TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Geoff Crewdson page 11 League Weekly

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 04:37 PM

Nice picture of Geoff at the Keighley re-union, anyone remember Geoff playing for us at the Greyhound Stadium?Was a great prop forward who held our pack together for a couple of seasons when we were known as New Hunslet, a very hard player to stop near the line esp when Alan Maskill used to give him a short ball from which Geoff used to get over the line.
Posted Image

#2 Eagletarian

Eagletarian
  • Coach
  • 4,595 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:25 PM

Geoff was my hero when he played for the Lawkholmers.....I used to go down to Marley Running Track to watch the team train. One night we decided to get his autograph but the only paper we could find was in the toilet. We presented Geoff with the toilet paper and a pencil stub and asked him to sign it, he did but his words still ring in my ears. "This is how much our fans think of us, they give us shitehouse paper to sign".
Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

Posted Image

#3 1cedtea

1cedtea
  • Players
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:21 AM

Hi, do you know where I can find this picture? I know this was posted ages ago but i am trying to find some things for my Granddad to remember his rugby days. Any help would be appreciated :).

#4 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:30 AM

Id write to the editor at the League weekly mate, would be great to see Geoff if he came down to the game later today, a wonderful character
Posted Image

#5 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:20 AM

I remember the clubs physio (Duncan Ward) down at the Greyhound Stadium telling me he had to use more strapping on Geoff just to hold him together than all the other players in the team.

#6 Rach

Rach
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:03 AM

David

Hi, do you know where I can find this picture? I know this was posted ages ago but i am trying to find some things for my Granddad to remember his rugby days. Any help would be appreciated :).

David Kirkley from the Past players association at Keighley is your man , if your at the game today I'm time keeping for Keighley , nip and see me and I'll give you his contact details

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users