Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

MotoGP season starts!

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,755 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:16 PM

Valentino Rossi returns to Yamaha on a 2 year deal. Pretty much guarantees that Cal will be wrestling with the Ducati next season.

Well, I was wrong about Cal. He's staying at Tech3 Yamaha, and will be joined by fellow Brit Bradley Smith. :) Dovi's off to ride the career-killer instead.

Carnage yesterday at Misano, riders falling off left, right and centre, including Dani Pedrosa, which was a shame (and not his fault).

Edited by Futtocks, 17 September 2012 - 01:17 PM.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#22 Shadow

Shadow
  • Coach
  • 7,956 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:20 PM

Ben Spies to Ducati apparently
God Rides a Harley but the Devil rides a Ducati!

#23 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,618 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:22 PM

he got hit from behind and I have to say, was quite restrained in his reaction.
As a slightly linked aside, I was next to John Guinness on Saturday at Grantham Honda - he looked quite uncomfortable as fans made him hold a number of babies - not all at once, you understand - whilst they had their photos taken with him. :o

and as another even less relevent aside see http://chippiesforbi....blogspot.co.uk

Edited by JohnM, 17 September 2012 - 01:24 PM.

#24 BD92

BD92
  • Coach
  • 7,938 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:05 PM

It's a bit harsh to call the Ducati a career killer Futtocks me old mate. Maybe a bit of an ego bruiser. Might suit Dovi cause he's another little un who can ride problems aint he ?
And so the future begins.....

#25 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:00 PM

Great to see the Sic bike on the podium plus Vale on there in his home GP.

Thought Jonny Rea did really well on debut, hope he gets a ride next year. I will have to learn not to hear Dexy's singing everytime I hear his name though

#26 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:47 AM

Great to see a British rider on the top of the podium yesterday !

Well done to Danny Kent.

Some great rides as well in the other races.

#27 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,755 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:11 PM

Great to see a British rider on the top of the podium yesterday !

Well done to Danny Kent.

Some great rides as well in the other races.

Good racing in all three classes. Marquez failing to start properly, then carving his way through the field was some seriously good riding.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#28 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,755 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:23 AM

Cloudburst-based mayhem at Sepang for the MotoGP. I don't normally like the circuit, but this year, with homegrown heroes doing well in the Moto 2 and Moto3 races, the place finally acquired a bit of atmosphere.

The noise was incredible, with Zulfahmi Khairuddin becoming the first Malaysian rider to get a podium finish, in the Moto3 race. Teenager Hafizh Syahrin led the Moto2 race for a while, before fading to 4th.

Sandro Cortese was celebrating his Moto3 World Championship, but all you could hear was thousands of berserk fans roaring "FAH-MI! FAH-MI! FAH-MI!" Great stuff. :)

#29 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

Where's Maverick gone? Watching on Eurosports they weere very careful not to say too much apart from he had gone home.

#30 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,755 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:23 PM

"Since halfway through the season, they [the team] haven't done all they could, I'm always giving my best - so I wanted to leave the team after the last three races [of the year] and have a clean break-up, but they wouldn't agree so I'm heading home today," the official MotoGP website quotes Vinales as saying.

Despite signing the contract extension until the end of 2014, Vinales claimed that Avintia is "a second division team", adding: "I have to try and win the championship next year and I don't think I could do it with this team, so that's why I took this decision."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users