RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

2013 Squad

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#21 houndpup

houndpup
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:37 PM

was that him when we played oldham down there ,kept av crack with town fans

#22 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,573 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:40 PM

Think you can add Matty officially now wonky...

#23 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

Updated 1/10/12
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#24 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,573 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

I was thinking of young Dawes . I take it he was on a two yearer? Be like having a new player , had a bit of a tough time in a game at full back early on but looks like a more than handy winger . That squad is getting a tasty look .

Edited by DavidM, 01 October 2012 - 07:00 PM.

#25 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

Yeah he's on a 2 year deal. Were still desperate for a strong winger with experience.

#26 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,573 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

Aye we all know about forwards in this league , but you still need pace and strike out wide to take advantage of their work . We've been very reliant for that on Brett n Eliot so we need a couple more pacy try scoring backs to spread the load. Your shout on Ade Gardner would be perfect , and Keith's lad from Hull . Aim high ! No one mentioning Calders , would we take him on if he said I like it here I wanna stay ???

Edited by DavidM, 01 October 2012 - 07:41 PM.

#27 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 266 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

I heard at work there's a signing from a super league academy ment to be decent player
bluewhitearmy

#28 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,265 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:30 AM

Sounds like Lupton will be here for next season, which is hopefully good news if he can get and play to his ability. Also, we are looking down under for players, a prop and half would be more than useful

“We have a strong spine at nine [Mattinson], one [Carter] and six [Peter Lupton], and we have something very good to build around,” added Charlton.

http://www.timesands...errerPath=sport

#29 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,573 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:47 AM

He must know something on his injury and that's it's not gonna bite into next term as it seemed a few weeks back to say that . Lets hope . Get him fully fit n motivated and then judge the lad . Class is permanent but you can't show it till your fully able to . All the best to him .

#30 troutmaster

troutmaster
  • 787 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

I heard at work there's a signing from a super league academy ment to be decent player

hope it's adam wolne from salford,i think he is going to be a star performer next season and i hope its with town. ;)
:rolleyes:

;)
Posted Image

#31 troutmaster

troutmaster
  • 787 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

hope it's adam wolne from salford,i think he is going to be a star performer next season and i hope its with town. ;)

;)PS?young annakin will do just fine has well.

Posted Image

#32 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 266 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:15 PM

;)

Someone else to them two marra

bluewhitearmy

#33 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:23 AM

I think well see Chris again next year and petersen has been putting on twitter that he hopes to be back up

#34 Ben10

Ben10
  • Players
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

Ewan Dowes??

#35 troutmaster

troutmaster
  • 787 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

Ewan Dowes??

Hi Ben,i thought that ewan went to australia for a couple of years.I think he is a smart player ewan but he got a bit bogged down at hull fc but if he is fit he will be a very useful prop to have in your side.Hears hoping ben.
Posted Image

#36 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 613 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

Hi Ben,i thought that ewan went to australia for a couple of years.I think he is a smart player ewan but he got a bit bogged down at hull fc but if he is fit he will be a very useful prop to have in your side.Hears hoping ben.

hes home now uncle baz. heard he could be on his way to Egremont Rangers, hes good mates with a lad who plays for Egremont. also heard hes on his way here but just rumours....

#37 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

This needs updating again.... Morris and Mossop to add.
"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#38 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,441 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:17 PM

Is Forber not signed on for next season?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#39 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,573 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:37 PM

You would think given that he's up here they'd take him on as a relatively inexpensive squad player for cover . He should spend the offseason practicing his passing , sharpening it up and passing just as well and as often left to right as his favoured right to left , and his in play kicking .

Edited by DavidM, 10 October 2012 - 02:44 PM.

#40 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 939 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

You would think given that he's up here they'd take him on as a relatively inexpensive squad player for cover . He should spend the offseason practicing his passing , sharpening it up and passing just as well and as often left to right as his favoured right to left , and his in play kicking .

Poor lad you've only left tackling out! I thought he played well towards the end of the season when he got a run of games. I wasn't his biggest fan tbh but he definately changed my mind.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users