Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Batley V Sheffield

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:57 PM

Fed up of reading how terrible GT was during his reign at Batley, so let's start thinking about the game ahead.

Predictions?
SIGNATURE

#2 RogerT

RogerT
  • Coach
  • 291 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:37 PM

16 - 32 to Sheffield, I'm sorry to say as they seem to have the Voodoo sign on us.

I would love it to be the other way.

#3 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:21 PM

Isn't it more the away fixture we struggle with rather than games at Mount Pleasant agains the Eagles?
SIGNATURE

#4 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

Should be a cracking game this one. Given that Dewsbury are playing at Leigh on Friday night your club should be encouraging Rams fans to attend, with reduced prices for season ticket holders.

I might even pop along myself, you lucky people!
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#5 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,643 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:03 PM

Isn't it more the away fixture we struggle with rather than games at Mount Pleasant agains the Eagles?

Not really. I remember some depressing matches at the Mount against them. The last time we got anything against them was the NRC quarter final. last season we shoul dhave beat them at Bramall Lane but capitulated in the second half!

#6 GoldDog

GoldDog
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:21 PM

Shefffield, I believe, got promoted in 2007 and we have not beaten them in the league since then, which would be 11 games.

#7 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:46 PM

Shefffield, I believe, got promoted in 2007 and we have not beaten them in the league since then, which would be 11 games.

Correct. We beat them in the NRC quarters in 2010 and before that the last time we beat them was in a relegation playoff at the mount which i think may have been in 2005 when they were in NL2 the year before they came up but could be
wrong about the year?

Edited by buford t justice, 08 July 2012 - 09:49 PM.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#8 D4vid

D4vid
  • Facebook
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:14 PM

Hopefully i will be made redundant this week. How much does their full back want to coves for us?
with the forwards we have we will not let them bully us as usual. And if we close down Yere and that full back then we have more than a chance. 25-24 to us.
Moore with a drop in the last 5 when we are 24-6 up.

#9 D4vid

D4vid
  • Facebook
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:35 PM

Hopefully i will be made redundant this week. How much does their full back want to cover for us?
with the forwards we have we will not let them bully us as usual. And if we close down Yere and that full back then we have more than a chance. 25-24 to us.
Moore with a drop in the last 5 when we are 24-6 up.

#10 Eagletarian

Eagletarian
  • Coach
  • 4,594 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:02 AM

What are you on about????? Are you hoping that your glum postings will turn from negative to positive??? Why not? After all it is the Boss against the Apprentice.......A lot of Eagle fans still favour the Boss, i'm not one of them......The Sugar Daddy will win this one...............
Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

Posted Image

#11 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:23 AM

What are you on about????? Are you hoping that your glum postings will turn from negative to positive??? Why not? After all it is the Boss against the Apprentice.......A lot of Eagle fans still favour the Boss, i'm not one of them......The Sugar Daddy will win this one...............

I am supremely confident that we will win this one! And the winning margin by Batley will coincidentally be exactly the same number as the away support from the Seagulls! Dogs by 14 B)

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#12 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:49 AM

According to the League Express Yere is a doubt for this one..

somehow don't think so!

#13 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:10 AM

According to the League Express Yere is a doubt for this one..

somehow don't think so!

BORROX!!! As I heard the man in the kitchen of China Garden shout when he dropped his wok,
SIGNATURE

#14 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,803 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:18 AM

Correct. We beat them in the NRC quarters in 2010 and before that the last time we beat them was in a relegation playoff at the mount which i think may have been in 2005 when they were in NL2 the year before they came up but could be
wrong about the year?

Yes, you are. It was as long ago as 2003.

And we got promoted in 2006 - though the first season up was 2007, which is presumably what was meant.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#15 RogerT

RogerT
  • Coach
  • 291 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:21 PM

Looks like a bus load coming from Sheffield, a mini bus. On their site on another forum they fancy themselves, I think it will be close as well, there is only RFF sort of thinking we might do it and he's a Fev fan.

Sod the tele I'll be there come rain, shine or whatever.

#16 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:32 PM

Yes, you are. It was as long ago as 2003.

And we got promoted in 2006 - though the first season up was 2007, which is presumably what was meant.

Thanks for correcting me, i knew it happened, but wins over sheffield dont come along that often, the only other win i can recall was the 8-6 win in the regal trophy back in the 90s, but surely there must have been some in between.

We are certainly due a win!

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#17 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:11 PM

The good thing about not beating them in many moons is its gotta change sometime, just look at Andy Murry........ oh hang on a mo!

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#18 MOONEY

MOONEY
  • Coach
  • 937 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:23 PM

Surprisingly feeling confident about this game if we have virtually the same side as played against leigh.

Dogs 38
Eagles 18

#19 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:46 PM

We'll win this one. Comfortably.

Batley 30 Sheffield 16.

#20 vitocorleone

vitocorleone
  • Coach
  • 677 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:22 PM

We'll win this one. Comfortably.

Batley 30 Sheffield 16.

Hate this fixture, definite defeat on cards here.

Batley 20-24 Sheffield.

Att 775

Hope I`m Wrong though.