Widnes Away

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 daz

daz
  • Coach
  • 550 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:26 AM

I was looking on the fixture list as i would of though the Widnes v FEV game might get moved to Thursday for Sky

I see there hasnt been a game selected as yet so do we know if we are playing sunday still as its getting too late to change the fixture or could this still get moved to the Thursday at this late stage.

#2 kev C

kev C
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:53 AM

Are sky showing championship games next year ? I dont think they should be able to change fixtures at short notice but hey if the rfl says its ok ( :
"League is much, much more physical than Union, and that's before anyone starts breaking the rules."

Adrian Hadley (1988)

#3 daz

daz
  • Coach
  • 550 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:32 AM

Its Deffo on the 4th, get the busses booked !!!

Dewsbury v Leigh has been choosen to be screened by Sky on the Thursday 1st Sept.

#4 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,624 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:40 AM

Its Deffo on the 4th, get the busses booked !!!

Dewsbury v Leigh has been choosen to be screened by Sky on the Thursday 1st Sept.

At 12.30 according to the website ... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#5 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,914 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:47 AM

Think that's for the curtain raiser!!!!
Sunday jobby! BOOM SHANKA!!!!!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#6 daz

daz
  • Coach
  • 550 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:53 AM

we will know what we need to do to clinch the league leaders title by then.

#7 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,624 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:02 PM

You'll need three points. :cool:

#8 Leyther_Matt

Leyther_Matt
  • Coach
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:55 PM

Just shows how bothered the RFL & Sky are about the fans and even the players in this league. A whole 8 days notice to book time off work and rearrange travel plans....great stuff! :angry:

#9 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,624 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:08 PM

Then, of course, they wonder why the crowds aren't good.

#10 stuart56

stuart56
  • Coach
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:55 PM

we will know what we need to do to clinch the league leaders title by then.

Which in itself is ridiculous. There was a time BS when all decisive games on the last day kicked off at the same time. I would certainly be annoyed if I was a Leigh fan.
< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >

#11 Rob Hemmi

Rob Hemmi
  • Coach
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:12 PM

###### on it's going to be a party in scouse land
Featherstone Rovers: league champions 2010...

#12 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:41 PM

Just shows how bothered the RFL & Sky are about the fans and even the players in this league. A whole 8 days notice to book time off work and rearrange travel plans....great stuff! :angry:

To be fair Fev should be kicking off at the same time as Leigh...Proves without doubt the RFL are a total joke; If I was a Leigh fan I'd be miffed; AND Dewsbury..York and Hunslet;

Edited by Phil Loxton, 24 August 2011 - 02:45 PM.

#13 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,624 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:25 PM

Which in itself is ridiculous. There was a time BS when all decisive games on the last day kicked off at the same time. I would certainly be annoyed if I was a Leigh fan.

Remember that season - 1993/94, was it ? - when three teams went into the last weekend level on points at the top of Div 1? Sky had Warrington playing Friday and going top, Saints on Saturday, winning and going top, and then Wiggin on Sunday, winning and going top.

Anyway, I think any old win will do you. Maybe a draw if you scrape a bonus point on Sunday. :cool:

#14 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,624 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:29 PM

Dint the RFL have a couple of $uperleague teams kicking off on Saturday a few seasons ago, even though they weren't on Sky, just so's they could play their game simultaneously with the televised game.

Hey - maybe you could be playing Thursday night after all!! :laugh:

#15 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:49 PM

Think its the right choice of game - both teams have something to play for, Widnes have nothing to play for

#16 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,624 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:52 AM

Think its the right choice of game - both teams have something to play for, Widnes have nothing to play for

Fair point.

#17 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:05 AM

i think its the wrong game. i mean come on they could televise us lifting the league shield. no better way than promoting the sport

#18 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:17 AM

i think its the wrong game. i mean come on they could televise us lifting the league shield. no better way than promoting the sport

Yes they could do that...in front of 200 people more than likely because loads would not be able to make Widnes on a Thursday night

Think id rather us lift it if we win it in front of 5,6,700 of our lot on a glorious sunday afternoon where loads more are going to be able to go

And they wouldnt be able to broadcast a trophy presentation - the programme finishes about 5 mins after the hooter, they arent going to fit pitchside reaction, studio reaction plus a trophy celebration in that alloted time, it took about 20 minutes last season after Barrow game just to get everything set up before the trophy even came onto the pitch

Edited by elppaxr2i, 25 August 2011 - 09:18 AM.

#19 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,624 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:55 AM

Whoever wins the League Leaders' Shield will get it at the first play-off game.

1. They'll be at home - guaranteed.

2. It'll be on Sky - guaranteed.

:cool:

#20 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:46 PM

If we were to win the league at widnes it would look funny on sky to the general public Fev Rovers have won the league leaders shield but are not promoted to S/L that goes to Widnes who by the way finished 4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users