Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Stadium Development

• Please log in to reply
251 replies to this topic

#121 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 682 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:31 AM

im on scholarship for the 15s, and when we were training on the back pitch wednesday night a truck pulled up with huge concrete steps on the back, simon riley was there and think the express was down taking pictures. they're now just layed flat in the back car park at the moment.

Nice one , it will be nice for the cas fans to look in the pont and cas and see what REAL ground developement progress is ,sorry for my language with the C word , and good luck with your scholarship .

#122 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:39 PM

If I'm reading what's in the public domain correctly, in exchange for clearing the site, we get to keep whatever we want and dispose of as we see fit. Therefore they are ours to sell. If these Scarborough fans want a seat or two, why not let them come down and remove them, it'll save all you very generous volunteers a job.

A Scarborough fan who lives to the rear of the ground has collected seats and installed them in his garden as a memento.

#123 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:52 PM

Should hold bob crowther off for a few days ;)

A nucleus of about six have put in tremendous work to make all this happen. Covo and his small band of experienced helpers have been fantastic. What would the Club do without him?.Basically, just the skeletons of the stands now remaining and the concrete terracing and steps are now being transported over to Fev. Metal work to follow. Although going home K*******d, I have felt very proud to be assisting in my own small way.
We will get there.

#124 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:20 PM

A nucleus of about six have put in tremendous work to make all this happen. Covo and his small band of experienced helpers have been fantastic. What would the Club do without him?.Basically, just the skeletons of the stands now remaining and the concrete terracing and steps are now being transported over to Fev. Metal work to follow. Although going home K*******d, I have felt very proud to be assisting in my own small way.
We will get there.

well done to all...and im SURE ther'll be a lot more willing hands at THIS end so dont worry!!

#125 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:50 PM

well done to all...and im SURE ther'll be a lot more willing hands at THIS end so dont worry!!

Should be more convenient for everyone at this end. Plenty of painting the metalwork, (blue as opposed to the present white).

#126 Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor
  • Coach
  • 7,717 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:54 PM

im on scholarship for the 15s, and when we were training on the back pitch wednesday night a truck pulled up with huge concrete steps on the back, simon riley was there and think the express was down taking pictures. they're now just layed flat in the back car park at the moment.

Nah - that was me! Club have the pictures if they wish to use them.
2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

#127 WJP

WJP
  • Coach
  • 174 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:48 PM

oh right! somebody said it was the express, sorry haha

#128 Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor
  • Coach
  • 7,717 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:42 PM

No worries!

#129 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:20 AM

bless he thought The c*s n c*s would be interested in Fev.

We get a 3full page spread Everytime our neighbours hire a digger then, No report when its de hired and done nothing.

Our time is near to be the top team in the area again
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#130 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:38 AM

We had a full back page this week!

Not bad bearing in mind that english bloke, wots iz name, Rangi thingy plays for 'England' on Sat!! :rolleyes:
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#131 Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor
  • Coach
  • 7,717 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:41 AM

Roger Chase - Milkman? Cracking 6 that lad. Born in Cas - Centre of the world I tell thee.

#132 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:58 PM

We will need a new spot for the bonfire next year (hopefully!)

Can we have 1 added to the plans before they are submitted for planning permission please :tongue:

#133 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:41 PM

We have had two more HGV deliveries today from Scarborough consisting of concrete slabs that are the steps/terracing that slots onto the steelwork.

Everyone that is going to tomorrows HUGE bonfire will see everything that has arrived so far.

Come to think of it , you should be able to see for miles when that fire gets going :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#134 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:44 AM

any news on planning permission? or is caslteford and Wakefield council going to shaft us? I can imagine the reply you can build it but it will have to be at GlassHoughton

Edited by lingard, 07 November 2011 - 09:44 AM.

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#135 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:11 PM

A nice piece in this weeks pont n c@s from Simon thanking all the volunteers as well as an update, re planning application. :biggrin:

#136 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:42 PM

A nice piece in this weeks pont n c@s from Simon thanking all the volunteers as well as an update, re planning application. :biggrin:

I am so sorry I have been unable to help. However if there is any paper work I can do at home.......

#137 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:09 PM

:biggrin: :cool: :biggrin: :cool: :biggrin: :cool: :biggrin: :cool:

http://www.featherst...cle.php?id=6356

#138 Mark Ashton

Mark Ashton
  • Coach
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:16 PM

Watch this space, things are moving on with the design :smile:

#139 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:58 PM

Watch this space, things are moving on with the design :smile:

sounds good :biggrin:
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#140 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:18 PM

sounds good :biggrin:

All things being equal, the last remaining steelwork should be at Bigfellas for Friday, latest. A job well done. We want as many as possible to become involved in the re-build.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users