Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Ideas to raise cash for fev

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#81 leather

leather
  • Coach
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:35 PM

Quick Update:
Total Raised - £111.30
This Quarter - £59.45

speaking ov raising money well done chappy on hitting 20 years as a player takes some doing that well done lad been granted 12 mounth benifit !!

#82 Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor
  • Coach
  • 7,726 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:11 PM

Nov 1st Update:
Total Raised - £111.30
This Quarter - £59.45

Nov 9th Update:
Total Raised - £132.60
This Quarter - £80.74
2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

#83 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:18 PM

Just ordered a payg phone from Phones4U and raised £3.25 :biggrin:

Simple, free idea that just keeps on giving. Everyone try and remember it when doing your Christmas shopping. :wink:
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#84 PJT

PJT
  • Coach
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:24 PM

If somebody can send me the exact info that needs putting in the e-newsletter I will make sure its in the next one.

Cheers

#85 Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor
  • Coach
  • 7,726 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:03 PM

Will do now, forgot to send it last week.

#86 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:10 AM

Quick Update

Tues 6th Dec.

We now can see the money raising at a quicker rate now we have more members doing their shopping, 70 so far raising a fantastic £189.75 :biggrin: :biggrin:
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#87 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:51 PM

Just renewed my motorbike insurance through Bennetts via easyfundraising and was quoted for comprehensive insurance for the price of third party so they must have a huge sales drive on at the moment and they donate upto £10 to Fev.

I must warn everyone that some companies charge more for quotes through easyfundraising which pays for their donation but the MAJORITY dont so be careful. I have found that the bigger the company and more reputable i.e Amazon, Ebay and now Bennetts the better quote and donation they give.

Donations today stand at £194 and thats without the above donation
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#88 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:33 PM

Out of curiosity, how much did you pay? :blink:

Just wondering if I can get mine any cheaper, currently paying £100 fully comp with full breakdown cover chucked in.

Not bad bearing in mind its heavily modified. :wink:
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#89 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:40 PM

i paid £150 which I thought was excellent and the cheapest I have paid for fully comp

#90 Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor
  • Coach
  • 7,726 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:27 PM

14th December Update:
Total Raised - £222.81
This Quarter - £171.15

Edited by Chris Taylor, 14 December 2011 - 10:28 PM.

#91 Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor
  • Coach
  • 7,726 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:29 PM

21st December Update:
Total Raised - £234.08
This Quarter - £182.42

Edited by Chris Taylor, 21 December 2011 - 01:30 PM.

#92 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:33 PM

Still only 72 users , Could we possibly arrange for sheets with the website details to be handed out to everyone over the xmas period or put them on the bar and tables

If we Could double the users then we would double the amount of free money raised.

#93 dropdeadfred

dropdeadfred
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:17 PM

Why not hand them out with each new shirt on Thursday at the launch

#94 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:35 PM

Why not hand them out with each new shirt on Thursday at the launch

Here's a new idea for you to consider. Get supporters to make a will and /or pay for their funerals early.
I could do the outlines and have then transferred into legal language. We could charge below the market and make the Rovers a bob or to. About 70% of the population haven't made a will so there is a market.
Paying for you funeral up front might seem macabre. I have done it on the following reasoning. When Mum and Dad died a funeral cost about £300. Now it is around £3000. If you pay for it now you are in effect getting a 5% return for your money (inflation rate). In 10 years time you could be paying £10K for a funeral. So I could take names and come to some arrangement with a funeral director for an introductory payment. Just food for thought. Full of ideas. I could make this one work.

#95 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:33 AM

Here's a new idea for you to consider. Get supporters to make a will and /or pay for their funerals early.
I could do the outlines and have then transferred into legal language. We could charge below the market and make the Rovers a bob or to. About 70% of the population haven't made a will so there is a market.
Paying for you funeral up front might seem macabre. I have done it on the following reasoning. When Mum and Dad died a funeral cost about £300. Now it is around £3000. If you pay for it now you are in effect getting a 5% return for your money (inflation rate). In 10 years time you could be paying £10K for a funeral. So I could take names and come to some arrangement with a funeral director for an introductory payment. Just food for thought. Full of ideas. I could make this one work.

:blink:

Edited by Matt J, 30 December 2011 - 02:33 AM.

Cummins Out.

#96 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:03 AM

Easyfundraising has just emailed out that for the period of October to December they have just sent a cheque for £199.90. Last time I looked we still only have 72 users so Thats some achievement , but it would be great if we Could get more involved.

#97 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:07 PM

Easyfundraising has just emailed out that for the period of October to December they have just sent a cheque for £199.90. Last time I looked we still only have 72 users so Thats some achievement , but it would be great if we Could get more involved.

Veronica at the club has asked if someone could post a step by step guide not only how to sign up but use it once you have done. I haven't gone through the thread so if there is already one i apologise.

#98 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:15 PM

Now raised £266.60 with 72 users

There is lots of information on this thread of things to watch out for when using the thread to ensure it runs smoothly and you dont miss any donations but I will try to explain it all together.

Go to www.easyfundraising.org.uk

register yourself with your email address and a password

Log in with your password and register your "cause" which is Featherstone Rovers

Download the "toolbar" and this will then remind you or show companies in a google/avg search that contribute to your cause, plus it will show how much you have raised and how much that has been totally raised by all.

Use the search box to search a retailer or for something your looking for e.g insurance, ebay and it will show you which companies donate what percentage and what offers are available.

More information below directly from the site-:

Firstly, register for free and tell us which cause you want to support - you can either support a cause that we already work with or register a new cause. Either way, it's completely free.
When you've registered, you're ready to shop and raise money! Simply click on the retailer you want, then shop as you would normally. When you make a purchase, we'll send you an email telling you how much you've raised and pass the donation to your cause.
That's it! We tried to think of step 3, but we couldn't - it's just that easy.

We'd love to have you on board so register now and starting raising funds today.

Raise 0.5p for Featherstone Rovers RLFC with every internet search. Give it a quick try by visiting Featherstone Rovers RLFC easysearch homepage.
http://featherstoner...ysearch.org.uk/

When you get used to using the site you can "share" your donations via twitter and facebook and also there is a set letter so you can email your friends and family with all the information also.

You will also receive emails off the site with money off vouchers and special sale items/sites to obviously persuade you to spend but I have found them very helpful to save money so its definately not a problem.

As mentioned earlier in the thread if you register on the Groupon site via easyfundraising you raise 50p straight away and you will start receiving special offers via email from local and national companies.

Good luck and lets get more involved and keep handing the leaflets out in the club shop and office

#99 Birchy

Birchy
  • Coach
  • 818 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:42 PM

How about opening the clubhouse when cas play so fev fans can support the opposing team? This may be done already, but I thought it could raise some beer money?

UP THE ROVERS!

#100 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:29 PM

I have copied Phil Stones post from the club shop thread just in case anybody else like myself that has not heard of this idea. I have loads of CDs and DVDs that will never get used and also threw out at least 50 last week that the club could have had

Help required,

As you might be aware we are collecting unwanted CD's,DVD's and computer games to send to Music Magpie to raise funds for the club. What we would like to do before we return them is to see if we can sell some at one of our home matches. The idea is to set up a stall outside and see if we can shift them with the money going directly to the club. We feel that we would make more money than we will get if we send them all back and whatever is left over can then be returned.
If someone could spare some time to run the stall at a home game it would be appreciated.
If you can help just drop me a reply and we can arrange a match.
I reckon there are nearly 100 cd's to shift so we are good to go as early as the Batley match
Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users