Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

THE BEST TEAM LOST

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,288 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:22 PM

what?
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#2 frankj

frankj
  • Coach
  • 406 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:27 PM

First half 18-22 to Rovers. Second half 10-14 to Rovers. What he really meant was the team who bombed their chances lost.

#3 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:31 PM

Yeah if passing wasn't a skill required in rugby league then they might of won, but as it is Nigel the BEST TEAM WON.

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

#4 SamG

SamG
  • Coach
  • 296 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:38 PM

The best team take their chances (even if we can't drop goals!)

#5 daz

daz
  • Coach
  • 550 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:39 PM

i though Fev were the best team, but i can understand it from his point of view, they did bomb chances, but whats to say that it wasnt our presence putting them under pressure that caused them.

anyway its over and 3 points is on its way down the M6, roll on Toulouse, just hope Tommy, spears and Haley are not too bad injuries

#6 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:47 PM

Thomasons mistakes directly lead to them scoring 3 tries, they bombed 3 tries... fail result.

Cummins Out.

#7 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,126 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:51 PM

Looks like Haley as a broken wrist from what I heard at the game
Im Fev and im proud

#8 Rob Hemmi

Rob Hemmi
  • Coach
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:08 PM

Fev battered barra all game hated watching it on tv but no choice muffy hardman Greg Powell all stand outs for me! The fans that went top respect could ear you all loud and clear! Think I woke our mace up shouting though! Safe journey home!

Say weeee are top the league say weeee are top the Leagueeeeeeee.........
Featherstone Rovers: league champions 2010...

#9 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:10 PM

Thought that Rovers had a little bit of luck tonight (with Worthington's last try) and a little bit of bad luck last week (Patterson's charge down & worrincy's try). I don't think I'd swap places with Fax though, I'd rather have the GF than the NRC!

#10 Paul Gibbins

Paul Gibbins
  • Coach
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:14 PM

excellent performance following last weeks match, coping with the loss of spears and Haley early doors not to mention Saxton, some lovely tries and even though Thomasson made 2 howlers for 2 of theirs out scored them, well done to all invloved including the fans.

But next time can you be the best team please lol
PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling
Plastering

Bathroom fitting
Fencing
Guttering

Insurance work
Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

#11 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:20 PM

Well done to both sides; Fev buried last weeks disappointment at the first attempt; Barrow did bomb chances but its all about planting the ball on the try line; Fev were the best side in the second half and kept their composure despite crucial injuries; Well done to the players for steadying the ship when it looked a little bit iffy;

#12 Birchy

Birchy
  • Coach
  • 818 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:26 PM

Who started this thread?!?

UP THE ROVERS!

#13 budgiezilla

budgiezilla
  • Coach
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:40 PM

worst team lost - END OF........ (from a Leigh fan)

#14 mightyship

mightyship
  • Players
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:54 PM

is Mr Wright turning into the new Matt Calland - just be humble in defeat Nigel and stop moaning. The best team did not pass into touch, the best team could stop a scrum half dragging himself over the line ; you get my drift.

well done to Fev tonight - we still don't look like we are firing on all cylinders but ground out a win. Hepworth had another cracker for me and thought Netherton had a good game too.

NRC semi final almost a distant memory now

#15 Rob Hemmi

Rob Hemmi
  • Coach
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:07 PM

worst team lost - END OF........ (from a Leigh fan)

Hahahaha were coming watch your back and blackpool is rubbish anyway before you throw that in!
Featherstone Rovers: league champions 2010...

#16 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:11 PM

When you actually look at our season it's been a pretty decent one so far. We have only lost 1 game in the League when we were injury hit in the first game of the season. Then we dropped more points at home to a dam good Leigh team.

Obviousley last week was a disapointment but again over 80 minutes we did not lose. If you look at our record over the last 2 seasons I think that we should be proud of the players and the coaching staff.

Well done tonight to the players, it must have been a tough week but you have done us proud!
"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

#17 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:11 PM

I am in awe of this bunch of players of ours. Beaten in the most heartbreaking cicumstances last week. They go up to Barrow. Never the easiest place in the world, and grind out a massive win. Sat watching in the pub i was so proud of the players. Hard to pick a MoM but Worthington was excellent, Divorty was a man mountain, Dickens delivered again (no surprise), Kain was a nuisance all night, Finn steered us round the park beautifully but for me Hepworth just shaded it. To all the ROVERS players - i am so proud of you. You are giants among men.
"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

#18 Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor
  • Coach
  • 7,717 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:23 PM

Here Here DMS!!
2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

#19 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:32 PM

wont bother saying anything as DMS says it all. Who said we Cant play in the second half. Well done to all at the club and a special mention to the noise from our away support, awesome. Lots of injuries again but this is were Fev are famous for putting an unknown player into the team and discovering another star as Worthington and Navuduvu showed again tonight. Yes I dont know how to spell his name.
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#20 kev C

kev C
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:36 PM

wont bother saying anything as DMS says it all. Who said we Cant play in the second half. Well done to all at the club and a special mention to the noise from our away support, awesome. Lots of injuries again but this is were Fev are famous for putting an unknown player into the team and discovering another star as Worthington and Navuduvu showed again tonight. Yes I dont know how to spell his name.

You spell it " Muffy" :biggrin:
"League is much, much more physical than Union, and that's before anyone starts breaking the rules."

Adrian Hadley (1988)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users