Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

5K run on a treadmill

Beginner

• Please log in to reply
609 replies to this topic

#601 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,124 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:34 PM

I managed to suffer food poisioning on a recent trip to Poland; spent the entire night with it coming out both ends and my head spinning around like the Exorcist. It's taking me ages to recover; tried a run tonight and only managed 2.5miles before desperately feeling hungry. 2.5 weeks out from the marathon and I am in rag order... 26.2miles should be fun then!

Have you tried using rehydration sachets to get your salt balance back under control? Food poisoning like that will throw all your electrolytes/salts out of balance and is going to take a while to get back in order. Your kidneys will be doing there best to maintain balance but a little boost from your diet may well help speed things up.

28m391z.jpg

#602 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,307 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:37 PM

I successfully completed the Chesterfield Half Marathon in 1hr 56, not quick but happy to get round under 2 hours given the lack of training.

Injury seems sorted, so back to full-on training.

North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

#603 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,307 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:39 PM

I've completed my first full weeks training in over 16 weeks, over the pigging moon.

Monday 8 miles, yoga and spin
Tuesday double spin
Wednesday spin
Thursday spin
Friday rest
Saturday double spin
Sunday 11.5 miles

Made up after so many false starts with injuries.

Today's run was my longest run since the half marathon end of may this year.

Should be okay for the 1/2 marathon in Warrington next Sunday now.

Everything crossed.

Good luck, may mate Stephen is doing this one having done the GNR and Chesterfield Half in the last two weeks then rounding off September with the Robin Hood Half in Nottingham - 4 in 4 weeks...

North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

#604 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,526 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:21 AM

Good luck, may mate Stephen is doing this one having done the GNR and Chesterfield Half in the last two weeks then rounding off September with the Robin Hood Half in Nottingham - 4 in 4 weeks...

Thank you - I've not done a thing this week..... Looking forward to Sunday and give it my all

#605 stimpo-and-kat

stimpo-and-kat
  • Coach
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:17 AM

Nearly hit by a car last night on way home. Inches in it. Made it home with shaky legs. Back on it this morning though

#606 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,867 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:10 AM

Nearly hit by a car last night on way home. Inches in it. Made it home with shaky legs. Back on it this morning though

Not a nice feeling is it. Stay safe.

Fides invicta triumphat

#607 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,654 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:21 AM

Been a bit lax in the last few weeks; this working away lark is playing havoc, but next week I'm in a hotel with a decent, if small, gym so I will aim to get at least three sessions in. 

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#608 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 01:15 PM

Have you tried using rehydration sachets to get your salt balance back under control? Food poisoning like that will throw all your electrolytes/salts out of balance and is going to take a while to get back in order. Your kidneys will be doing there best to maintain balance but a little boost from your diet may well help speed things up.

I use dioralyte in my training schedule already but haven't had any since my food poisoning. I actually went out running on Wed evening and managed to blast 5 miles in about 37mins on a very hilly route and felt very good at the end. So I think I am roughly back in sync after hovering up a load of food over the last few days. I guess we'll see up in Kielder but thanks for the suggestion.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#609 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,124 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 01:16 PM

Played badminton last and lost every game. My serve had gone to pot and I was up against a lot of the good match players. Bit demoralising having them run me round the court then bounce the shuttle off my head. If this continues we will be having words.

On the plus side I am all psyched up for my 2nd ever park run tomorrow. Assuming I arrive on time and don't start several minutes after everyone else I am hoping for a PB.

28m391z.jpg

#610 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,124 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:34 PM

Second park run completed and three minutes quicker than last week. Still a lot of work to do and I will never be a natural runner but happy enough to still be alive at the finish line so all positive.

28m391z.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users