TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Hemel Stags ground updates (merged threads)

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#101 Stag Fan

Stag Fan
  • Coach
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:48 AM

Just a quick question: don't the stadium requirements for Championship One specify covered seating, or at least some cover for spectators?

There is a minimum requirement, and the roof situation is in hand and should be completed over the next 8 weeks (fingers crossed)
Posted Image

www.hemelstags.com

Welcome to this world Harry, 5lb 2oz and fighting fit.

#102 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:44 AM

Here is the stadium not far from my house and it is just a college stadium and its on a campus which mostly is just to the left of the stadium.

Posted Image

That's impressive, college "football" and basketball in the US is as big as many professional sports around the world, in terms of TV coverage and spectators.

#103 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:00 PM

That's impressive, college "football" and basketball in the US is as big as many professional sports around the world, in terms of TV coverage and spectators.

Largely because they are professional.

#104 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:15 PM

Here is the stadium not far from my house and it is just a college stadium and its on a campus which mostly is just to the left of the stadium.

Posted Image

Wouldn't get the club into Championship One - no roof!
"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#105 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:15 PM

Looks awesome! Fantastic stuff Hemel!
"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

#106 Hemel Rugby League

Hemel Rugby League
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:56 AM

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:24 PM
Great job well done, small steps is the way to go both on and off the field. Is it just me or does that stand look like something you'd see at a US college campus?

Those of you who followed the beach volleyball at Horseguards Parade will have seen our very own stand there.

#107 Kenny Bania

Kenny Bania
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:20 AM

Largely because they are professional.

Ish. The players are supposed to be amateurs. But a lot of them do appear to have very nice cars and big houses that would be well out of the reach of the average student. I wonder why.

Far more importantly though, further progress was made at Pennine Way this weekend. Operation Clean Up Job is well underway!

Edited by Kenny Bania, 20 August 2012 - 09:13 AM.

#108 Stag Fan

Stag Fan
  • Coach
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:54 PM

Ish. The players are supposed to be amateurs. But a lot of them do appear to have very nice cars and big houses that would be well out of the reach of the average student. I wonder why.

Far more importantly though, further progress was made at Pennine Way this weekend. Operation Clean Up Job is well underway!

And a good start was made. Well done to those that helped.
Posted Image

www.hemelstags.com

#109 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

I don't think this has been posted elsewhere.

Hemel have been posting photos on Twitter this week showing progress on their latest ground development.

Roof arrives: https://twitter.com/...706407004278784

Progress: https://twitter.com/...797486600859648

Steel frame almost complete: https://twitter.com/...516826866384896

Looking good!

#110 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

But, but, but you can't build in the championships....

#111 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

They're going to have access to a crackin little ground once the roof is up.  I think Hemel could do well in the professional leagues.  They have started out with some grit on the field as well, which will help.

#112 jpmc

jpmc
  • Coach
  • 577 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

Thanks for the pictures.
Great little story this,a club that started laying foundations years ago and are now ready for the pro ranks.Hopefully its onwards and upwards for them and they continue to make the right decisions at the right times

#113 Stag Fan

Stag Fan
  • Coach
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:37 AM

The steels are up and the roof will be covered on Friday, winds permitting. All ready for Tuesday night visit by North Wales Crusaders.

BIDqVa1CAAE5EBJjpglarge_zps5d58b2d7.jpg

Posted Image

www.hemelstags.com

#114 Stag Fan

Stag Fan
  • Coach
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:41 AM

Sorry MH just noticed yoiu had started a seperate topic.

Posted Image

www.hemelstags.com

#115 Stag Fan

Stag Fan
  • Coach
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:43 AM

First we have been delayed by the very wet weather, and today the winds are high so the covering will go on Tomorrow (Friday).

Posted Image

www.hemelstags.com

#116 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

Sorry MH just noticed yoiu had started a seperate topic.

No problem. I knew the roof was imminent so I've been keeping an eye on the Stag's Twitter and Facebook accounts. I noticed the photos this week but also that nothing had been posted here.

It has been a long term vision but the Stags are finally building themselves a rugby league stadium, and that is worth commenting on. The strength of Hemel's approach has always been about permanence. Building the clubhouse all those years ago was a statement that the club was there for the long term; it wasn't just a group of guys who formed a team that would fold when they collectively reached the end of their playing days. The stand is a similar bold act: we are in the semi-pro game, and we're here for good!

Is that it for ground development in terms of spectator facilities for the time being? Or are there any plans for covered terracing on the opposite side?

#117 Stag Fan

Stag Fan
  • Coach
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:28 AM

No problem. I knew the roof was imminent so I've been keeping an eye on the Stag's Twitter and Facebook accounts. I noticed the photos this week but also that nothing had been posted here.

It has been a long term vision but the Stags are finally building themselves a rugby league stadium, and that is worth commenting on. The strength of Hemel's approach has always been about permanence. Building the clubhouse all those years ago was a statement that the club was there for the long term; it wasn't just a group of guys who formed a team that would fold when they collectively reached the end of their playing days. The stand is a similar bold act: we are in the semi-pro game, and we're here for good!

Is that it for ground development in terms of spectator facilities for the time being? Or are there any plans for covered terracing on the opposite side?

Thats it on the spectator side, this week the turnstiles will be going in, then a video gantry on the far side will be next and just as important reinstatement of the site.

Posted Image

www.hemelstags.com

#118 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:08 AM

Thats it on the spectator side, this week the turnstiles will be going in, then a video gantry on the far side will be next and just as important reinstatement of the site.

Video gantry will be good. Showing the stand (and spectators) in all its glory will enhance the match coverage on DeeTV no end.

#119 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 514 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

I'm so proud of Hemel, best thing to happen to RL since Brett Kenney signe door Wigan......so so so well done. Best of luck from everybody.

HH - part of the heartlands !

#120 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:51 PM

Indeed.

Hemel look like they belong in the semi-pro ranks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users