TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

New Kindle...

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,448 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:41 AM

I got bought a Kindle Paperwhite for my birthday to replace my old second generation one. Superb little gadget. The backlight is excellent for reading in the dark and you do not require a reading light and the battery lasts for ages. Just two charges since I got it in April.

Fides invicta triumphat

#42 D9000

D9000
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:07 PM

Resurrecting this old thread, I bought a Kindle Fire HD yesterday. Very pleased with it, and have loaded about fifty interesting and entertaining titles at a cost of £0.00, plus the complete H.Rider Haggard for just £1.97 - gotta like them numbers!

I got one recently, as a replacement for the original Kindle which had a bit of an accident. (OK, I lost it). Mostly very impressed with it both as an e-reader and a tablet. Downsides: doesn't do Internet on 3G/EDGE etc. like the old Kindle did. Wi-fi only. Other downside: doesn't allow books to be organised into collections or series, or indeed anything. I have a lot of books, and I'd really like to group them somehow, to make searching easier. 

EDIT: Oh, and apps can only be downloaded easily from the Amazon appstore, which is a bit limited. You can get apps on from elsewhere, but it's a bit of a faff.

Edited by D9000, 23 July 2013 - 01:08 PM.

#43 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:33 AM

I got a Kindle for my birthday this year, I think it's excellent, currently reading The Sugar Barons, about the Slave trade in the West Indies and which families got rich (and lost a lot of it too) over it.

Now I'm reading The Norman Conquest by Marc Morris

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users