Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Stobart sponsorship deal & truck spotting

• Please log in to reply
383 replies to this topic

#121 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,185 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

I'd expect them to at least have Superleague coloured flashing lights, and be ramming other sports related freight carrying transport off the road and gain Superleague motorway dominance that we deserve.

Get with the program dude. OMG

:biggrin:

#122 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 625 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:40 AM

Saw my second one yesterday stuck in traffic leaving Bristol on M32. Player in red scoring a try, couldn't work out who it was. Previous one was 2 weeks back on M5 near Shroud, London Broncos one.

#123 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:14 PM

Wigan again on the M1 as I was going to Sheffield this afternoon, but this was not long after the M62 junction. Northbound.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#124 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,211 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:13 AM

Still haven't seen one.Last week I went to Sheffield, Leeds/Bradford, Blackburn, Stockport and Scarborough. Saw plenty of Stobart trucks, but not one with any reference to RL on it.

"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#125 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,305 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:59 AM

I have looked outside my window for literally minutes at a time and never seen one.

Heads must roll at Red Hall for this farce.

It's an outrage.

Etc etc.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#126 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:55 PM

Hull FC. M62 between j28 and j27 heading west. Us east. 11.30am-ish

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#127 stimpo-and-kat

stimpo-and-kat
  • Coach
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:34 PM

Saw one between J15 and 16 northbound on Friday afternoon. Catalan dragons

Edited by stimpo-and-kat, 26 February 2012 - 09:34 PM.

#128 Jonty

Jonty
  • Coach
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:46 PM

Saw my first today - overtook a Huddersfield one on the M60 between the Eccles and Swinton interchanges.
disques vogue

The club where Eurovision isn't a dirty word. A waltz through the leopard skin lined world of Tom Jones, Bert Kampfert and Burt Bacharach. Step out to the sound of the happy hammond and swing to the seductive sounds of the samba.

DJ's, raffles, cocktails and wide collars. Please dress smart. Gentlemen might like to wear a suit.

Same price. Same music. Same rubbish prizes.

#129 Gerri Monside

Gerri Monside
  • Coach
  • 320 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:47 PM

Spotted three on the way down to Essex yesterday: Warrington, Wigan & Widnes at Stafford, Coventry and Luton respectively. Overtook the Broncos at Knutsford on the way home this aft.

It's an easy kick for the lad but, as we say in Rugby League, there's no easy kicks.

@IanLancaster65

#130 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:13 AM

Minutes after 6.30am this morning, just before Birch services j18 M62, Bradford lorry. Hat-trick of sightings. Just after Birch services less than a minute later, Salford lorry. 3-4 minutes after that still on the M62, Widnes lorry. All were heading east on the opposite carraige way.

A bumper day so far. At least Bradford have gone top of one league this year.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#131 The Bobster

The Bobster
  • Coach
  • 463 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:53 AM

First today A580 west bound, near Haydock.

Posted Image

#132 Ex-Kirkholt

Ex-Kirkholt
  • Coach
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:23 AM

Saw the Wigan one going west on the M60 near Prestwich yesterday @ 4-30pm.

Traffic was moving very slowly so go a good view - looked good.
Looks like it wer' organised by't Pennine League

#133 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:37 AM

I travel thirty miles a day between Brussels and Leuven (by train) and have not yet seen a single one. A farce and proves the RFL should have taken the Betfair money on offer.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#134 scrape_goose

scrape_goose
  • Coach
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:50 AM

I travel thirty miles a day between Brussels and Leuven (by train) and have not yet seen a single one. A farce and proves the RFL should have taken the Betfair money on offer.

I used to drive from The Hague to Brussels everyday in 2002 and in 9 months of doing that I never saw one either. Farce isn't the word.

#135 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,305 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:19 PM

Saw my first today - overtook a Huddersfield one on the M60 between the Eccles and Swinton interchanges.

This shows that these lorries are being driven deliberately slowly to put Super League in a bad light.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#136 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:52 PM

This shows that these lorries are being driven deliberately slowly to put Super League in a bad light.

They've clearly overcompensated in response to accusations that the lorries were going the wrong way before. Typical Red Hall farce.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#137 Steve May

Steve May
  • Coach
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:59 PM

Saw my first one on Friday. It was a Catalans one, on the M4 just by J17 at Chippenham.

I saw the Catalans one again on the M4 this lunchtime.

From this I conclude that there is only one of these trucks, it's a Catalans one, it's parked up on the M4 near Chippenham, and the game is dying.

Typical Red Hall farce.

That's me.  I'm done.

#138 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:22 AM

Warrington have joined the club. 6.30am this morning approaching the bottom of Windy Hill.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#139 Ex-Kirkholt

Ex-Kirkholt
  • Coach
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:39 AM

Saw the Salford truck (Stephen Wild) going west on the M62 near Birch Services yesterday around 4:30pm.
Looks like it wer' organised by't Pennine League

#140 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,185 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:24 PM

Yes it is a farce this deal is a farce its a get out of jail card by the RFL and as for the rubbish of freeing up other sponsorships the space has already been sold to Elonex who will somehow have to make a profit.

Anyway the real test will come when the RFL have to find a new CC sponsor i would further point out that the 2 persons in the RFL marketing dept who brokered this deal have since left.

What space has been sold to Elonex? As far as I'm aware that is a standard advertising board deal which is pretty normal and we have had in the past (just without electronic boards).

Are Elonex now the Official Drink of Sl?

Are Elonex also known as Heinz and now an associate sponsor including shirt sleeves?

We have seen this weekend that the post pads and corner flags etc are not Stobart branded. Now these may be getting branded, but I suspect that they are now for sale.

In the NRL there are loads of sponsors, and the pitch and accessories are not simply covered in Telstra branding, like we were with engage.