Obituary Corner

• Please log in to reply
1127 replies to this topic

#1121 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,779 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:55 PM

Lotte Hass, underwater photographer and film maker.

http://www.telegraph...r-obituary.html

#1122 Exiled Townie

Exiled Townie
  • Coach
  • 3,367 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:16 PM

Lotte Hass, underwater photographer and film maker.

http://www.telegraph...r-obituary.html

Another of my childhood memories.  Black and white tv, "The Undersea World of Hans and Lotte Hass".  Always somewhere warm and exotic.  Happy days......

Jamfree.gifth_jasmax001.jpglaughingstock.jpg
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." G.Orwell.
St Albans Centurions Website & St Albans Centurions Photo Site

#1123 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,779 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:38 PM

Another of my childhood memories.  Black and white tv, "The Undersea World of Hans and Lotte Hass".  Always somewhere warm and exotic.  Happy days.......

Aye. Their pioneering films, along with those of Jacques Cousteau, did a lot for stimulating interest in and knowledge of life in the oceans.

#1124 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 22,355 posts

Posted Today, 06:39 PM

Actress Geraldine McEwan, best known for 'Miss Marple'.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#1125 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,216 posts

Posted Today, 06:55 PM

Have any of the guilty villains she helped put away been released from prison recently?  :huh:

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#1126 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,641 posts

Posted Today, 07:06 PM

Richard von Weisaecker aged 94. Former West Berlin Mayor but was President of Germany from 1984-1994 and was a major figure in the reunification of the East and West Germany. Was also the first West German Politicians to make a visit to Israel and the first German to address the Joint session of the UK Parliment. Wasnt frightened to say what he thought, unlike many politicians today. http://news.yahoo.co...-110938759.html

#1127 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,568 posts

Posted Today, 07:48 PM

She also played Lucia in Mapp & Lucia (earlier version) and Miss Jean Brodie in the TV version of the Prime of Miss Jean Brodie

"This is a very wealthy country, money is no object" D. Cameron February 2014

#1128 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 22,355 posts

Posted Today, 08:08 PM

She also played Lucia in Mapp & Lucia (earlier version) and Miss Jean Brodie in the TV version of the Prime of Miss Jean Brodie

According to IMDB, she started acting at 14 years old, and has been in some quality stuff, the last being a voice artist on the English version of 'Arietty', the Studio Ghibli take on 'The Borrowers', which was a wonderful piece of work.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users