Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

New Kindle...

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,693 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:41 AM

I got bought a Kindle Paperwhite for my birthday to replace my old second generation one. Superb little gadget. The backlight is excellent for reading in the dark and you do not require a reading light and the battery lasts for ages. Just two charges since I got it in April.

Fides invicta triumphat

#42 D9000

D9000
  • Coach
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:07 PM

Resurrecting this old thread, I bought a Kindle Fire HD yesterday. Very pleased with it, and have loaded about fifty interesting and entertaining titles at a cost of £0.00, plus the complete H.Rider Haggard for just £1.97 - gotta like them numbers!

I got one recently, as a replacement for the original Kindle which had a bit of an accident. (OK, I lost it). Mostly very impressed with it both as an e-reader and a tablet. Downsides: doesn't do Internet on 3G/EDGE etc. like the old Kindle did. Wi-fi only. Other downside: doesn't allow books to be organised into collections or series, or indeed anything. I have a lot of books, and I'd really like to group them somehow, to make searching easier. 

EDIT: Oh, and apps can only be downloaded easily from the Amazon appstore, which is a bit limited. You can get apps on from elsewhere, but it's a bit of a faff.

Edited by D9000, 23 July 2013 - 01:08 PM.

#43 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:33 AM

I got a Kindle for my birthday this year, I think it's excellent, currently reading The Sugar Barons, about the Slave trade in the West Indies and which families got rich (and lost a lot of it too) over it.

Now I'm reading The Norman Conquest by Marc Morris

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users