Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Rangi Chase today

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:37 AM

as far as a good coach goes,BOBBY GOULDING he has the pride and passion just like in his playing days

Bobby who? :lol: he was a good player when he was'nt drinking :lol: but a good coach? seriously? :o

#22 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:28 PM

I don't mind McNamara as coach if im honest, he's not doing that bad a job of it.

Cummins Out.

#23 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:37 PM

Arrested Tuesday night and spent the night in cells at Leeds due to being too coked up to drive.

Source. Best mate of wpc who locked him up!!!!

Discuss.

The weak conform, the strong survive.

#24 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:59 PM

Had yet another blinder against Bradford, went to do his only move when he sent a dummy drop off forward :unsure:

Cummins Out.

#25 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:37 PM

Arrested Tuesday night and spent the night in cells at Leeds due to being too coked up to drive.

Source. Best mate of wpc who locked him up!!!!

Discuss.

Rangi chase doesnt hold a uk driving liscence

Source : his fiancee

That doesnt mean he wasnt there though - thats my opinion

#26 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:11 AM

Rangi chase doesnt hold a uk driving liscence

Source : his fiancee

That doesnt mean he wasnt there though - thats my opinion

Who said he was actually driving?

Also good to hear people close to him want to deny a licence but not the incident!!

Intriguing :o

The weak conform, the strong survive.

#27 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:57 AM

Who said he was actually driving?

Also good to hear people close to him want to deny a licence but not the incident!!

Intriguing :o

Thats why i said it doesnt mean he wasnt there

The 'incident' wasnt discussed or mentioned just the question on weather he could drive

Weirdly someone had asked before me, maybe they had heard or read the same thing?

Edited by elppaxr2i, 06 June 2012 - 11:02 AM.

#28 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,061 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:56 PM

I didn't hold a canadian licence but I drove in Canada and I'm driving in France this week on a UK licence!! Am I missing summat here?
How does not holding a UK licence affect his ability to drive in the UK regardless of whether he had a sack load o' charlie up his hooter?

and I make no inference either way. He's innocent until someone in a court says otherwise!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#29 LITTLEAL83

LITTLEAL83
  • Facebook
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:20 AM

and yet again hes got in the ENGLISH !!!! :angry: :angry: team to play the exiles what on earth is going on surely we have got better players and pure englsh as well

#30 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,061 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:32 AM

Leaving the "English" qualification aside for a mo, I'd just as soon prefer him not to be in our game. He's an unpleasant character on the pitch (I don't know him off it), I don't believe he sets the right example to younger players on or off the field and I think as a player he's been found out.
I just think it's a bit of an indictment on our game at the mo that he is considered for representitive honours and that our game here in Europe simply does not produce enough players of quality and in any kind of depth to make his qualification debate a pointless excercise.

Position for position, if we could produce two teams all of equal skill/fitness/stamina as say Sam Tomkins, we'd be having a field day discussing which UK born No7 we'd go for. As it is, there is a derth of top quality talent wanting to play RL here in the UK so the game has to make daft choices like this.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#31 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,462 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:50 PM

He doesnt need a UK Licence to be able to drive in the UK. I have driven in Australia, but had to get a International Drivers Licence to do so. I am guessing many of the overseas players would do the same when here and just get a International Licence and is very easy and cheap to get.

From what I have seen of Chase this year he is at best an average SL player who is easy to shut down if you keep a line and dont give him space-he then panics and either looses the plot or does nothing. Its a slap in the face for many of the young lads who have done well this year. How Mcnamara can say that team is picked on form I will never know! The Leeds players are well out of form and what has Wilkin, Chase, Cudjoe done to earn a place? Brough has played for Scotland and should be told you made your decision earlier. Peacock is way too old. England stand NO chance in the WC with Mcnamara as coach and so the England fans will just waste their money following a National side based on friendship and reputation not on form

#32 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:31 PM

He doesnt need a UK Licence to be able to drive in the UK. I have driven in Australia, but had to get a International Drivers Licence to do so. I am guessing many of the overseas players would do the same when here and just get a International Licence and is very easy and cheap to get.

From what I have seen of Chase this year he is at best an average SL player who is easy to shut down if you keep a line and dont give him space-he then panics and either looses the plot or does nothing. Its a slap in the face for many of the young lads who have done well this year. How Mcnamara can say that team is picked on form I will never know! The Leeds players are well out of form and what has Wilkin, Chase, Cudjoe done to earn a place? Brough has played for Scotland and should be told you made your decision earlier. Peacock is way too old. England stand NO chance in the WC with Mcnamara as coach and so the England fans will just waste their money following a National side based on friendship and reputation not on form

...and i personally dont give a flyin one about the national side,havent done for years..mcnamara is a joke and picking Chase leaves a sour taste...four nations my @ :angry:

#33 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:35 PM

That England squad is pathetic, mi brother reckons the Knights could beat them.

Chase has been terrible this year, I dunno how hes been included.

Cummins Out.

#34 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:07 PM

If you arent a uk resident but have lived in the uk for more than 1 or 2 years and are a registered british etc or whatever it is these days legally you have to do a uk driving test and get a uk driving liscence an international liscence does not count anymore and expires

So if he doesnt hold a uk liscence he is driving illegally in this country but the original point still stands that you dont have to be physically driving the vehicle to be classed as driving it just caught in the drivers seat

#35 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:16 PM

and yet again hes got in the ENGLISH !!!! :angry: :angry: team to play the exiles what on earth is going on surely we have got better players and pure englsh as well

This part doesn't bother me at all... see Heighington, the fact that he's rubbish is the bit that bothers me.

Cummins Out.

#36 Paul Gibbins

Paul Gibbins
  • Coach
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:06 PM

If you arent a uk resident but have lived in the uk for more than 1 or 2 years and are a registered british etc or whatever it is these days legally you have to do a uk driving test and get a uk driving liscence an international liscence does not count anymore and expires

So if he doesnt hold a uk liscence he is driving illegally in this country but the original point still stands that you dont have to be physically driving the vehicle to be classed as driving it just caught in the drivers seat

he would be classed as driving it if he was with a learner and he was a full licence holder even if he was the passenger under the use cause and permit part of the road traffic act, if a qualified driver is a passenger and over the legal limit of drink or drugs whilst the driver is unqualified the passenger gets arrested for drink/drug driving where the driver gets summoned to court for driving without an appropriale licence or insurance
PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling
Plastering

Bathroom fitting
Fencing
Guttering

Insurance work
Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

#37 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:41 PM

he would be classed as driving it if he was with a learner and he was a full licence holder even if he was the passenger under the use cause and permit part of the road traffic act, if a qualified driver is a passenger and over the legal limit of drink or drugs whilst the driver is unqualified the passenger gets arrested for drink/drug driving where the driver gets summoned to court for driving without an appropriale licence or insurance

Very good point also

#38 pont rover

pont rover
  • Coach
  • 488 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

Looks like he's been upto his usual tricks first of all Tangi and now Zak

http://www.sportingl...-over-challenge

#39 Mick Thornton

Mick Thornton
  • Players
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

Clearly after breaking a players jaw with an illegal tackle and the defence by Ian Millward of Chase being "so remorseful" leading to such a lenient ban has had no influence in Chase cleaning up his act.
His talent is without question but his cowardly thuggery is certainly not to be accepted time after time.
The incident which went unpunished on young Hardaker on Sunday or the end game result didn't suprise me when informed that the referee was T.Roby. ( two easy kicks at goal in the dying minutes for Castleford to win the game )
M.J.Thornton

#40 pont rover

pont rover
  • Coach
  • 488 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:14 PM

Guilty again for the England international !

http://www.sportingl...d-two-match-ban

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users