Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The ref for saturday is

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 Paul Gibbins

Paul Gibbins
  • Coach
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:54 AM

Truely laughable,referee courses are available if you wish to apply.Easier to criticise without knowing the rules or making any effort though isn't it.

there you go old lad, is this not making an effort to ignore a perfectly good try that he has a clear and unobstructed view of??

Only to be followed up with comments about our club after the match...... ask AV what was said but extremely unprofessional

Attached Files

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling
Plastering

Bathroom fitting
Fencing
Guttering

Insurance work
Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

#42 Paul Gibbins

Paul Gibbins
  • Coach
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

To be fair to Ben, it was a muddy day, and there was enough doubt as to whether an Earthworm was under the ball, stopping its grounding. And his view of the line is obscured because of the ball that is on it.

he actually said he was short of the line....... official decision
PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling
Plastering

Bathroom fitting
Fencing
Guttering

Insurance work
Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

#43 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:01 PM

he actually said he was short of the line....... official decision

Stan Wall did same on your dad at Widnes in '85', your old fellow was only about two foot over on that occasion.

#44 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:09 PM

Well yes Gazza, that's true and that's why I'm reluctant to comment on Ben Thaler's fitness to ref, cos I haven't seen too much of him.

However, if I kept making poor decisions, communicated badly or didn't know rules/regs in my job, I would be supported, re-trained, performance managed, disciplined or dismissed!
That's why I wanted to debate the fitness to ref of Ronny Laughton a few weeks back. There's a ref who appears to me at least to make a series of howlers in almost every match I see him in. When that happens when I'm a neutral, it kind of reinforces to me that somethings wrong with that individuals ability to ref at this level and feel confident in making such an observation.

at least it appears to be happening in SL
http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/17663539

There on about bringing a bleep test in now as well Robin.

#45 Banno

Banno
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

there you go old lad, is this not making an effort to ignore a perfectly good try that he has a clear and unobstructed view of??

Only to be followed up with comments about our club after the match...... ask AV what was said but extremely unprofessional

Isn't that the C@s away shirt that Thaler is wearing?
Hello!? Yeah - watching the Rovers!! Yeah - I hate Cas too!!! Chow!!!

#46 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:02 PM

There on about bringing a bleep test in now as well Robin.

Bit extreme for nursing that Mr V!!!!

Looks like its the job centre for you Mr Evans :laugh:
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#47 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,953 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

That heart monitor I went on went bleep oft enough sidnee! :laugh:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#48 Freemantle

Freemantle
  • Players
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:10 PM

Mr Thaler and Mr Crashley - arn't we blessed. Rob had better reduce the width of the pitch and we all know about Mr Paranoid and the "doctored photo" He was still on about it last season.

Why 'Mr Crashley'. It is common knowledge that Paul is a lifelong Featherstone fan, and as far as I know still his first team.

As regards the decision for the drop out, in the league game v Cas in 2005, what people forget or do not realise, is that decision was given by the touch judge not Ben Thaler. Also after being slowed down on the video, it was subsequently found to be the correct decision, although by a matter of inches.

#49 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

Why 'Mr Crashley'. It is common knowledge that Paul is a lifelong Featherstone fan, and as far as I know still his first team.

As regards the decision for the drop out, in the league game v Cas in 2005, what people forget or do not realise, is that decision was given by the touch judge not Ben Thaler. Also after being slowed down on the video, it was subsequently found to be the correct decision, although by a matter of inches.

now you've gone and spoilt it for us
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#50 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:09 PM

When we get a fan of the opposing side, he doesnt care, when we get a Fev lad as ref, he does his best to make sure he cant be accused of bias towards his home town side! <_<

Cummins Out.

#51 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

There's nothing doctored about that photo, I can assure everyone of that. Ben made a genuine error in my opinion and as I said at the time we should be looking to increase the use of video technology at games. That would then have been a try no doubt about it.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#52 Paulie

Paulie
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:10 PM

As some of you might know,Paul Crashley was a regular visitor to the Travs in the early eighties and was well known to the rugby
team. During the early part of his refereeing career he came down to Purston park to referee a cup match i think. At the end of the game
the consensus of opinion was that in trying to show his impartiality he had gone a little bit too far the other way which was fair
enough. He got alot of ribbing for it though after the game. For someone on the casforum to suggest that he might have an influence
on the way the game on saturday is refereed because of his featherstone connections is so wide of the mark as to be moronic and
worthy of the professional attentions of Robin Evans.

#53 Michael Bates

Michael Bates
  • Coach
  • 186 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:32 PM

What does the match comissioner even do? Are they involved in anything that can actually have any affect on the game?

#54 Paul Gibbins

Paul Gibbins
  • Coach
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:41 AM

apparemtly have super human hearing!!!!!

to be honest, i think they are there to generally oversee the game and keep in contact with the clubs offixials over any issues that come up at the time
PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling
Plastering

Bathroom fitting
Fencing
Guttering

Insurance work
Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users