NEW COACH

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 fozzie

fozzie
  • Coach
  • 258 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:01 PM

Anybody got any ideas ,anyone got any preferences,who would you like,who would you not like?would you install him now (no disrespect Chris) or would you wait until the end of the season? Personaly for me I would bring him now until the end of the season so he can see what he's got and also so he can see what he needs.Any thoughts?
WERE BLUE, WERE WHITE, WE ARE THE CITY KNIGHTS, WE ARE YORK, WE ARE YORK

#2 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:49 PM

Brian Noble now please.

Yes, I know...
Posted Image

#3 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,855 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:05 PM

Brian Noble now please.

Yes, I know...

Sounds like he's having second thoughts about the Bulls job.

#4 HaroldShand

HaroldShand
  • Coach
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:10 PM

I'd wager that your club will look to a current SL assistant coach to fill the void. There aren't many experienced British head coaches available - with the right pedigree at least.
What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

#5 blackhawk

blackhawk

boxer boy

• Coach
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:16 AM

Brian Noble now please.

Yes, I know...

wont go far wrong with bobby goulding .hes out of work as a coach

#6 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:11 AM

I'll stick with the 1st name I thought of (& 'passed on'), but will keep quiet until something concrete happens.

Idealy needs to be involved asap, difficult if they are still working for & under contract at another club, but
would try to get him involved with the other coaches now, attend training now & again & make sure he sees
the last 6 games.

#7 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,855 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:12 AM

I'll stick with the 1st name I thought of (& 'passed on'), but will keep quiet until something concrete happens.

Idealy needs to be involved asap, difficult if they are still working for & under contract at another club, but
would try to get him involved with the other coaches now, attend training now & again & make sure he sees
the last 6 games.

Wonder if the third name on your list will get the job as he's now lost his?.

#8 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:42 AM

Wonder if the third name on your list will get the job as he's now lost his?.

You never know, Press today reckons we should have the coach named by the middle of this month.

#9 fozzie

fozzie
  • Coach
  • 258 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:12 PM

Gary thornton already mentioned what about Andy kelly former Dewsbury coach
WERE BLUE, WERE WHITE, WE ARE THE CITY KNIGHTS, WE ARE YORK, WE ARE YORK

#10 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,663 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:41 AM

JG has tweeted " @YorkKnightsRLFC to confirm new head coach in next few days #goodtimesahead"

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#11 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:46 AM

JG has tweeted " @YorkKnightsRLFC to confirm new head coach in next few days #goodtimesahead"

Great news that - would assume whoever he is will have told JG the list of players he wants
for 2013, lets get in there 1st & get some the key positions sorted.

#12 Mrbus

Mrbus
  • Coach
  • 781 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:18 AM

Posted Image

#13 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,875 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:41 AM

Posted Image

Is that a box of THORNTONS continental chocolates?

#14 steve56

steve56
  • Coach
  • 376 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:14 AM

The Press has announced that it will be Gary Thornton as coach next year.

Good choice,now let's get this awful,dismal excuse of a season out of the way,completely overhaul the playing squad,bring some winners in and move on to brighter times.

#15 demon dave

demon dave
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:40 AM

The Press has announced that it will be Gary Thornton as coach next year.

Good choice,now let's get this awful,dismal excuse of a season out of the way,completely overhaul the playing squad,bring some winners in and move on to brighter times.

Agreed. We need to start getting stability back within the club. Granted situations do change but if we are to stay where we are and improve we need the consistancy both on and off the pitch.

#16 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:57 AM

Excellent choice for me, plenty of experience & contacts at this level, and will
have seen the best under 20 talent around first hand, understand he already
knows who he wants here for 2013, welcome to the Knights Gary.

Edited by shades2, 06 July 2012 - 07:04 AM.

#17 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,855 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:08 AM

He's what we need an experienced coach very good choice well done J,G,, as Steve says this season cant end soon enough.

#18 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:35 AM

Do understand where people are coming from regards this season.

But maybe need to consider that some of the people making these comments are the same ones who have
a go at players for supposedly not giving 100% & not putting their bodies on the line, that doesn't send out good signals to the players. Not winning many games also makes a massive difference on here.

Just think its been one of those seasons, no relegation etc & every club message board has been
quiet & apathy has set in, reckon it will all pick up again next year.

Edited by shades2, 06 July 2012 - 08:39 AM.

#19 HaroldShand

HaroldShand
  • Coach
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:55 AM

Oh dear. Probaly the worst possible appoinment you could have made. Any promising young players should pack their bags before he saps all the talent from them. I wonder if he's started watchin videos of the opposition yet? His game plans were also great, especially the ones he handed out to disgruntled fans on A4 paper that included such insightful gems as 'Stuart Dickens is a big man who runs hard, keep an eye on him'. Seriously, I can tell you now that your club will regret this one.
What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

#20 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,663 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:08 AM

Oh dear. Probaly the worst possible appoinment you could have made. Any promising young players should pack their bags before he saps all the talent from them. I wonder if he's started watchin videos of the opposition yet? His game plans were also great, especially the ones he handed out to disgruntled fans on A4 paper that included such insightful gems as 'Stuart Dickens is a big man who runs hard, keep an eye on him'. Seriously, I can tell you now that your club will regret this one.

As soon as I found out who the new coach was, I knew you'd be on here with your words of wisdom. He did a great job at Batley keeping them in this division (and competing) with hardly any money and has done a great job with the under 21's at Cas. At least 6 players have gone from their under 21s to first team since he's been in charge, so he obviously knows what he's doing with regards to youth development. Only person I've ever heard bad-mouth him is you.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users