RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Official Statement - Featherstone Rovers vs Halifax RLFC

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 39,806 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:56 AM

Can't see out in the P+C Chris.

thanks for the info Dave.
be assured things are happening

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

#22 The Fibber

The Fibber
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:23 PM

thanks for the info Dave.
be assured things are happening

Well thats 63p I'll not see again!!! but Mr Riley has a patch on the P&C web site and if this is what you refer toas 'just for starters' well I'm afraid to say we have already had the starters and this is more of the same, I believe it is what is known as a politicians answer wordy without saying anything you do not already know.

#23 The Fibber

The Fibber
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:27 PM

At least 2 will, they are regulars unfortunately. Problem is getting proof to take action and not relying on hearsay.

When you say regulars is that regular Rovers supporters or regular thugs?

I thought many people had seen and knew those involved along with 'mobile footage' or is that not the situation.

#24 The Fibber

The Fibber
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:34 PM

At least 2 will, they are regulars unfortunately. Problem is getting proof to take action and not relying on hearsay.

When you say regulars is that as in Rovers fans or thugs?

From all the original comments it appeared that quite a few people knew the names of those involved and 'mobile footage' was available is that not the situation?

#25 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:42 PM

I thought many people had seen and knew those involved along with 'mobile footage' or is that not the situation.

I was shown an image of someone who i was told was involved in the trouble and also overheard a conversation involving someone who was boasting about being involved and both are regular supporters.I don't know their names but I could certainly point them out, the problem is I personally don't have concrete evidence but I did confront one on the night.

Perhaps you'd like to give your real name and tell us what interest it is to you instead of hiding behind the Fibber alias. Are you a Fax fan trying to stirring things or a Fev fan? What are you doing to try to resolve things or are you just getting a kick out of stiring things? I notice that your 8 posts have appeared recently so what exactly is your agenda?
The club are doing what they can and they need support not people like you s**t stirring

#26 The Fibber

The Fibber
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:46 PM

Your comments are noted

#27 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:57 PM

Your comments are noted

Meaning what exactly? If you want to help the club then be open about it, if you don't then likewise. I am happy to get into a genuine debate and if you think the club should be doing more then say so but give us a clue what you would like them to do.As i have said, hearsay is one thing but the club need solid evidence.Perhaps Fax fans have it, maybe Fev fans can give the club statements, I don't know but this isn't just a Fev issue despite what some people think. I was threatened at a reserve game in Whitehaven for trying to ask a group of supporters a simple question, Fax fans were abusive at the Grand Final and Leigh fans were happy to get involved in trouble, add to that things that get reported about trouble at SL matches so the game as a whole need to work together to stamp the trouble out.

#28 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,101 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:21 PM

Meaning what exactly? If you want to help the club then be open about it, if you don't then likewise. I am happy to get into a genuine debate and if you think the club should be doing more then say so but give us a clue what you would like them to do.As i have said, hearsay is one thing but the club need solid evidence.Perhaps Fax fans have it, maybe Fev fans can give the club statements, I don't know but this isn't just a Fev issue despite what some people think. I was threatened at a reserve game in Whitehaven for trying to ask a group of supporters a simple question, Fax fans were abusive at the Grand Final and Leigh fans were happy to get involved in trouble, add to that things that get reported about trouble at SL matches so the game as a whole need to work together to stamp the trouble out.

Hear hear.

Buy the official Rovers 2013 Yearbook, out now!!!  ;)

http://feathers.rlstore.co.uk/product/2013YEARBOOK

#29 The Fibber

The Fibber
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:30 PM

I wanted to check the forum rules to see if I was in breach of them, it appears not. My comments/questions are valid and reasoned, prompted by the apparent lack of movement in dealing with these people from both clubs who have no right to be at games. COMMUNICATION is important

#30 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:32 PM

Any video footage given to the club will have been handed over to the police if they are investigating. If the club acted in haste they could be seen to be prejudicing any potential criminal charge/court case never mind the risk of incorrectly pointing the finger at any individual.

Clearly you've not noticed that Halifax haven't taken any action yet either.

#31 The Fibber

The Fibber
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:34 PM

Any video footage given to the club will have been handed over to the police if they are investigating. If the club acted in haste they could be seen to be prejudicing any potential criminal charge/court case never mind the risk of incorrectly pointing the finger at any individual.

Clearly you've not noticed that Halifax haven't taken any action yet either.

but I have

#32 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:41 PM

I wanted to check the forum rules to see if I was in breach of them, it appears not. My comments/questions are valid and reasoned, prompted by the apparent lack of movement in dealing with these people from both clubs who have no right to be at games. COMMUNICATION is important

Not questioning the validity of your posts and certainly not suggesting for one minute they breach the rules, just want to know what your motive is for asking the questions. As i've asked already,what is your interest? as a new poster have you posted to stir things up or contribute something constructive. Did you attend, who do you follow, have you got info that could help?
I agree the clubs need to communicate what action they have taken, for example did you know that the club read a statement out on each OFFICIAL club coach BEFORE they left for the Grand Final reminding fans of their responsibilites to behave as they were representing the club? That is proactive because the club don't want their fans to misbehave. We will tackle the issue and if it doesn't get media coverage at every stage then so be it as long as the individuals responsible are held to account.

Edited by Phil Stone, 30 June 2011 - 08:53 PM.

#33 Paulie

Paulie
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:08 AM

Not questioning the validity of your posts and certainly not suggesting for one minute they breach the rules, just want to know what your motive is for asking the questions. As i've asked already,what is your interest? as a new poster have you posted to stir things up or contribute something constructive. Did you attend, who do you follow, have you got info that could help?
I agree the clubs need to communicate what action they have taken, for example did you know that the club read a statement out on each OFFICIAL club coach BEFORE they left for the Grand Final reminding fans of their responsibilites to behave as they were representing the club? That is proactive because the club don't want their fans to misbehave. We will tackle the issue and if it doesn't get media coverage at every stage then so be it as long as the individuals responsible are held to account.

Phil, i think you are being much too accomodating with 'the fibber' and you certainly dont need to explain yourself to him/her. 'the fibber is clearly intent on painting the club and its fans in a continued picture of inaction over this matter.
Quite clearly he is a hanging judge with no regard for evidence or due process. It reminds me of a couple of posters who act in a similar fashion on the rovers forum on rlfans.

#34 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:46 AM

It reminds me of a couple of posters who act in a similar fashion on the rovers forum on rlfans.

True Paul, but have you read the Fax forum over the last 2 weeks?? There's some right crapola been posted on there.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#35 Paulie

Paulie
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:16 AM

True Paul, but have you read the Fax forum over the last 2 weeks?? There's some right crapola been posted on there.

'Scabbycats' influence is spreading Robin. I would dearly like to say a few things about the Halifax saga Robin but i think it would offend common decency - at least horses have a reason for wearing blinkers. I am just grateful that people such as yourself stick up for us without losing your temper because i wouldnt last two minutes on that forum Robin.

#36 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:30 AM

So because no one is telling you what is happening behind the scenes, nothing is actually happening.

Thats well thought out rationale, I'm impressed <_<
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#37 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:04 AM

'Scabbycats' influence is spreading Robin. I would dearly like to say a few things about the Halifax saga Robin but i think it would offend common decency - at least horses have a reason for wearing blinkers. I am just grateful that people such as yourself stick up for us without losing your temper because i wouldnt last two minutes on that forum Robin.

Scabbs is just a goon who is ineffectual at trying to prompt responses by such means - it's the response he so craves. His posts are lamentful so much so they are a cause for derision.
The Fax forum though is an entirely different matter. Nasty, generalised and without any balance.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#38 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:16 AM

So because no one is telling you what is happening behind the scenes, nothing is actually happening.

Thats well thought out rationale, I'm impressed <_<

As a fan of another club outside of local news publications etc in the Fev area, I too am interested in what happens. there has been two notible incidents featuring Fev and Fax in recent times and regretably the common belief to neutrals (right or wrong) is pointing towards Fev. Now my lil club don't threaten most clubs as everybody until recently expects to beat Batley, but what happens if we are drawn in a play-off match at Fev? If Batley were very lucky and we beat you on your own patch thus turfing you out of potentially another grand final would our fans be confronted by these known/unknown thugs? If such a scenerio did come into effect (also with A.N.Other club coming to fev for a big game) perhaps the away support would think twice before coming or even worse attract certain people to fev thinking that trouble will be available for them to get involved in or to start! Hooliganism is a slippery slope and it is very easy to get a bad reputation and very difficult to get rid of! I wish you success in this and hope to watch you in the grand final as I did last year, hopefully against us :wink:

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#39 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:34 AM

My point was there will be things going on out of the public eye (at the moment) and by making common knowledge of all the information available at this stage, any convictions could be put in doubt.

I am happy to wait and see what eventually comes out of all this, as I am sure those identified will face the full penalty available.

And I would gladly welcome a Fev / Batley GF as well :cool:

Edited by sidnee, 01 July 2011 - 11:36 AM.

The weak conform, the strong survive.

#40 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 39,806 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:39 AM

My point was there will be things going on out of the public eye (at the moment) and by making common knowledge of all the information available at this stage, any convictions could be put in doubt.

I am happy to wait and see what eventually comes out of all this, as I am sure those identified will face the full penalty available.

And I would gladly welcome a Fev / Batley GF as well :cool:

that is exactly the case

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users