Beginner

• Please log in to reply
558 replies to this topic

#541 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:29 PM

Firmly in rest mode for the next few days. Smashed out 30 miles over the last week with a 14-mile run around Ruilsip Woods and a 16-mile run around Downham Market completed in the last 6 days. The 16-miler was hard work having not fully recovered from the hills around Ruislip. Managed to complete in 2hr 27mins so a decent pace. I am sure adrenalin will push me round Kielder a bit quicker than that but looking in decent nick for marathon on 5 Oct...

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#542 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,215 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:01 PM

220 mile walk in 2 weeks.... ah ######! 

Should be fun!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#543 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:55 AM

220 mile walk in 2 weeks.... ah ######! 

Should be fun!

Where's that BR?

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#544 stimpo-and-kat

stimpo-and-kat
  • Coach
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:10 AM

Quick ride this morning. 13.7 miles in 44.30. 18.6mph average. Now on 500km for the month and weight hovering around 15st

#545 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,215 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:31 AM

Where's that BR?

John Muir Trail - Yosemite to Mount Whitney in California.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#546 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:27 PM

John Muir Trail - Yosemite to Mount Whitney in California.

Uffff.... that sounds awesome - uber jealous! Are you climbing Whitney?

#547 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,215 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:32 PM

Uffff.... that sounds awesome - uber jealous! Are you climbing Whitney?

Finishes on top of Whitney...walking not climbing...though I might be on hands and knees by there....

#548 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:44 PM

Finishes on top of Whitney...walking not climbing...though I might be on hands and knees by there....

You'll be fine! It's amazing how far the human body can actually push itself with the right attitude, a bit of determination and the right motivation...

Good luck though - really jealous and remember "pain is just weakness leaving the body!" :)

#549 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,215 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:51 PM

You'll be fine! It's amazing how far the human body can actually push itself with the right attitude, a bit of determination and the right motivation...

Good luck though - really jealous and remember "pain is just weakness leaving the body!" :)

Pain is ok...its the blisters, bears, mountain lions, drought, forest fires, lightning, bears, no pubs, no toilets, hills, bears that worry me more...

#550 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:33 PM

Pain is ok...its the blisters, bears, mountain lions, drought, forest fires, lightning, bears, no pubs, no toilets, hills, bears that worry me more...

I'll give you the 'no pubs' one, but 'no toilets'...?! If one of those bears you discuss can ###### in the woods, surely you can as well? Just hopefully not next to it... :)

#551 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,215 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:33 PM

I'll give you the 'no pubs' one, but 'no toilets'...?! If one of those bears you discuss can ###### in the woods, surely you can as well? Just hopefully not next to it... :)

I meant no lovely seats... the relaxing 10 minutes reading a book.... 

The plan was simple... Came back from Nepal at 120Kgs, lose another 10kgs, plenty of day hikes and a few multiday walks to get happy with my kit.  I've put on 16kgs, done 2 day walks and no multiday's....

I like doing things the hard way obviously...

#552 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:00 PM

I meant no lovely seats... the relaxing 10 minutes reading a book.... 

The plan was simple... Came back from Nepal at 120Kgs, lose another 10kgs, plenty of day hikes and a few multiday walks to get happy with my kit.  I've put on 16kgs, done 2 day walks and no multiday's....

I like doing things the hard way obviously...

Dig a hole man and squat... a 10-min read in a stress position! :)

Clearly no cuff is too tough for you BR! You'll be 'reet I am sure...

#553 JonM

JonM
  • Players
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:28 PM

Was in Yosemite for 3 days last week and drove past Mt Whitney on our way to Death Valley. I think the heat and altitude are the things you should be worrying about :-) Although there are plenty of forest fires in the area, all over TV news in California. Best of luck.

#554 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:40 PM

Don't forget the bears!

North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

#555 henage

henage
  • Coach
  • 153 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:13 AM

Im in the zone for Saturdays Parkrun , 24.15 hopefully , happy with 24.30 -  25.00 would be good .

#556 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:16 PM

Im in the zone for Saturdays Parkrun , 24.15 hopefully , happy with 24.30 -  25.00 would be good .

Had a sore foot this week, so no idea what's going to happen tomorrow.

North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

#557 henage

henage
  • Coach
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:00 PM

24.39 happy with time worked hard second lap . Off to Cayton bay now , bit of bodyboarding .

#558 henage

henage
  • Coach
  • 153 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:38 PM

Back from Cayton , superb surf for bodyboarding , in the sea from about 9.30 until 3.30 ish  proper knackered .

#559 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,215 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:40 PM

Don't forget the bears!

I need to add earthquakes to my list...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users