Stobart sponsorship deal & truck spotting

• Please log in to reply
383 replies to this topic

#361 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

Presumably Stobarts won't rush out and rebrand all their $uperleague trailers at pointless cost so I dare say sightings will continue for some time yet.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#362 brooza

brooza
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

Presumably Stobarts won't rush out and rebrand all their $uperleague trailers at pointless cost so I dare say sightings will continue for some time yet.

The Stobart TV programme said it cost £4k do brand each vehicle, so I reckon you'd be right
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#363 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

Glad this post has resurfaced.

I finally saw my first one today, on the A638 near South Elmsall. Widnes livery.

#364 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 507 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

Can't we keep stobart as official truck sponsor of SL, I love stobbie spotting !

#365 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

I spotted one today advertising flights to Malaga.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#366 Cumbrian Fanatic

Cumbrian Fanatic
  • Coach
  • 657 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

Just spotted a truck on a round-a-bout on the A78 when coming to work, only got a glimpse of it as I was turning off but the rear doors of the trailer were advertising the Magic Weekend, not sure if it was for last year or this but assuming it's for this year I would have thought this was better advertising for us i.e. advertising an event that people can buy tickets for rather than the game in general. Would be good to see the Challenge Cup Final, Grand Final and World Cup advertised this way
100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

#367 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

So this thread is going to be here for a while too.....ZZZZzzz :huh:
No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#368 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,160 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

Only if people keep posting...

I drove along side the "Captains" one last week.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#369 brooza

brooza
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

Don't complain, we're still getting the advertising and don't even have to have a main sponsor!
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

#370 GezH

GezH
  • Players
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

Not seen one for months then we saw a Hull FC one on the M621 the way home from Headingley on friday
Continuing to fly the RL flag and introduce more and more folk to the greatest game in North Lincs
Posted Image

#371 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:17 AM

Don't complain, we're still getting the advertising and don't even have to have a main sponsor!

Yeah, maybe we should be fair and still call it the Stobart SL for a couple of years, whilst sort of, slowly but surely, fading out the printed name over time?
No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#372 PC

PC
  • Coach
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

I saw the Widnes one on the A19 just south of Middlesbrough on Sunday, and the Leeds one has just gone past the office here in Newton Aycliffe. They're still out there.

#373 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,597 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

I saw both the Widnes one and the Leeds one on the A1 on Sunday.
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#374 Steve May

Steve May
  • Coach
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

I saw six in one journey the other week. Down in the Cambridge area on the way to Ipswich.

That's me.  I'm done.

#375 Cumbrian Fanatic

Cumbrian Fanatic
  • Coach
  • 657 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

Saw 3 in about 10 minutes on the M74 today
100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

#376 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,842 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

Don't think I ever logged my sighting of a toy one in the main toy shop in the centre of Buxton at Christmas.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#377 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,160 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

Don't think I ever logged my sighting of a toy one in the main toy shop in the centre of Buxton at Christmas.

Better late than never.

Come, join us.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#378 indomitable

indomitable
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

Last year I must have achieved my highest ammount of driving on the motorways and yet I have never seen a Stobart's lorry with a rugby league motif. Would have been easier to have had a sign by each motorway advertising Super League.Afriend of mine is a coach driver in S Wales doing regular holiday tours and has yet to see a rugby decorated Stobart lorry, made me resolve never again to look out for one.

#379 brooza

brooza
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

Last year I must have achieved my highest ammount of driving on the motorways and yet I have never seen a Stobart's lorry with a rugby league motif. Would have been easier to have had a sign by each motorway advertising Super League.Afriend of mine is a coach driver in S Wales doing regular holiday tours and has yet to see a rugby decorated Stobart lorry, made me resolve never again to look out for one.

I did my lowest amount of motorway driving last year and saw loads of them! Saw another one on Friday afternoon too.

Luck of the draw, I guess

#380 brooza

brooza
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

Saw a Sam Tomkins lorry on the M25 last night under the river Thames.

Edited by brooza, 28 March 2013 - 12:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users