Development Fund, Phase 2 Upgrade Works to CP

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:40 PM

Work has finally started on the next part of the upgrade of the Craven Park ground.

Following the success and positive feed back from the supporters and visitors on the vital works that was carried out during 2011 both myself and Keith Nutter have commenced the feasability on grants available and further funding required to carry out the renewal of the floodlights and replacement of the existing concrete barrier that surounds the pitch with a modern tubular design to bring Craven Park up to the modern stadium standards.

Specifications and safety standards have already been received and various lighting designs and quotations are curently being received. The existing power supply to the ground has been surveyed and a report will follow which will hopefully meet the requirements for the new lights

As per phase 1 we aim to bring regular updates to the forum to keep all supporters in the loop.

As Keith would say " The futures bright the futures new lights" sorry Keith ha ha

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#2 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 545 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:51 AM

Sounds promising.

#3 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:54 AM

Excellent keeps us informed Neil

Lee

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#4 polo_rp

polo_rp
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:29 PM

A good way to raise money would be with help from the Amateur Clubs in the area, who have vast experience of raising money.
Perhaps the BoD could talk to the local league officials?

#5 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:12 PM

New designs and competative quotes for replacement floodlights to the modern stadium specifications have now been recieved and the information has been compiled on the existing electrical supply and new cabling/civil works required to complete the lights.
The next stage which is underway is to compile the information into a report and apply for any grants available.
New up coming grants/funding have been located and applications will be made over the next couple of weeks following the report.

#6 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,472 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:22 PM

Onwards & Upwards :)

#7 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 880 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:17 AM

Niel, did keith Nutter have a word with you about extending the bar cellar. If not, next time you see him, can you remind him. Cheers
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#8 Penno

Penno
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:04 PM

Niel, did keith Nutter have a word with you about extending the bar cellar. If not, next time you see him, can you remind him. Cheers

Did we drink that much on Thursday Gaz? B) :lol: B) :lol: B)

#9 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:17 PM

Always thought Livo was a pishead :lol:

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#10 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 880 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:10 PM

thank you lads but no i'm not a pishead. just so i don't have to bring barrels through the bar anymore and also we could stock more beer!!!!

#11 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,472 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

IMO If the club could find any way to extend and modernize the bar to maximize turnover/profits or even add a new port o cabin style temporary bar in the opposite unused corner would double the clubs capacity to sell booze/snacks to the supporters and ease the congestion on the existing bar.

How is the new food bar working out for the club ?

Obviously the club have certain priority's in the grounds infrastructure that needs attention but again IMO Monies spent that bring us better financial return opportunities to further invest into the ground & better facilities for the public is a win/win scenario, Any thing in the pipeline ?

#12 Keith Nutter

Keith Nutter
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:33 PM

IMO If the club could find any way to extend and modernize the bar to maximize turnover/profits or even add a new port o cabin style temporary bar in the opposite unused corner would double the clubs capacity to sell booze/snacks to the supporters and ease the congestion on the existing bar.

How is the new food bar working out for the club ?

Obviously the club have certain priority's in the grounds infrastructure that needs attention but again IMO Monies spent that bring us better financial return opportunities to further invest into the ground & better facilities for the public is a win/win scenario, Any thing in the pipeline ?

I thought Neil's post made it quite clear where the priorities lie just now Mick and that is quite clearly the lights.
The stark reality is that without new lights with a lux level of 300 we will be removed from the Championship at the end of 2013. Our current lights are barely more than 100 lux.
The reality is that given the club's financial position we are very reliant for financing improvements on the fans who have joined the Development Fund and make regular payments plus the possibility of obtaining grants.
There are less than 100 supporters currently in the DF and these people have financed all the improvements made over the last three years or so. If we could simply treble that number we could achieve so much more. I don't think joining the DF is a risk as its track record to date is very, very good. Every penny donated is spent on the ground.
I'm a little bit puzzled by your comments on the beer outlets Mick as on match days we currently have four outlets servicing the ground and none of these seem the be seriously clogged up most of the time. Ok if we drew Wigan in the cup we might struggle but for our current gates we seem to cope pretty well though Livo may correct me on this one.

Posted Image

#13 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 880 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:25 PM

Your right Keith, we are coping at the moment and the new bar and toilets have been a god send. I should imagine there are plans in the future to extend the bar so we could start doing functions and the like. What I was referring to Mick was the state of the cellar we have at the moment. If we could extend that and build a door into the ground then I wouldn't have to bring all the barrels through the main bar to take them to the outside bar.

#14 Keith Nutter

Keith Nutter
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:02 PM

Your right Keith, we are coping at the moment and the new bar and toilets have been a god send. I should imagine there are plans in the future to extend the bar so we could start doing functions and the like. What I was referring to Mick was the state of the cellar we have at the moment. If we could extend that and build a door into the ground then I wouldn't have to bring all the barrels through the main bar to take them to the outside bar.

The exercise with either do you good Gary or you will end up with a back like mine LOL.

Posted Image

#15 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,472 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:36 PM

Thanks Keith & Livo for clarifying things for me, So the new buildings also serve booze ( I thought they were food outlets & newer toilets only )

Yes the Floodlights are the pressing priority, glad things are improving and hope it continues, cheers fella's.

#16 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

Can a board member who is dealing with the flood light grants keep this topic updated please

#17 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 545 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

You having nothing to do with this now then? If not who is?

#18 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

According to the web site the director for grants is Eric Wood ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users