Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Featherstone V Swinton.Sun12thAug.3pm KO

Match Thread

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Match Prediction (38 member(s) have cast votes)

Win, Lose or Draw

1. Voted Featherstone To Win (35 votes [92.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 92.11%

2. Swinton To Win (1 votes [2.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.63%

3. Draw (2 votes [5.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

Fantastic result

Fev 86-12 Swinton

MoM Tangi Ropati

Attendance - 2041 I think?

To be fair Swinton played well and never gave up, they never resulted to dirty tactics and played well throughout the game. Their tries were all well taken. The number 11 swinton player looked up after I shouted "well done Swinton" after their third try thinking I was being sarcastic but credit to every Swinton player they never gave up or stopped trying especiaily the blonde haired guy and their number 9 .

Credit to the referee also who let the game flow and contributed to a great game
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#22 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:49 PM

To be fair Swinton played well and never gave up

Amazing how different we see a game

For me 'played well' and 'never gave up' dont belong in the same sentence for me - they got trounched 86-12

I thought Swinton were the worst team to come here this season (even worse than Hunslet) which is a shame as i expected better than they served up, they were so many times caught too narrow it was embarrassing at times and we consequently killed them out wide

No more than training session at times for our lads

Edited by elppaxr2i, 12 August 2012 - 08:51 PM.

#23 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:54 PM

For me 'played well' and 'never gave up' dont belong in the same sentence for me - they got trounched 86-12

I thought Swinton were the worst team to come here this season (even worse than Hunslet) which is a shame as i expected better than they served up, they were so many times caught too narrow it was embarrassing at times and we consequently killed them out wide

Thats a bit harsh.But im not saying its wrong or right im just saying i thought we were good today too though {Maybe the best we have played all season? I will leave that question for you guys as i could be wrong too}.

Edited by thundergaz, 12 August 2012 - 08:54 PM.

#24 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,997 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:00 PM

i happen to think their full back was a decent player, but it must have seemed like facing a firing squad today. every time we broke the line we seemed to have 3 on 1.i didn't envy him.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#25 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:00 AM

As A lions Fan i totally agree.!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users