TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

New Kit

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
68 replies to this topic

#41 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:24 PM

Sounds like a who's who of grumpy old men! :lol:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#42 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:53 PM

I was on the Sharlston bus and stood with Terry at the game. We went for our tea in a Lyons' Corner House. If I remember right Vic was a tall lad with ginger hair. Phil Loxton was there as well

4 Finals i had the pleasure to witness 1962 1967 1968 1973 3 Sharlston Lance Todd Trophy winners Neil Fox Carl Dooler the great Don Fox and the other Steve Nash great days in my rugby league life and the other was when our Grimmer signed for the Rovers Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by suzzy, 29 October 2011 - 01:55 PM.

chappy

#43 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:08 PM

Ha, I have no say in the kit design apart from the sponsors going on!

I like the home design actually, looks good. Just need to make the PROBIZ logo a bit larger Matt. Also there is another new sponsor going on the same sleeve as CPM.

Not sure on the one with the crest though :unsure:

Tough job choosing kit designs as everyone as their own opinion!

I know, I did that one to be the ugliest shirt ever seen... can't believe the reception :laugh:

Anyway, more midnight boredom...

Posted Image

Cummins Out.

#44 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,638 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:14 PM

I know, I did that one to be the ugliest shirt ever seen... can't believe the reception :laugh:

Anyway, more midnight boredom...

Posted Image

loved the others

not so struck on this
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#45 lorne mosley.

lorne mosley.
  • Coach
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:16 PM

still love the crest one best, sat ere wi a cuppa with it on mug

#46 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:17 PM

Getting closer Matt :wink:
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#47 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,638 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:19 PM

a pedant writes

it isn't a crest: it's a coat of arms.
the crest is the decoration on top of the sheild including the helm and so on.

I'm sorry Lorne but I just can't stop myself :wacko:
Keeping it local

#48 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:28 PM

:biggrin: Brilliant!

Cummins Out.

#49 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:30 PM

I was on the Sharlston bus and stood with Terry at the game. We went for our tea in a Lyons' Corner House. If I remember right Vic was a tall lad with ginger hair. Phil Loxton was there as well

Chris I've just realised who you are; Yes you are correct and it cost me six shillings for egg bacon and beans cos I went on about it for weeks how expensive London was; I was sat with Roger Chalkley on the bus;

#50 lorne mosley.

lorne mosley.
  • Coach
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:51 PM

a pedant writes

it isn't a crest: it's a coat of arms.
the crest is the decoration on top of the sheild including the helm and so on.

I'm sorry Lorne but I just can't stop myself :wacko:

so this isn't crested ware then ? and where the hell did this coat of arms come from ?

Attached File  photo-(2).jpg   39.31KB   46 downloads

#51 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,638 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:54 PM

Chris I've just realised who you are; Yes you are correct and it cost me six shillings for egg bacon and beans cos I went on about it for weeks how expensive London was; I was sat with Roger Chalkley on the bus;

I had to get to Sharlston on the pit bus.

I was all kitted out in blue and white. I got as few mucky lucks from blokes who were going to spend the day in the bowels of the earth and couldn't go to the game themselves.
Keeping it local

#52 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:55 PM

:biggrin: Brilliant!

Daft as it might sound, me and our pogs like that one with the crest on best. I so wish wed go for one like that for just one season. Brill Matt.
Glad to see that student loan being put to excellent use! :lol:

#53 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,638 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:01 PM

so this isn't crested ware then ? and where the hell did this coat of arms come from ?

Attached File  photo-(2).jpg   39.31KB   46 downloads

the word crest is used in other contexts. That's a very interesting object, tell me more.

On a coat of arms you have a shield, the field of the shield is the way the design is laid out. On top of that you have the helm, on top of that is the crest-fevs consists of the prince wales feathers and those arrows. Draped from the hem are if I remember rightly vestments. The ones on Rovers COA are 'slashed', all that wavy stuff. It means that the bearer of the arms has been battles. At the side of the shield are the supporters-Lions rampant in this case, then at the bottom is the motto.

the design on the field represents agriculture, coal mining, the three ridings of yorkshire. I'm not sure about the lion-it could be something to do with the lord of thre manor-lord St Oswald or something like that.

there serves you right :biggrin:

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso, 29 October 2011 - 05:02 PM.

Keeping it local

#54 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:03 PM

I had to get to Sharlston on the pit bus.

I was all kitted out in blue and white. I got as few mucky lucks from blokes who were going to spend the day in the bowels of the earth and couldn't go to the game themselves.

Yes I think the bus set off about 6 for a trip down the A1; I had some new trousers on that were itching my legs like mad; I was uncomfortable all day long.......Apologise for hi jacking this post, won't reminisce any more;

#55 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,638 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:28 PM

Yes I think the bus set off about 6 for a trip down the A1; I had some new trousers on that were itching my legs like mad; I was uncomfortable all day long.......Apologise for hi jacking this post, won't reminisce any more;

go for it Phil, threy were happy days. I can even remember the jacket you wore-it was a brown one.
Keeping it local

#56 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:31 PM

Reminisce Phil. I love this "living history" stuff from a different era. Tales of all things rovers from a time when the world looked a different place I find fascinating!
I was only 6 in 67 when we won the cup so tales of the day make happy reading.

#57 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,638 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:45 PM

Reminisce Phil. I love this "living history" stuff from a different era. Tales of all things rovers from a time when the world looked a different place I find fascinating!
I was only 6 in 67 when we won the cup so tales of the day make happy reading.

Phil was very fond of bryclreem at the time. He had a little sub shaking stephens quiff
we used to go to games in Terry Mullaney's pale green ford anglia. You could buy corned beef sandwiches at Clarence Street.
Keeping it local

#58 lorne mosley.

lorne mosley.
  • Coach
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:19 PM

believe it or not, bought it in south shields .... and paid a hell of a lot of money for it, ponte piece took me years to buy as i never expected a featherstone one to have ever been made

#59 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:20 PM

Phil was very fond of bryclreem at the time. He had a little sub shaking stephens quiff
we used to go to games in Terry Mullaney's pale green ford anglia. You could buy corned beef sandwiches at Clarence Street.

And half a bottle of bellair to keep it in place lol;....The quiff not the Anglia;

#60 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,638 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:13 PM

believe it or not, bought it in south shields .... and paid a hell of a lot of money for it, ponte piece took me years to buy as i never expected a featherstone one to have ever been made

lorne, what actually is it? When does it date from?
Keeping it local