Hunslet Hawks and Leeds Rhinos announce exciting new partnership

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#21 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,605 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:48 AM

If I ever turn up at sls and see glassback bailey playing for hunslet I'll be walking out and never returning

Sounds like Hunslet would be better off without you.So much for loyalty. :rolleyes:
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#22 HawkhillHawk

HawkhillHawk
  • Coach
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:53 AM

I'm not sure what to make of this really. Part of me is screaming NO!!!! and the other is thinking it might be the only way forward.

Much as it loathes me to accept any sort of "charity" from Hetherington what options have we got?

We can't survive on 400ish people attending per week and if we were to get relegated next season then I seriously think it would be the end of the club. There's no "Sugar Daddy" coming along anytime soon to plough money in so inevitably we're going to struggle to attract the calibre of player required to keep us up. I'd guess clubs will be throwing money at the playing budget next year to avoid relegation, we can't.

So with that in mind this is probably the best way forward. Hopefully we can improve the playing staff, coaching merchandising etc. If the team can be more competitive and attract more bums on seats then hopefully success will breed future success.

I do think the club or HIST need to clarify the details of the partnership. Leeds United have proven that if you don't communicate people just speculate and rumours spread without foundation.

#23 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:54 AM

Sounds like Hunslet would be better off without you.So much for loyalty. :rolleyes:

I go home and away clown.
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#24 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,605 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:03 AM

I go home and away clown.

What do you want, a medal.
So you go home and away,big deal.
Yet you're willing to walk away if Hunslet had a player you don't like.
Again so much for loyalty.
As for clown,is that it.
I read your posts on here and all you do is insult and belittle people,you must be very insecure.

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 20 August 2012 - 11:04 AM.

#25 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:09 AM

What do you want, a medal.
So you go home and away,big deal.
Yet you're willing to walk away if Hunslet had a player you don't like.
Again so much for loyalty.
As for clown,is that it.
I read your posts on here and all you do is insult and belittle people,you must be very insecure.

Yawn!!!!!!

Isn't there a whino site you can go on???

#26 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,605 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:13 AM

Yawn!!!!!!

Isn't there a whino site you can go on???

Is that it,no indepth explanation as to why you are willing to walk away from your club.
Technically this is now a Rhinos site.Partnership and all that. ;)

#27 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:24 AM

I don't have to explain myself to anyone and Deff not a whino. This is a Hunslet forum and always will be

#28 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,605 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:27 AM

I don't have to explain myself to anyone and Deff not a whino. This is a Hunslet forum and always will be

PMSL.
I look forward to more visits to SLS next season,to see my new second favourite team,should be fun if they are all like you.

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 20 August 2012 - 11:36 AM.

#29 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,871 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:45 AM

Wont Hunslet be moving into Headingley now?, bet you will all be wearing your Rhino tops in Morrisons on Sunday when your first teams wins on Saturday. :lol: :lol: :lol:

#30 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

Not really happy about this one,remember what happened to Bramley,the only reason Hetherington wants this one is because there is'nt enough leagues for all his players to play in,what with RFL (Red Hall) moving the goal posts once again.........At the end of the day the games f£$&3d in all leagues,just goes to prove that championship clubs ar'nt well thought of,Leeds are only doing this because theres somethink in it for them,...remember James Lowes

#31 HaroldShand

HaroldShand
  • Coach
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:11 PM

Beginning of the end, and a massive kick in the teeth to all those loyal fans who have helped your club survive testing times over the last decade or so. As Blackbeard recalls, Leeds teamed up with Bramley as a vehicle to keep their squad players fit and involved in competitive rugby. Look what happened to them......
What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

#32 Mycoe For Knighthood

Mycoe For Knighthood
  • Coach
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:13 PM

Blackboard and haroldshand I echo your comments! The beginning of the end!

#33 blackhawk

blackhawk

boxer boy

• Coach
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:32 PM

If I ever turn up at sls and see glassback bailey playing for hunslet I'll be walking out and never returning

not big fn of his then macca ? silly question i guess

#34 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:47 PM

not big fn of his then macca ? silly question i guess

Not a fan of his at all Barry. He's always 3rd or 4th man in with a cheap shot. He's nothing short of a thug. Makes gareth hock look like a top bloke

#35 james cunny

james cunny

maximus aurelius

• Coach
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:59 PM

At end of day with no finacial backing behind us there is not many options open to club really think people should get behind club and see what happens I haven't being to many games this season so can't really comment on how good we have being but from reading on here seems like no one wants to put with a another season like it so without a cash injection what other options is there?
Hunslet Hawks Champions 2010

#36 LONGMAN

LONGMAN
  • Coach
  • 824 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:08 PM

Not a fan of his at all Barry. He's always 3rd or 4th man in with a cheap shot. He's nothing short of a thug. Makes gareth hock look like a top bloke

Dont worry hes not likely ever to play for Hunslet as it will only be fringe players that do.

Its a pity you dont have players like him as your defence might tighten up.

p.s. Not a Rhinos fan

#37 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:18 PM

Dont worry hes not likely ever to play for Hunslet as it will only be fringe players that do.

Its a pity you dont have players like him as your defence might tighten up.

p.s. Not a Rhinos fan

I honestly think he'd spend most of the season banned if he played in the championship. S/l players seem to get away with a lot more than championship players

#38 LONGMAN

LONGMAN
  • Coach
  • 824 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:19 PM

Could be worse you could have joined up with Bramley, becoming a pair of has beans

#39 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,871 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:27 PM

Pity you didnt do this a couple of months ago, you could have had Webb as your fullback, shame he's leaving the Rhinos. :lol: :lol:

#40 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 769 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:42 PM

Leeds have nothing to gain from this so just accept it, as we will be using some of their players, that's all. Who would Leeds want of ours?
It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool
than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users