Stobart sponsorship deal & truck spotting

saw two Stobart trucks on the Liverpool/Manchester section of the M62 4-2-2012.One was Eorl Crabtree the other one was a Salford player did not recognise him tho.I was front seat passenger.Even so it would be difficult to take photos as they/we pass at speed but Crabtree was one.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear the Catalan Dragons are sending their Stobart branded trucks around Huddersfield in the hope to capture some of the fanatical support in the area.

Instead of support your local team on the back it reads "pretend your from Perpignan" .

I hear the Catalan Dragons are sending their Stobart branded trucks around Huddersfield in the hope to capture some of the fanatical support in the area.

Instead of support your local team on the back it reads "pretend your from Perpignan" .

I heard the back of Bradfords truck says "Come watch a Non Super League strength team in a Non Super League Standard Stadium" :ph34r:

@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

I heard the back of Bradfords truck says "Come watch a Non Super League strength team in a Non Super League Standard Stadium" :ph34r:

Where are the Halifax Stobart trucks being routed? :wink:

Where are the Halifax Stobart trucks being routed? :wink:

Wooooooah Don't shoot the messenger, that's just what I heard off a guy who has a friend who plays the Wigan Warriors Mascot. :unsure:

And besides, our League isn't sponsored by trucks, it's sponsored by a chain of shops selling things at stupid prices.

@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

it's sponsored by a chain of shops selling things at stupid prices.

Tell me about it.

I went in my local Cooperative last night to be greeted with the most outrageous offer I've ever seen - Two 12" pizzas for £6 when individually they cost £2.49.

as i posted on my post as Donny Saint i would imagine it would be hard to get photo's of them lorries as they would be going at speed as well as you/us in our vehicles.I was front passenger in our car near Ferrybridge.I think the only way to spot one of them lorries would be the rear view of one on the move. On the way to the M62 but it was the normal livery but that took some doing.I think we need to be in an service area to spot the odd one on spec.As said i saw two on the M62 Liverpool/Manchester section Eorl Crabtree & Stephen Wilde on the side never saw the back of course.No way could anyone photo them.

Yeah you'll be landing some real blows on Paris after the Catalans wiped the floor with your team today. I bet he's gutted.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Saw my first one today, on the M25 near Heathrow, Cas tigers

I wonder if thats on an agreed route with Castleford or one thats never likely to see Castleford!

Driven a smidge over 500 miles this week, mainly motorway and only seen one Stobart lorry and that was pulling a Tesco trailer, I fear I may have bought to much into how often you pass one sold in the marketing speal of the sponsorship deal - glad I'm not a spotter would be heavy going ticking off that list!

was on my way dow to Bristol on Friday, from London and saw three lorries in the space of five mins. but all standard Stobart trucks. only saw one on the way back from Briz yesterday, which was the Cas Lorry.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

I saw 22 Stobart lorries on a 150 mile stretch of the A1 on Friday but no SL ones.

Saw about 2 yesterday on the way back, but I could have driven past loads and not seen them through all that fog

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

The M62 / M18 / A1 / M1 'triangle' has a lot of Stobarts on it due to the fact they are Tesco's transport partner (for now). As they are only wrapping the hard side temp control trailers for s/l then the doncaster area may be your best chance as that is where the chill warehouse is!

Just an idea.

The weak conform, the strong survive.

I saw two on Friday, M62 West Bound nr Birchwood (Warrington). I was going opposite way so didnt get pic or even which club it was. That was mid-morning. Then saw another around 4.30 on M60 at the Prestwich junction - that was promoting Hull FC.`

In Bury or North Manchester? Interested in Rugby League? Check out the Rugby League in Bury web-site: http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/burybroncos/

The M62 / M18 / A1 / M1 'triangle' has a lot of Stobarts on it due to the fact they are Tesco's transport partner (for now). As they are only wrapping the hard side temp control trailers for s/l then the doncaster area may be your best chance as that is where the chill warehouse is!

Just an idea.

This will be a hot spot area just like Middleton nr Manchester

But these vehicles go all over the country delivering, some through the night down to London regions and back up north early morning

The main issue at present is Stobart can only do the livery on 5 a week, so we're a few months off before all 100 trailers are on the road

Archived