The ref for saturday is

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 Michael Bates

Michael Bates
  • Coach
  • 187 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:58 PM

Yes it was Thaler from the Catalans game. Was it not also Thaler that gave a drop out when it should have been a 20 metre restart giving them the game when Cas beat us in one of the home games when they were in the championship last time too?

#22 Paul Gibbins

Paul Gibbins
  • Coach
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:04 PM

I remember Terry Mullaney posting a still image of the Catalans "try" that wasn't. He may still have it
PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling
Plastering

Bathroom fitting
Fencing
Guttering

Insurance work
Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

#23 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:16 PM

I think everybody remembers that picture Paul.

Thats the one with the little weasal with the whistle stood right next to it with a clear view, staring right at it, not blinking, not casually glancing the other way, not obstructed, just STARING RIGHT AT THE BALL ON THE LINE. :angry2: :angry2:

You know the one <_<
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#24 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,266 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

Edited by Robin Evans, 10 April 2012 - 04:44 PM.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#25 Paul Gibbins

Paul Gibbins
  • Coach
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

I think everybody remembers that picture Paul.

Thats the one with the little weasal with the whistle stood right next to it with a clear view, staring right at it, not blinking, not casually glancing the other way, not obstructed, just STARING RIGHT AT THE BALL ON THE LINE. :angry2: :angry2:

You know the one <_<

thats the fella, i saved it to my PC so i could show everyone how we were robbed but got over it after 5 years and deleted it the other week
PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling
Plastering

Bathroom fitting
Fencing
Guttering

Insurance work
Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

#26 FEV-KT87

FEV-KT87
  • Coach
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

Does anyone still have an image of the saxton "TRY"?
YOU CANT CRUSH PRIDE!!!!

A season dedicated to Gareth John Swift

League winners 2010

#27 Paulie

Paulie
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:46 PM

All the chat and photos from that Catalans match is still on this forum, page 104, still makes the blood boil.

#28 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:15 PM

Debating whether to turn up or not.

Club has the money as I bought a ticket, but if its a ticket to The Bent Haler Show I doubt I'll be using it.

Refs this season have been terrible when it comes to us, but this tool will take it to another level (as he's ably shown in the past).

Plus theres the rumours about what he said about us before.

Think ill go watch Pontefract Collieries.

Cummins Out.

#29 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:29 PM

To be honest whoever the ref was they would get a public flogging on here in all honesty

#30 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

I daren't post what I heard post match 20/4/08, by certain parties, but it never leaves me.

#31 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:24 PM

Debating whether to turn up or not.

Club has the money as I bought a ticket, but if its a ticket to The Bent Haler Show I doubt I'll be using it.

Refs this season have been terrible when it comes to us, but this tool will take it to another level (as he's ably shown in the past).

Plus theres the rumours about what he said about us before.

Think ill go watch Pontefract Collieries.

If you don't go, it won't be in vain. Imagine if the impossible happened and Rovers won, in 35 years time you could recount to your grandkids how you once saw Leeds United battle to an against the odds draw against the mighty Peterborough at fortress paradiso.

#32 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

Truely laughable,referee courses are available if you wish to apply.Easier to criticise without knowing the rules or making any effort though isn't it.

#33 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:06 AM

Odd isn't it. Bad day at the office last weekend for the players: let's forget it and move on. Bad day at the office four years ago for the ref: string em up, and bear a grudge for a lifetime. :rolleyes:

Time to move on, let's focus on the performance of our team on Saturday, not the man in the middle. :smile:

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#34 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,266 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:07 AM

I haven't seen enough of Thaler to judge his fitness to ref - so won't. My judgement of him as a professional I prefer to keep out of the public domain.

However, I am a registed nurse. It's my job and I work with those members of the public that require my service. My performance is then judged by those people, almost all of whom are NOT registered nurses!
Are their comments invalid?? Sould I suggest to them their comments are laughable and they should take 3 years off to go and get qualified before they make any further comments??
Of course not. They have a right to an opinion as a service user of how I have performed as a nurse.

A ref is no different. His performance is open to public scrutiny informed or otherwise.

#35 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:14 AM

I haven't seen enough of Thaler to judge his fitness to ref - so won't. My judgement of him as a professional I prefer to keep out of the public domain.

However, I am a registed nurse. It's my job and I work with those members of the public that require my service. My performance is then judged by those people, almost all of whom are NOT registered nurses!
Are their comments invalid?? Sould I suggest to them their comments are laughable and they should take 3 years off to go and get qualified before they make any further comments??
Of course not. They have a right to an opinion as a service user of how I have performed as a nurse.

A ref is no different. His performance is open to public scrutiny informed or otherwise.

Quite true Robin. I think some people however are forgetting the everyone makes mistakes in the course of their work, refs included. We're all human, these things happen like it or not!

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#36 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,266 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:31 AM

match official appointments haven't been posted on the RFL website-much to my chaagrin. They are usually there by now.
ben Thaler my ring piece.

So then, your ring piece?? :blush:
How do you think cas fans got hold of Thaler's appointment before it was announced on the RFL's web page??
Not that it matters a hoot like! :smile: :smile:

#37 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,266 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:37 AM

Quite true Robin. I think some people however are forgetting the everyone makes mistakes in the course of their work, refs included. We're all human, these things happen like it or not!

Well yes Gazza, that's true and that's why I'm reluctant to comment on Ben Thaler's fitness to ref, cos I haven't seen too much of him.

However, if I kept making poor decisions, communicated badly or didn't know rules/regs in my job, I would be supported, re-trained, performance managed, disciplined or dismissed!
That's why I wanted to debate the fitness to ref of Ronny Laughton a few weeks back. There's a ref who appears to me at least to make a series of howlers in almost every match I see him in. When that happens when I'm a neutral, it kind of reinforces to me that somethings wrong with that individuals ability to ref at this level and feel confident in making such an observation.

at least it appears to be happening in SL
http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/17663539

Edited by Robin Evans, 11 April 2012 - 10:41 AM.

#38 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:43 AM

Truely laughable,referee courses are available if you wish to apply.Easier to criticise without knowing the rules or making any effort though isn't it.

I'll tell that to OFSTED then next time they're in. Watch my a**e land 50 yards away when I do.
You never critisised a politician?

Edited by Andrew Vause, 11 April 2012 - 10:47 AM.

#39 Lez

Lez
  • Players
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

Posted Image

This one?

#40 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

Posted Image

This one?

To be fair to Ben, it was a muddy day, and there was enough doubt as to whether an Earthworm was under the ball, stopping its grounding. And his view of the line is obscured because of the ball that is on it.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 11 April 2012 - 11:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users