Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Obituary Corner

• Please log in to reply
903 replies to this topic

#901 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,291 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:54 AM

I would hope the death of Robin Williams had a positive effect on people's perceptions on mental health, but I'm not holding my breath.

FWIW, his stand up was occasionally brilliant but in general too manic for my taste, and his film work ranged from very, very good to dire.
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

#902 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,519 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:12 AM

I would hope the death of Robin Williams had a positive effect on people's perceptions on mental health, but I'm not holding my breath.

FWIW, his stand up was occasionally brilliant but in general too manic for my taste, and his film work ranged from very, very good to dire.

I doubt it as well, but perhaps it's one small step.

I agree with you about his output.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#903 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,378 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:43 PM

The sad news of his demise was a bit of a 'WTF?' moment. In one of those strange quirks of scheduling, the last thing I watched before the story broke was an episode of Family Guy on BBC3 where everything Peter Griffin touched turned into a Robin Williams character.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#904 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:39 PM

James Alexander Gordon, apparently.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users