Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Stadium Development

• Please log in to reply
251 replies to this topic

#61 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:38 PM

http://www.scarborou...s_now_1_3802678

This pic taken last Thursday while we were there (seats in background now out and for sale :wink: )
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#62 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:40 PM

As a lifelong supporter of Scarborough FC with many happy memories from the ground, I would like to ask where the proceeds from the sale of these seats will be going? With no disrespect, the demolition of the McCain stadium has been a horrible time for all of us supporters who have spent many a happy time in the ground. I personally think you will be more successful with the sale of these seats if you split the proceeds 50/50 between whatever it is you decide the proceeds are going towards and football in scarborough, perhaps the back2boro scheme? A lot of fans will want to own a piece of the ground, but may be put off by the fact it seems the club demolishing our ground want to make a profit out of sale of seats to our supporters. Something to consider maybe?
I look forward to hearing your response.
Yours truly,
Rachel

If it was me and ok with the club, then i would write back saying that if they have any volounteers, if they are more than happy to remove some of the seats in the other stand, whatever they remove they can have to auction off themselves for their back2boro scheme or whatever they want to use the money for

If the club want to donate some seats that have been removed already as well thats up to them, maybe run it past them?

Everybody would probably be happy then - we get seats removed quicker and some more to sell, and scarboro supporters arent loosing out either as they have a few to sell or have as memorabilia and they might get some money ploughed back into football in scarboro

Edited by elppaxr2i, 26 September 2011 - 08:43 PM.

#63 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:42 PM

I wouldnt mind but there are only 1000 seats left from approximately 5000 as most were already stolen before we were on site.

We are doing them a favour making them available, we could have just crushed them all but we actually volunteered our own time and effort to take them out without damage.

There only 99p each so were not going to make any money.

Awaiting to hear from the Frickley Athletic chairman to see if he wants any seats and I should hear tomorrow about how many spotlights we can have from work.
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#64 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:28 PM

I am getting a few unhappy Scarborough fans sending me mails about the sale of THEIR seats, your thoughts on this matter please.

As a lifelong supporter of Scarborough FC with many happy memories from the ground, I would like to ask where the proceeds from the sale of these seats will be going? With no disrespect, the demolition of the McCain stadium has been a horrible time for all of us supporters who have spent many a happy time in the ground. I personally think you will be more successful with the sale of these seats if you split the proceeds 50/50 between whatever it is you decide the proceeds are going towards and football in scarborough, perhaps the back2boro scheme? A lot of fans will want to own a piece of the ground, but may be put off by the fact it seems the club demolishing our ground want to make a profit out of sale of seats to our supporters. Something to consider maybe?
I look forward to hearing your response.
Yours truly,
Rachel

im a scarborough fan. how have you got all these seats to sell? you giving us any of the cash you make form this? if not i hope no one buys them off you

- superger18

I can understand their grief but do we really owe them anything?

If I'm reading what's in the public domain correctly, in exchange for clearing the site, we get to keep whatever we want and dispose of as we see fit. Therefore they are ours to sell. If these Scarborough fans want a seat or two, why not let them come down and remove them, it'll save all you very generous volunteers a job.

#65 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:42 PM

We would be gutted if we were in their shoes and was watching another club taking our ground so I am sure we all sympaphise.

I contacted the Scarborough forum manager which is still used and made him aware that they were on sale so no fans miss out and he text me back saying "are you taking the p*ss" , I also went to the trouble of joining their forum and posted the info on there and I still get irate fans sending me the above mail, I hope Frickley buy them all now after the response I have experienced.

Anyone wanna buy a seat :biggrin: :biggrin:
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#66 Paul Gibbins

Paul Gibbins
  • Coach
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:15 AM

We would be gutted if we were in their shoes and was watching another club taking our ground so I am sure we all sympaphise.

I contacted the Scarborough forum manager which is still used and made him aware that they were on sale so no fans miss out and he text me back saying "are you taking the p*ss" , I also went to the trouble of joining their forum and posted the info on there and I still get irate fans sending me the above mail, I hope Frickley buy them all now after the response I have experienced.

Anyone wanna buy a seat :biggrin: :biggrin:

If the Scarboro fans had been this bothered a few years ago maybe there wouldn't be a ground available for us to knock down, get em sold i say.

The deal is they get the site cleared for new housing we take what we want from it, i can't see an issue, if we want to be accomodating tell the forum to get themselves down on a specific day when the demolision team are there and remove any seats they want, if they don't come then they are obviously not that irate are they??
PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling
Plastering

Bathroom fitting
Fencing
Guttering

Insurance work
Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

#67 Mark Ashton

Mark Ashton
  • Coach
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:26 AM

If the Scarboro fans had been this bothered a few years ago maybe there wouldn't be a ground available for us to knock down, get em sold i say.

The deal is they get the site cleared for new housing we take what we want from it, i can't see an issue, if we want to be accomodating tell the forum to get themselves down on a specific day when the demolision team are there and remove any seats they want, if they don't come then they are obviously not that irate are they??

Well said Paul

#68 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:51 AM

Bah... football fans.

Cummins Out.

#69 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 682 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:29 AM

Well said Paul

Ile second that

#70 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:33 PM

All smoved over now with the F.C fans

Great news today about the Ebay sale of seats, A sports club today bought 350 seats and a dozen more have also been sold.

More great news about the Stadium development today is that Asda Chilled Distribution at Normanton donated 70 400W spotlights to be erected behind the new stands, Family stand and also for the training pitches. They also threw in an extra 16 brand new replacement bulbs that they had in stock.

Took me 3 hours to load and then unlosd them from a van.

#71 frankj

frankj
  • Coach
  • 406 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:41 PM

A covenant existed on the McCain Stadium that restricted its use only to sporting activities. Scarborough failed to convince the Scarborough Borough Council that its proposals to sell the McCain Stadium to a housing developer would raise enough money to pay off the debts and build a new ground.[4]

Scarborough were wound up in the High Court with debts of £2.5 million, on 20 June 2007, ending its 128-year existence as a club. The Seadog Trust (a supporters' trust established in 2006) then formed Scarborough Athletic to carry forward the spirit of the former club.[5]

Above is a quote from the Scarborough FC Wikipedia site.

It seems to me that the Club went bust and so any questions the fans have about the Club should be directed to the liquidators. The Stadium is owned by Scarborough Council who have a right to recoup money they have shelled out - just as you or I would if we choose to sell something which belongs to us. As such, supporters of the liquidated Club should direct any anger they have about the Stadium to Scarborough Council, not Featherstone Rovers.

As has already been said, the proposals have been made public via the local press in Scarborough. Also the public of Scarborough have had at least 4 years to do something about the Stadium and have chosen not to. By the sound of it, some items have already disappeared before Featherstone Rovers came on the scene, so the public of Scarborough have no axe to grind in my opinion. In fact they should be grateful to Featherstone Rovers for swelling Scarborough Council's coffers. We owe the people of Scarborough nothing.

If, however, one of their landlady's wants to offer a discount on the b&b charges next summer.......that might be a different story.

Edited by frankj, 27 September 2011 - 04:44 PM.

#72 frankj

frankj
  • Coach
  • 406 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:46 PM

Great news today about the Ebay sale of seats, A sports club today bought 350 seats and a dozen more have also been sold.

More great news about the Stadium development today is that Asda Chilled Distribution at Normanton donated 70 400W spotlights to be erected behind the new stands, Family stand and also for the training pitches. They also threw in an extra 16 brand new replacement bulbs that they had in stock.

Three cheers for Asda

#73 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:46 PM

If, however, one of their landlady's wants to offer a discount on the b&b charges next summer.......that might be a different story.

Never mind about the bread and butter Frank, I want a discount on the whole breakfast. :wink:

:laugh: :laugh:
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#74 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,951 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:10 PM

well done, thats a better announcement than the one c*s came out with today.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#75 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:24 PM

We are slowly getting there.

#76 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:53 PM

C*s ? Who the hell are they? Never heard of them. As a wise man once said "If it aint blue I aint interested " Up the Super Rovers

#77 JasonNorth

JasonNorth
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:32 PM

Stratobill well done.....thats great news! Thanks asda, guess me shopping there is paying off :-)

Edited by JasonNorth, 27 September 2011 - 10:35 PM.

#78 Rarefrith

Rarefrith
  • Coach
  • 548 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:48 PM

Have we got planning permission for the stadium upgrade, it doesnt seem to be getting a mention?

#79 FevDean32

FevDean32
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:07 PM

Have we got planning permission for the stadium upgrade, it doesnt seem to be getting a mention?

on the presentation evening i'm sure December 2011 was mentioned as estimated time for permission

#80 Mark Ashton

Mark Ashton
  • Coach
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:38 PM

You can't rush these things, permission will be later than first predicted due to a number of factors. Please bear with us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users