Obituary Corner

• Please log in to reply
1249 replies to this topic

#1241 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 24,562 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:10 PM

Surprised to hear about Erroll Brown, always seemed younger than he was. Louis Louis (not that one) was quite a controversial record IIRC. No honkys in my house...you dig?

Check out the lyrics of 'Mindless Boogie'. It managed to tie together nuclear death, cult suicides and dancing 'til you drop. Just your normal light'n'frothy Hot Chocolate track.

Between the optimist & the pessimist
The difference is quite droll:
The optimist sees the doughnut,
The pessimist sees the hole.

#1242 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 24,562 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:14 PM

Apparently, Ilunga Mwepu has died. You may not remember the name, but he was the Zairean footballer who got sent off in the World Cup for kicking away the ball before Brazil could take a free kick.

Here's Ilunga himself, being a very good sport in a recreation of the event.

#1243 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,662 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:08 PM

A former work colleague of mine died today.  I'm not going to name him to respect his wife's wishes.  A damn nice guy who always had a huge smile on his face despite being on the sour end of some abysmal management decisions and unfair treatment.  Heart attack and he wasn't even 40.  He wasn't a close friend but it's always very sad seeing one of the good guys lost to the world while the thwaites who caused him so much stress in his life got bonuses and promotions because of it.

I hadn't seen him in over a year because he was struggling badly to find work and I'd moved on to the NHS rather than my old work circle.  I was going to say that I'll make better efforts to keep in touch with those other good guys but then I admitted to myself that that's something I'm not going to promise because I'd always slip back into finding an excuse like "too busy" or "I'm rarely there any more".

I've had to delete five posts in the last hour before posting them because i realised I was about to unfairly take out my bad mood on the forum.  Time for a whisky and bed with a book.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#1244 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 21,479 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:12 PM

In the last fortnight I've been to 2 funerals and Sunday would have been my brothers 60th. It's a cliché but you never know when your time is up so try and appreciate it.

#1245 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,866 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 05:51 AM

B B King.
R.I.P
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#1246 Stan Doffarf

Stan Doffarf
  • Coach
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 09:06 AM

Glorious day here in the Algarve but darkened by the loss of the great Riley B King. Has there been a more revered or influential bluesman since WW2?

Very sad today. RIP.
And when they found our shadows
Grouped around the TV sets
They ran down every lead
They repeated every test
They checked out all the data on their lists
And then the alien anthropologists
Admitted they were still perplexed
But on eliminating every other reason
For our sad demise
They logged the only explanation left
This species has amused itself to death
No tears to cry no feelings left
This species has amused itself to death

#1247 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,891 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:02 PM

Not so much an obituary, but an in memorandum: Ian Curtis 15th July 1956 - 18th May 1980

I can still remember the day I found out and the front cover of the NME the following Thursday carrying his image and those words. Can't believe it's 35 years. :(

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#1248 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 24,562 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:37 PM

Terry Sue-Patt, aka Benny Green from 'Grange Hill'.

#1249 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 21,479 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:27 PM

Flippin 'eck Tucker. :(

#1250 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 24,562 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:53 PM

Can't find a link yet, but the word is that Sixties pop starlet Twinkle Ripley has died. Here's two and a half minutes of pop heaven - one of her own compositions.

Edited by Futtocks, 23 May 2015 - 12:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users