Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Premier Sports 2013

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#41 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 313 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

Here's what is posted on Premier Sports TV web site today:

Posted Image

So the bad news is we don't know if and when they will get the rights.
The good news? Well maybe if they do get the rights we might know where we stand until 2017.

Yeah I saw this,it does say 2/3 weeks and they are in the third week week now,so hopefully by Friday we may know either way?

The live sport TV online streaming doesn't look much cop to me,has anybody had it?

#42 Stoney100

Stoney100
  • Coach
  • 120 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:57 AM

Yeah I saw this,it does say 2/3 weeks and they are in the third week week now,so hopefully by Friday we may know either way?

The live sport TV online streaming doesn't look much cop to me,has anybody had it?

I have Live TV Online Streaming - it's Ok for me (sometimes can play up) I can go back and replay any of last years match's if I want also I can watch it when I want on my terms I think it is Ok but depends on the individual.

#43 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,938 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

I watched online recordings three seasons ago as a subscriber, but the quality wasn't as good and there was a delay in seeing the games.
OK that's not the same as streaming, but not everybody has a good enough internet speed to get frustration free viewing of streamed games.

ARLForumstrap2014_zps302d9d20.jpg   

*************** Disciple of Experience **************

#44 redbeckroad

redbeckroad
  • Coach
  • 314 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

I spoke to premier sports today(0871 663 9000) and they said they'll know next week. I explained that I'd no idea there was a chance of them not covering NRL in the coming season and if I'd known I would have cancelled my subscription thro' the winter and re applied if and when they decided to cover NRL.
When I explained that I watched nothing other than RL on the channel he knocked my subscription down to £3.99 per month for the next 3 months, Better than a kick in the butt.

#45 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

Anyone taking out a subscription with Premier Sports should take a look at the Lovebowls.com website. They are covering bowls on PS this year and are offering a full years subscription for £80. All the links for subscribing are on there and £20 of your £80 goes to a bowls club of your choice for youth development. If they get NRL then that's a good package price.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#46 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 465 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

the suspense is killing me! It's taking a little of the excitement off the start of the NRL season not knowing how I'm going to be watching it.
I'm not sure ESPN are going to keep their current sports channels in the UK, it's still undecided apparently so I doubt they've bid - if they have and they win then I guess it means they're staying! BT Sports dont launch until July,I think, so it's not them. I guess that leaves Sky and Premier. If they had the same amount of games per week then I'd prefer it to be Sky (Premier's picture quality on a larger screen is very poor, well it is on my tv anyway) but I doubt they would show that many.
C'mon tv rights people - put us out of our misery!

#47 Railway End

Railway End
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

I hope it stays with Premier Sports so I can get my fix of 5/6 games a week. If Sky were to get it we'd be lucky to see 2 (delayed) games a week unless they are looking to fill up their F1 channel.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

#48 Stoney100

Stoney100
  • Coach
  • 120 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

Not sure what is happening with all this but the Livesport.tv says that they will be not showing the 2013 NRL Season

http://www.nrl.livesport.tv/home

I was all ready for it to begin but now am in the same boat as every one else just waiting for some news and will then sign up :wub:

#49 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,778 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

If we take a look at the options here -

Premier Sports - They signed up for a 3 year deal last time, so a 4 year one isn't totally out of the question. It depends with the new rights negotiators if they are playing hardball or not. Premier may well have got them for dirt cheap last time - plus it was technically sharing with Sky. We don't know how well they do in the viewing figures, but I guess a lot of people subscribe to them purely for RL.

ESPN - Unlikely. It's quite likely ESPN UK is set to wind down it's operation here (ESPN America and Classic will probably stay). It looks like they are going to sell their last major rights - the FA Cup with 1 year left to run - to BT.

BT- Unknown quantity - NRL would be cheap (for them) filler. They won't particularly care that their channel will launch in the middle of the NRL season, as they'll have the playoffs and Grand Final to launch with. That said, I think it's not exactly likely but their strategy has been hard to predict so it can't be ruled out.

SKY - They love the big events - State of Origin, playoffs, final - but don't seem to be interested enough to commit to the whole year. It could well be Sky are trying to wangle the same share deal as the past three years, but the negotiators may want an "all or nothing" stance. Pure speculation, but it would be interesting to see if Sky got the whole season for the big games at a price which would be cheap for them, but out of the reach of Premier.

Interesting to see what will happen, although the delay in an announcement implies there could be interest from other parties.
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#50 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

Ive seen Premier sports tweets that its 80/20 in favour of them retaining the NRL coverage and it would take a bit of a curveball for it not to stay with them.

Im hoping they can sort it in time for them to show the All Stars game on Saturday, Ive noticed that there is an NRL sized gap in their schedule for saturday morning where it currently states there is nothing scheduled. There are programmes before and after this 2 hour unscheduled slot though!

Fingers crossed!!

#51 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 465 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

I saw somewhere else that they'd know on Friday evening - bit short notice. I'd really really rather be able to watch in HD but if they do show all 8 games per round as I think they've suggested they will then I cant complain! What I did think was a bit naughty was that I notice their full page ad in RL World says 'LIVE NRL' and then gives you the number to subscribe - tsk tsk
I know it'd never happen but it'd be great if a freeview terrestial channel picked them up, show the country the gulf between the nrl and that boring old 6 nations <rude word here>. Then again there's no accounting for other people's bad taste....

#52 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

Ive seen Premier sports tweets that its 80/20 in favour of them retaining the NRL coverage and it would take a bit of a curveball for it not to stay with them.

Im hoping they can sort it in time for them to show the All Stars game on Saturday, Ive noticed that there is an NRL sized gap in their schedule for saturday morning where it currently states there is nothing scheduled. There are programmes before and after this 2 hour unscheduled slot though!

Fingers crossed!!

I think they're using the Premier Sports Extra channel (430) for 3 hours on Saturday morning - Irish football is showing on there between 7 and 10 am. I believe they have to use the second channel for a minimum number of hours per week, otherwise they lose the slot on the EPG which they might want to use more fully at a later point.

Having said all that, all the shows on Saturday morning appear to be re-runs - nothing that couldn't be moved at the last minute. They're still saying that we should hear something this week. I'm not too bothered if I miss the All-Stars game, but the prospect of being able to pick from all 8 matches would be worth the wait.

#53 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

I saw somewhere else that they'd know on Friday evening - bit short notice. I'd really really rather be able to watch in HD but if they do show all 8 games per round as I think they've suggested they will then I cant complain! What I did think was a bit naughty was that I notice their full page ad in RL World says 'LIVE NRL' and then gives you the number to subscribe - tsk tsk
I know it'd never happen but it'd be great if a freeview terrestial channel picked them up, show the country the gulf between the nrl and that boring old 6 nations <rude word here>. Then again there's no accounting for other people's bad taste....

Presumably the ad in RLW is pre booked for so many editions, and no-one has bothered to update it. It's still got all the old logos and refers to the Co-Op Championships.

#54 Cherry and White

Cherry and White
  • Coach
  • 2,406 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

latest tweet.

Premier Sports@PremierSportsTV
imagine there will be an announcement on NRL rights this week so keep an eye out for news in next 2-3 days.
HOLD ON TIGHT TO YOUR DREAM.

liverpool fc-rome 1977
wigan rl-wembley 1985
redsox-2004
GB RL-?????
Lancashire cricket 2011

#55 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 990 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

Hope I'm wrong,but hearing on twitter that B.T Vision might be getting the N.R.L this season,not a happy bunny !!

#56 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

Hope I'm wrong,but hearing on twitter that B.T Vision might be getting the N.R.L this season,not a happy bunny !!

I hope not, really like the exposure Premier Sprts give the NRL and cant see BT doing the same. But if it moves then its down to costs, ill cancel my Premier Sports subsription, and BT Sports will be available on Sky (apparently its listed at the moment as Sailing 1 and Sailing 2 on Sky channels in the 440s) so if the costs are similar then ill just move across.

Given that BT are going to be showing some Premier League matches though means im expecting it to be more, so I guess its down to how desperate I am for NRL on my TV. Really really enjoyed last season but not sure I can justify much of an increase in costs.

#57 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 465 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

Last I heard BT weren't going to launch until July so if they do get the rights we might not be seeing the first 4 months of the season on tv.Unless they sell that on to Premier. If they don't resell it though then I believe we can see every game live,for free,online as the nrl are doing that this year for countries without tv coverage

#58 Railway End

Railway End
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

I hope it stays with Premier but if BT Sport do get the rights, they would need to show the majority of the games each week to justify me becoming a customer.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

#59 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

I hope it stays with Premier but if BT Sport do get the rights, they would need to show the majority of the games each week to justify me becoming a customer.

if BT do get the rights, then i hope they get the rights for the champ also, could not be doing with having 3 separate subscriptions to watch 3 different leagues, seems a bit stupid, plus that would mean id probably end up forking out £60+ a month to watch them,. :angry:

#60 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,928 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

At least I can get bt :)
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx