Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Rangi Chase today

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Paul Gibbins

Paul Gibbins
  • Coach
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:42 PM

I watched the match today hoping that his team would lose and was delighted to see he had a fine game.............. for wakefield, threw an interception pass or two, kicking game was rubbish and wakefield learnt from us about not shooting the line when he crabs across it. Not to mention lots of poor decisions including the last play of the match when they had chance to sky the ball.

One thing i did notice though was that the commenators did nothing but big him up and say how good he was all the way through and when he made one of his several mistakes made excuses for him, i was sick of hearing them droan on about him and how he wasn't match fit due to his 3 match lay off, he should have sat out the rest of the season if the RFL disciplinary comitee grew a pair, maybe they are scared he'll chuck the teddy out and decide he's no longer English then we lose our national teams saviour.......... comitee and commentators
PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling
Plastering

Bathroom fitting
Fencing
Guttering

Insurance work
Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

#2 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:27 PM

IMO he is one of the most over rated players in SL hes like a scott parker in football stands out in a very poor team but put him in a good team and you would never notice him.

Edited by thundergaz, 26 May 2012 - 10:27 PM.

#3 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:25 PM

Give over! Scott Parker ran Spurs midfield last season, they fell apart at the end of season when he was out injured - coincidence?

Hardly call spurs a very poor team either

#4 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:33 PM

Unbelievably bad today. A school kid would have taken a better option on that last play of the game. If he's better than any home produced player our nation has to offer then God help us.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#5 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:58 AM

Give over! Scott Parker ran Spurs midfield last season, they fell apart at the end of season when he was out injured - coincidence?

Hardly call spurs a very poor team either

I was'nt singleing out scott parker he was just the first player that came into my head to get the point over thats all And i ment when he was at west ham not spurs :lol:

Edited by thundergaz, 27 May 2012 - 10:00 AM.

#6 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,351 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:19 AM

I thought he was ######. Ive never seen him play well, though Im sure he must at times.
Shouldn't be playing for England, cos he's not English. That's not his fault, it's MacNamara's. Awful coach in my book.

After the C*s/Wakey game there was some kind of chat show on SKY with Stevo, Studd, Andy Wilson and Chris Irvine. Apart from some garbage from Stevo, they all basically said he had been found out at the top level and just wasn't good enough for internationals, though he is dangerous and unpredictable at club level. Can't disagree with that, can we?

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#7 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,956 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:10 AM

even cas must be wondering if he's worth the large chunk of their salary cap that he's getting.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#8 rover n out

rover n out
  • Coach
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:15 PM

i can see him getting elbow for club n country
Twenty minutes before a gig, he dons the suit and walks out as though he's on his way to a caning from the headmaster, Except its Angus that does the whipping!!

#9 Ashcroft

Ashcroft
  • Players
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:35 PM

Interesting how these issues develop isn't it. Millward went out of his way to defend Chase in Saturday's Yorkshire Post. That's what you'd expect I suppose, but the popular view is that a 3 match ban was well short of an appropriate sanction.

#10 Sportbilly

Sportbilly
  • Coach
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:45 PM

i can see him getting elbow for club n country

lets just see him get a nice big elbow for now mart ;-)
There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

#11 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:13 PM

lets just see him get a nice big elbow for now mart ;-)

He needs alot more than an elbow :lol:

#12 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:58 AM

Right, how the hell does he get picked for England?

I don't rate him at international standard, but McGuire is still head and shoulders above Chase.

And thats even before we bring in to the equation that Gareth Widdop IS international standard, yet has to settle for 15 minutes at the end of matches.

While were at it, England, Tomkins to 6, Brough at 7, Widdop at 1? maybe Eden in a trial match?

Cummins Out.

#13 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:20 AM

We have some options at last in the halves. Brough, Lomax, Widdop, Tomkins, Myler all before Chase imo. Like to see Brough/Widdop with Tomkins at 1. If Brough doesn't cut it then Lomax/Widdop

#14 blackhawk

blackhawk

boxer boy

• Coach
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:19 AM

Unbelievably bad today. A school kid would have taken a better option on that last play of the game. If he's better than any home produced player our nation has to offer then God help us.

at6 isnt danny Mcguire a better option for england and even robbie burrows,if i had my way chase would NOT be an option

#15 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:13 PM

We have some options at last in the halves. Brough, Lomax, Widdop, Tomkins, Myler all before Chase imo. Like to see Brough/Widdop with Tomkins at 1. If Brough doesn't cut it then Lomax/Widdop

I hope Brough gets his chance for England, he‘s a top player.

I think that Widdop would be the smart choice at 6, with Tomkins linking in from full back.

Dunno what id do with 13 though.

Cummins Out.

#16 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:21 PM

Easy, Johnny Hepworth ;)
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#17 blackhawk

blackhawk

boxer boy

• Coach
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:50 AM

how about a new coach while we are at it,dont think mcnamara knows what this coaching of a national team is about,his team selection dont seem right to me,hes at sixes and sevens if u ask me

#18 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:36 AM

how about a new coach while we are at it,dont think mcnamara knows what this coaching of a national team is about,his team selection dont seem right to me,hes at sixes and sevens if u ask me

Spot on DP for england coach for me if he can keep the fev job too if not RFL hands off :lol:

#19 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,956 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:37 AM

he's like a lot of our coaches. he's got all the aussiespeak and cliches but he hasn't got an original thought in his head.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#20 blackhawk

blackhawk

boxer boy

• Coach
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:37 PM

he's like a lot of our coaches. he's got all the aussiespeak and cliches but he hasn't got an original thought in his head.

as far as a good coach goes,BOBBY GOULDING he has the pride and passion just like in his playing days

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users