Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Ideas to raise cash for fev

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#61 hooker9

hooker9
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:47 PM

Just signed up to the easy fundraising site for FEV, 43 people now on and just short of 50 quid :smile: , also sent emails to about 6 friends and family about it too.

On another note about fundraising and i know its not much but could increase our attendances (in time), i also know the club reps/players (all included) do a lot of work off the field,- would it be possible to get someone to attend local rugby league matches in the area as guests to pick a man of the match and present them with 2 match day passes for FEV'S next home game?
The winners wouldn't have been there anyway and you never know, some of them might get the ROVERS bug????

#62 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:23 PM

Just signed up to the easy fundraising site for FEV, 43 people now on and just short of 50 quid :smile: , also sent emails to about 6 friends and family about it too.

On another note about fundraising and i know its not much but could increase our attendances (in time), i also know the club reps/players (all included) do a lot of work off the field,- would it be possible to get someone to attend local rugby league matches in the area as guests to pick a man of the match and present them with 2 match day passes for FEV'S next home game?
The winners wouldn't have been there anyway and you never know, some of them might get the ROVERS bug????

That's kind of how I rediscovered my love of the Rovers (and Rugby League), I'd been absent since 96, but a couple of the players visited my kid's school and were handing out free tickets. My lad came home excited and we went to the Barrow home game. I've been to every home and a few away games since and have definately got the bug again, so much so that I've bought a season ticket for next year.

#63 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:39 AM

Still only 44 users but GREAT news we have finally broke the £50 mark. £51.30 free money raised now

Dont forget to download the toolbar to make it easier and ensures you dont miss or forget when buying online and email all your contacts in your mailbox with the information
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#64 A_Falkiner

A_Falkiner
  • Coach
  • 266 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:45 PM

For me it doesn't seem like I've done much at all but still managed to raise over £3! It's surprising how quickly u can rack it up
Fev's motto: "Consilio et Animis" - By Wisdom & Courage

C*s' motto: "Quod est Aedificemus Anno Altero" - We'll build it next year

#65 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:21 AM

Still only 47 users but heading towards the £60 barrier. Did anyone see info sheets on their Grand Final bus? I put them on every seat of the Bradley Arms bus. Need to get some up in the bars around Fev, especially in the club house.
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#66 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,172 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:51 PM

If you haven't yet signed up to www.easyfundraising.org.uk, i think you should, so when you are buying products online, go through there, click the retailer and the club will receive a percentange of that! It soon adds up.

Also as part of that, they have a search function, which every time you do a search it generates 1p > http://featherstoner...ysearch.org.uk/

For me, i'm doing online searches all the time and I imagine a lot of you on here will use google? Why not use that and make the club some money along the way?

I've already handed over £30 last month.

Using it now Chris from the old bed. Do quite a bit of searching.
Incidentally when I was more active I started a scheme for kids in laserball. (like paintball but not chance of injury). I looked well into it. The ground could be used without affecting the pitch as instead of trees you use blow ups. Castles, walls, defences etc. Various games could be played , such as one team attacking the castle. I got as far as the man coming down when the Rovers organisor resigned. Things have changed but I reckon now the best bet would be to buy one's own equipment. Two benefits: It would attract the kids and it is a money raiser. Potential new members and Mums involved. Might be one to pass by Paul. Thought I'd just put my twopennorth in. Steady progress on the heart attack, but still confined to barracks. See you. Keep the handshake firm Col.

#67 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:21 PM

I got £4 for posting 10 stadium seats off to Southampton today through the scheme with parcels2go.com. It wasnt in their searches but popped up when I Googled DHL door to door parcels. So a win win, making money selling the seats and then more money with the postage. We are now heading towards the £80 mark with 49 users. If only we Could double the users then we would start making serious money for the club.

#68 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:50 PM

With this search engine thing... is it a combined effort or singular? cause it says ive raised £5 for Fev

Cummins Out.

#69 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:14 PM

its both , your total raised shows on the tool bar and the total raised by everyone in your group shown also. Ensure you down load tool bar then No chance of missing a donation. Searches with Google also show up the companies that will donate to your cause even ones that are not on the easyfundraising.org site

#70 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:38 AM

Just tried the buying stuff on-line part of easy fundraising, bought some show tickets from SeatWave via easy fundraising and generated £3.15 for the Rovers!

I hope no one minds, but I've taken the liberty of posting a link to the sign up page on Fev's facebook group

#71 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 04:42 AM

53 users now and we have raised £82. The money raised is rising faster now more have joined up, if only we Could get a few hundred users then the money would be rolling in.

#72 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 07:56 PM

If youre on twitter, go on the stats and share it on there... more exposure

Cummins Out.

#73 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:56 PM

We have finally broken the 3 figure mark. £103.40 with 59 users.

Lets keep it growing :biggrin:

#74 Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor
  • Coach
  • 7,726 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:33 PM

Beat me too it Bill!

Tremendous effort so far folks, lets stick at it, especially with it being the run up for Christmas.
2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

#75 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 05:38 PM

It would be great if the easyfundraising information Could be added on the Fev Rovers weekly newsletter email. Asked for this before but nothing yet.

We need to get it done before everyone does their Christmas shopping.

#76 Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor
  • Coach
  • 7,726 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 05:57 PM

Mr Westwood, could you arrange for this to be sorted in the next newsletter?

#77 PJT

PJT
  • Coach
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 08:57 AM

If somebody can email me with exactly what you want putting on the newsletter about this great fundraising idea, I will make sure it goes out a few times before Christmas.

paul.taylor@featherstonerovers.net

Cheers

#78 Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor
  • Coach
  • 7,726 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:29 PM

Thanks Paul!

#79 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:21 PM

The advert at the top or the forum for parcel2 go is one of the companies that donate so ensure you go through the easyfundraising site. They pick up your parcel for you and then deliver it. I found them £20 cheaper than royal mail/parcelforce and they donated £4 also.

#80 Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor
  • Coach
  • 7,726 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:42 AM

Quick Update:
Total Raised - £111.30
This Quarter - £59.45

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users