RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Official Statement - Featherstone Rovers vs Halifax RLFC

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:47 AM

My point was there will be things going on out of the public eye (at the moment) and by making common knowledge of all the information available at this stage, any convictions could be put in doubt.

I am happy to wait and see what eventually comes out of all this, as I am sure those identified will face the full penalty available.

And I would gladly welcome a Fev / Batley GF as well :cool:

A reasoned and sensible post Sidnee owd cock!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#42 Rob Hemmi

Rob Hemmi
  • Coach
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:36 PM

I'd have batley as well lovely club is batley btw it's a Thursday night now batley away! :-(
Featherstone Rovers: league champions 2010...

#43 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:00 PM

The "Thugs" they are not fans,I think will often only look for trouble with teams who often bring a large travelling crowd-Halifax, Leigh etc. A big crowd means they think they can get away with acting like morons. It takes just two or three people to react and then the situation is out of control and then people feel justified for reacting. I am certain that people in the Featherstone area are protecting these thugs but for whatever reason are frightened of giving evidence. The Clubs and the Police can make various statements etc but unless people start giving evidence and admitting they saw friends/Family/Neighbours acting like morons then the Clubs and Police can do nothing. The people who attacked Dave Singer were in a small Group it wasnt just one individual. Yet this group will not rat on there friends. This pathetic situation has dragged on and on. We now have Fax fans angry at Fev Fans and Fev Fans angry at Fax fans for what keyboard Warriors put on some stupid forum. To be honest I dont expect anybody to be arrested or banned.
The Question both Halifax and Featherstone (Club and fans) have to ask "What do we do now and in the future?". Both Clubs have well run boards involving top people. Both have fans that love RUgby League and are frankly embarrassed and annoyed what has happened. May I suggest that both Clubs and fans get together and do various events at breaking the problems between us. I would also suggest involving players and officials. Maybe 2 Charity Day fundraiser for Dave Singer, Pinderfields and Overgate Hospice with one event based in Halifax and on another day at featherstone. Events on the day could include A RL Quiz with teams involving players, officials and fans. Tag game but mix the teams up so fans of both clubs are on the same side not Fax v Fev. Challenges like running a relay obstacle course again with teams with mixed fans. I do feel we need to start looking to the future and what we personally can do instead of just getting wound up and having the present situation which is not good for anybody. Sadly I dont live in the UK but I do have many contacts at Halifax and the fans that I am sure would want to see something like this happen. Its up to us to get things going and to get both clubs supporting it. Lets move on from this past 12 months please

#44 Paul Gibbins

Paul Gibbins
  • Coach
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:11 PM

The "Thugs" they are not fans,I think will often only look for trouble with teams who often bring a large travelling crowd-Halifax, Leigh etc. A big crowd means they think they can get away with acting like morons. It takes just two or three people to react and then the situation is out of control and then people feel justified for reacting. I am certain that people in the Featherstone area are protecting these thugs but for whatever reason are frightened of giving evidence. The Clubs and the Police can make various statements etc but unless people start giving evidence and admitting they saw friends/Family/Neighbours acting like morons then the Clubs and Police can do nothing. The people who attacked Dave Singer were in a small Group it wasnt just one individual. Yet this group will not rat on there friends. This pathetic situation has dragged on and on. We now have Fax fans angry at Fev Fans and Fev Fans angry at Fax fans for what keyboard Warriors put on some stupid forum. To be honest I dont expect anybody to be arrested or banned.
The Question both Halifax and Featherstone (Club and fans) have to ask "What do we do now and in the future?". Both Clubs have well run boards involving top people. Both have fans that love RUgby League and are frankly embarrassed and annoyed what has happened. May I suggest that both Clubs and fans get together and do various events at breaking the problems between us. I would also suggest involving players and officials. Maybe 2 Charity Day fundraiser for Dave Singer, Pinderfields and Overgate Hospice with one event based in Halifax and on another day at featherstone. Events on the day could include A RL Quiz with teams involving players, officials and fans. Tag game but mix the teams up so fans of both clubs are on the same side not Fax v Fev. Challenges like running a relay obstacle course again with teams with mixed fans. I do feel we need to start looking to the future and what we personally can do instead of just getting wound up and having the present situation which is not good for anybody. Sadly I dont live in the UK but I do have many contacts at Halifax and the fans that I am sure would want to see something like this happen. Its up to us to get things going and to get both clubs supporting it. Lets move on from this past 12 months please

Back up a bit here, there were 2 GROUPS of people FIGHTING each other in the coach park a good 10 minutes before the Dave Singer incident, and thewre are many differing reports made to the Police and these are fact.....
a person wearing a blue and white fev top hit him once then ran off to a bus
a person wearing a red and white fev top punched and kicked him then ran away fropm the coaches
a person wearing no colours hit him then ran back to join in a fight between fev and fax fans
he jumped on his friend's shoulders celebrating and went straight over as his friend buckled, landing on his face
Plus there are many other versions like the one you've come up with about a group kicking him round the car park

The truth is the cctv above him didn't capture how the injury occured and everyone who has given an account believes they are completely correct, they can't all be right obviously, i know what i saw and what i said in my statement to Police and my opinion of itwill never change as i can see it everytime i close my eyes.

I totally agree we need to move on together but i as bluebeard was threatened by fax fans at the GF as i walked past them, ay the SF the other week i was manhandled by about 10 fax fans while trying to walk in my changing room but every one from there insists that fev are the only bad people and fax fans just react, its tosh we all have our idiot and none of them should be hidden
PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling
Plastering

Bathroom fitting
Fencing
Guttering

Insurance work
Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users