Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Ideas to raise cash for fev

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#1 Birchy

Birchy
  • Coach
  • 818 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:35 PM

At today's game I noticed fans had sponsored bricks in the stand inscribed with personal messages. Could we do this at fev for the new stand? Any other ways we can raise funds with the new stadium or any other weird and wonderful ideas?

UP THE ROVERS!

#2 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:48 PM

Not being dismissive of your idea Birchy, but the existing fans cant be asked to cough up more, we need to either bring in new fans or make money out of people that have no interest in Rugby League or Featherstone Rovers.... thats the easy part done :rolleyes:

Cummins Out.

#3 Birchy

Birchy
  • Coach
  • 818 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 09:11 PM

A valid point, but the more ideas the better perhaps ? I know that thread idea has been done before however

UP THE ROVERS!

#4 daz

daz
  • Coach
  • 550 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 09:42 PM

I think York have a fans player pot. Where fans all chip in and buy or sponsors a players wages. Something like that anyway. If there were buckets on our way in I'll chip a quid or two in every week knowing it is going to buy or keep existing players

#5 The Grinder

The Grinder
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 10:35 PM

I think York have a fans player pot. Where fans all chip in and buy or sponsors a players wages. Something like that anyway. If there were buckets on our way in I'll chip a quid or two in every week knowing it is going to buy or keep existing players

Daz - are you a member of FRISA? because that's exactly what they do. If not you should join. Details here

A £5 a month goes towards player recruitment, with around £120,000 being paid by FRISA for players over the last 10 years. Just wish we had 200 more FRISA members so we could double the money FRISA hand over. standing oder forem here

I know lots of folks can't aford to do this but it don't stop me wishing.

Edited by The Grinder, 28 August 2011 - 10:42 PM.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

#6 gomersab

gomersab
  • Coach
  • 470 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 10:45 PM

Don't we have names on bricks just inside miller gate? At least we used to?

#7 GARY....S

GARY....S
  • Coach
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:33 AM

Yes we do have named bricks inside the miller gate can't remember how much they cost but we could include another wall somewhere in the new stands .
"somebody pinch me I must be dreaming"

" TK ROVERS TO THE MAXX "

Posted Image

#8 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:16 AM

At today's game I noticed fans had sponsored bricks in the stand inscribed with personal messages. Could we do this at fev for the new stand? Any other ways we can raise funds with the new stadium or any other weird and wonderful ideas?

Always worth exploring new fund raising ideas.Somebody might come up with a gem of an idea.
We can all push events that are taking place at the Big Fellas Stadium and if every supporter who is on facebook made a pledge to advertise to all their friends (especially the ones who don't support Rovers) events we might just get the odd one to attend.

If there's anyone wanting to sponsor one of the dancers there are still opportunities (see pinned thread) Maybe someone knows a local business who might want to take up the offer?

#9 Cruncher

Cruncher
  • Coach
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:06 AM

Here's an idea to consider...

My mate is a Walsall football fan (don't ask!) and he told me about a scheme they are doing this year on their junior season tickets. I'm not sure of their exact prices but it works something like this...

You buy a junior ticket for say £69 that covers all their 23 home league games. Everytime the child goes to a game they get £3 back at the turnstile so if they attend every game the season ticket is free. Apparantly Walsall have done research that shows the kids will then spend the £3 and probably the same again on burgers, drinks, club merchandise etc.

Not sure if it would work at Fev but it could be a way to increase revenue and increse crowds as well.

#10 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,020 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:30 AM

Yes we do have named bricks inside the miller gate can't remember how much they cost but we could include another wall somewhere in the new stands .

think they were 37 quid, one of mine was spelt wrong. (and still is).
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#11 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:55 AM

We Could get the cashline/lottery introduced to local businesses so colleagues can pay through their wages each month? Or ask businesses if they are prepared to sponsor 1 of the new stands like we did with Linpac.(not seen their name around the ground for years). Merge both ideas and maybe see if say at the bigger local employers i.e Asda , Linpac would allow their employees to donate say £4/5 a month, plus some from employer to sponsor 1 of the new stands.
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#12 fevbloke

fevbloke
  • Players
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:56 PM

I would buy one sounds like a good idea
YOUTHS A MASK LIVE IT LONG AND LIVE IT FAST

#13 fevbloke

fevbloke
  • Players
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:05 PM

Daz - are you a member of FRISA? because that's exactly what they do. If not you should join. Details here

A £5 a month goes towards player recruitment, with around £120,000 being paid by FRISA for players over the last 10 years. Just wish we had 200 more FRISA members so we could double the money FRISA hand over. standing oder forem here

I know lots of folks can't aford to do this but it don't stop me wishing.

New recruit here :biggrin:

#14 fevbloke

fevbloke
  • Players
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:07 PM

Grinder is there a members newsletter or something that lets members know whats going on ?

#15 The Grinder

The Grinder
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:47 PM

Grinder is there a members newsletter or something that lets members know whats going on ?

Hi FB,

Yes we produce newsletters During the year, PM me with your email address and I'll get the latest newsletter forwarded on to you.

And thanks for joining FRISA your support is much appreshiated.

Regards,
Dave
I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

#16 fevbloke

fevbloke
  • Players
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:52 PM

Hi FB,

Yes we produce newsletters During the year, PM me with your email address and I'll get the latest newsletter forwarded on to you.

And thanks for joining FRISA your support is much appreshiated.

Regards,
Dave

pm sent Dave

#17 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:42 PM

Plenty of good ideas over the years. The big trouble is getting someone to implement them. Ask for volunteers and you get a deathly silence apart from the dedicated few.

#18 fevbloke

fevbloke
  • Players
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:54 PM

Plenty of good ideas over the years. The big trouble is getting someone to implement them. Ask for volunteers and you get a deathly silence apart from the dedicated few.

i cant lay bricks but if you want owt plastering im yer man....hobknobs n tea required :biggrin: :biggrin:

#19 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:02 PM

i cant lay bricks but if you want owt plastering im yer man....hobknobs n tea required :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thats another 1 penciled in for the stadium developments! :smile:
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#20 fevbloke

fevbloke
  • Players
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:11 PM

Thats another 1 penciled in for the stadium developments! :smile:

happy to help ..... but dont think they could keep me going in tea n bics..... :biggrin:

Edited by Maureen T-k, 31 August 2011 - 10:57 AM.
use of text speak

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users