Photo
- - - - -

Sheffield V Featherstone.Thurs16thAug.7.30pm

Match Thread

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

Poll: Match Prediction (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Win, Lose or Draw

1. Sheffield To Win (2 votes [4.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.44%

2. Voted Featherstone To WIn (38 votes [84.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 84.44%

3. Draw (5 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:49 PM

reluctant to pin point individuals ,on big decision making and niggly errors coming from players of experience ,but tiredness and giving 110% every game could be having its effect .

defending those penalties in the first 20 is bound to have an effect in the last 20
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#42 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:49 PM

We didnt deserve to win, but had the game won at 28-18, we let them back into it with silly errors and descision making

The weeks rest has come at a good time for us, a few can recharge the batteries as tiredness looks to be creeping in

We will certainly be refreshed for Keighley

#43 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 732 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:02 PM

defending those penalties in the first 20 is bound to have an effect in the last 20

exactly it also killed us at blackpool ,it needs addressing if we get to the gf , but weve got the main title" league leaders" (for me ) for the 3rd year in the bag just about,no diss respect to keighley intended. but sure dp whose the best coach weve ever had in my opinion wil have it covered,

#44 micngill

micngill
  • Coach
  • 300 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

Looked to me as if we had to play the second half with only 2 subs as both Chappell and England didn't appear after halftime. Not too disappointed with a bit more work in defence, we may have snatched it.

#45 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:26 PM

referee did nothing wrong tonight. senior players giving silly penalties away didn't help, and how come they kept scooting from dummy half when we had 2 markers. markers have a job to do, not go there for a rest.

Im not putting up with that back chat on this forum! im gonna buy a Wakefield season ticket... that'll show you :angry:

Cummins Out.

#46 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:46 PM

Can anyone confirm if thundergaz is at the game tonight?? :(

No im afraid - someone left the baby gate latch on in his house and he couldnt get down the stairs

#47 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:58 PM

Beeeatch's are out tonight with their catty comments! :)
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#48 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:26 AM

referee did nothing wrong tonight. senior players giving silly penalties away didn't help, and how come they kept scooting from dummy half when we had 2 markers. markers have a job to do, not go there for a rest.

I have got to say I have been impressed with the discipline of other teams, we are one of the best teams in the league as the table shows, yet despite this teams are managing to stay with us and barely commit an infringement. It is truly inspiring!!!

For a team to only commit 3 offences in the whole game either technical or foul play is special!!!

Now sarcasm apart sheffield were getting off the floor much quicker than us hence giving enabling them to scoot from dummy half and making our markers look lazy. For me that is something that needs addressing I think we have to take it on ourselves to get up quicker cos we certainly are not going to get any penalties for holding down.

It was also interesting that Sheffield got pinged twice for offside in 5 mins yet were never offside the rest of the match. Oh and not forgetting the touch judge for coming on and spotting Stuart had his arm round the tackled players throat, he should be commended because his interventions clearly had an effect on the Sheffield players as they did not touch a player above the shoulder all game!!! top marks to Mr hewer for not splitting hairs over the old being carried into touch rule, they carried us in to touch after he had shouted held and we got a PLAY THE BALL five yards back, cant grumble with that, very generous. And off course it would have he had to pull Greg for that horrific tackle in the air as unlike the one in the first half were Tangi was tackled in the air, Gregg used his left arm ! Silly lad he should know its fine to have a little grab as long as its the right arm, hes young so he will learn.

also in the last minute when he gave a pen to sheff for their Knock on again fair call, its just not british grabbing hold of some one trying to deal with such a tricky ball.

And what was the Video ref doing at the end talking Hewer out of giving them a penalty after the final whistle, I thought that was very tough on Sheffield and Hewers lack of courage cost them :lol:

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

#49 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:21 AM

All down to the ref then. :lol:
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#50 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:30 AM

I have got to say I have been impressed with the discipline of other teams, we are one of the best teams in the league as the table shows, yet despite this teams are managing to stay with us and barely commit an infringement. It is truly inspiring!!!

For a team to only commit 3 offences in the whole game either technical or foul play is special!!!

Now sarcasm apart sheffield were getting off the floor much quicker than us hence giving enabling them to scoot from dummy half and making our markers look lazy. For me that is something that needs addressing I think we have to take it on ourselves to get up quicker cos we certainly are not going to get any penalties for holding down.

It was also interesting that Sheffield got pinged twice for offside in 5 mins yet were never offside the rest of the match. Oh and not forgetting the touch judge for coming on and spotting Stuart had his arm round the tackled players throat, he should be commended because his interventions clearly had an effect on the Sheffield players as they did not touch a player above the shoulder all game!!! top marks to Mr hewer for not splitting hairs over the old being carried into touch rule, they carried us in to touch after he had shouted held and we got a PLAY THE BALL five yards back, cant grumble with that, very generous. And off course it would have he had to pull Greg for that horrific tackle in the air as unlike the one in the first half were Tangi was tackled in the air, Gregg used his left arm ! Silly lad he should know its fine to have a little grab as long as its the right arm, hes young so he will learn.

also in the last minute when he gave a pen to sheff for their Knock on again fair call, its just not british grabbing hold of some one trying to deal with such a tricky ball.

And what was the Video ref doing at the end talking Hewer out of giving them a penalty after the final whistle, I thought that was very tough on Sheffield and Hewers lack of courage cost them :lol:

i hope Daryl doesn't see the game in the same light, otherwise he will never address the faults.
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#51 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,281 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:32 AM

i hope Daryl doesn't see the game in the same light, otherwise he will never address the faults.

Kellington's daftest said exactly the same last night. Sometimes he gets stuff right! Amazing!!! :lol:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#52 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:34 AM

Apart from the king of refs Warren Turley, the refs weve had have been god awful.

Last night was no different, theyre only watching Fev.

I lost count how many times they used the neck as a lever (and putting in a chicken wing style grapple on Maloney) but the poison dwarf isnt interested in watching for these.

But hey, as long as we have good enough linesmen to run onto the pitch to tell the ref that a player is holding down and headbutting oppositions boots, who am I to complain.

Cummins Out.

#53 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:12 PM

Well, I watched the game again on TV when I got home and In my opinion Mr Hewer got every penalty decision spot on. At times we are our own worst enemy and last night was one of them. 16-0 up and refusing a kick at goal in front of the posts followed shortly after by a clear ball steal which led to their first try, set the rot in.

Edited by Terry Mullaney, 17 August 2012 - 12:14 PM.

Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#54 ROVERS83

ROVERS83
  • Coach
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:32 PM

its the inconsistency amongst the refs thats getting me down-last night had two or thjree glaring inconstencies which ultimately cost us along with a pi88 poor ten minute spell in second half

Edited by ROVERS83, 17 August 2012 - 12:33 PM.

is there life beyond fev--- andy thorpe

#55 stuart56

stuart56
  • Coach
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:34 PM

Well, I watched the game again on TV when I got home and In my opinion Mr Hewer got every penalty decision spot on. At times we are our own worst enemy and last night was one of them. 16-0 up and refusing a kick at goal in front of the posts followed shortly after by a clear ball steal which led to their first try, set the rot in.

I agree with this Terry. The decisions he made you couldn't on the whole argue with BUT he was let down by his touch judges. As a little exercise I counted 7 p-t-bs on the trot that Henderson never made it back to the defensive line. This was out of many others. He turned about a yard short and was off like a whippet. With his red head gear he stands out quite well and I can't believe that the TJs didn't pick up on this.

Mind you I also think if Premier had had a camera coming over my shoulder Mr Smith might not have been so understanding about my view of Andy's hand on the defenders back. :rolleyes:
< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >

#56 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:49 PM

I agree with this Terry. The decisions he made you couldn't on the whole argue with BUT he was let down by his touch judges. As a little exercise I counted 7 p-t-bs on the trot that Henderson never made it back to the defensive line. This was out of many others. He turned about a yard short and was off like a whippet. With his red head gear he stands out quite well and I can't believe that the TJs didn't pick up on this.

Mind you I also think if Premier had had a camera coming over my shoulder Mr Smith might not have been so understanding about my view of Andy's hand on the defenders back. :rolleyes:

the TJs are responsible for offside at the ptb, but you can stand offside all night long and as long as you don't become involved you won't be called offside. stupid rule, but it is the rule.
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#57 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:13 PM

I complained about some decisions that the ref made but when watching it on tv they were correct although he did miss some Its funny how you see it different when you watch it on TV As for the off side henderson didn't get back most of the night and he never does but gets away with it. But I don't blame the ref for it the touch judges should help him out with that rule Anyway it's gone now onwards and upwards for the last match

#58 stuart56

stuart56
  • Coach
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:58 PM

the TJs are responsible for offside at the ptb, but you can stand offside all night long and as long as you don't become involved you won't be called offside. stupid rule, but it is the rule.

Believe me Andrew Henderson was getting involved. Many refs will blow immediately if you turn early and don't make the ten. Some will wait to see if there is interference. I don't blame Henderson. You get away with what you are allowed, but IMO it affected the game. If I had been a neutral it would almost have been funny because he stood out like a swan vesta in a box of tooth picks.
< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >

#59 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:04 PM

Believe me Andrew Henderson was getting involved. Many refs will blow immediately if you turn early and don't make the ten. Some will wait to see if there is interference. I don't blame Henderson. You get away with what you are allowed, but IMO it affected the game. If I had been a neutral it would almost have been funny because he stood out like a swan vesta in a box of tooth picks.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#60 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,275 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:04 PM

me too.
In fact I hardly noticed the ref.
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users