• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#41 Touchie

Touchie
  • Players
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:03 PM

How can HIST go through with this?

Sold the club down the river, the I in HIST is supposed to stand for independent.

How been in a so-called partnership with Leeds be classed as independent.

The S is supposed to stand for supporters, no real Hunslet fan would want to be in a partnership with Leeds

The T is supposed to stand for trust, I wouldn't trust Leeds in any involvement with Hunslet

RIP Hunslet Hawks 1973 - 2012

Edited by Touchie, 20 August 2012 - 03:11 PM.

#42 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:19 PM

wow 40 odd posts on this topic alone the forums never been so active cant wait for next season to start what the starting line ups will be is anyones guess but the place is buzzing with optimism will it have a bearing on season ticket sales who knows and what will the comments be if the Hawks are up there pushing for Featherstones title lol.
chappy

#43 RobinHoodHawk

RobinHoodHawk
  • Coach
  • 559 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:41 PM

'Can't think why anyone would want to closely associate themselves with a rival team that everyone hates & has hated for years! Doesn't make sense.
Why are the other committee members agreeing to it?
'

'Why no meeting to ask the members'.

'Why have the board not asked the members, they are just doing what they want without accountability'.

Just a few comments from genuine fans who loved the club - I'm sure there are a lot more who feel justifiably aggrieved at the total lack of communication and democracy displayed in this arrogant act.

As has been said previously 'the fans are the club' and they appear to have been totally ignored. I may not be a member of HIST but am a season ticket holder and follow the team away as well as home so am a stakeholder - therefore express my concern at this action .

#44 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:37 PM

I suggest you all stop throwing your toys out of the pram and see the partnership for what it really is...
Posted Image

#45 LENIN

LENIN
  • Coach
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:38 PM

yes why has this been agreed without hist asking its members

i have not this year paid my membership

so really i had no vote, but all the others who have paid will want to ask why no meeting to ask the members view

hist members pay and all members receive 1 vote

so my question stands
hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

#46 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,988 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:47 PM

I'm not sure what to make of this really. Part of me is screaming NO!!!! and the other is thinking it might be the only way forward.

Much as it loathes me to accept any sort of "charity" from Hetherington what options have we got?

We can't survive on 400ish people attending per week and if we were to get relegated next season then I seriously think it would be the end of the club. There's no "Sugar Daddy" coming along anytime soon to plough money in so inevitably we're going to struggle to attract the calibre of player required to keep us up. I'd guess clubs will be throwing money at the playing budget next year to avoid relegation, we can't.

So with that in mind this is probably the best way forward. Hopefully we can improve the playing staff, coaching merchandising etc. If the team can be more competitive and attract more bums on seats then hopefully success will breed future success.

I do think the club or HIST need to clarify the details of the partnership. Leeds United have proven that if you don't communicate people just speculate and rumours spread without foundation.

That's a brilliant post and i'm in full agreement with it.

"claryfying the details of the partnership" is essential to understanding what this is all about.

On the main forum it was suggested that this was nothing new, and that York were doing it.

Alarmingly York are below us in the table, and one York fan commented that the tie up (with Hull and cas?) "ruined their season".

This tie up needs to give some sort fillip to the club to keep them out of the "league of death" all other small traditional clubs are busting their guts to stay out of.

Even then I fear that to provide the club with players to keep the club in the Championship will end up with the club being more like Leeds "A".

But then again fears, hopes and comments are pretty throwaway stuff when surely the agreement has some sort of detail??

Can anyone help??

#47 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:56 PM

Alarmingly York are below us in the table, and one York fan commented that the tie up (with Hull and cas?) "ruined their season".

Its only alarming if you read it out of context. What I actually said was:

To be fair, if York had the same 4 lads on dual-reg week in week out this season, they probably wouldn't be bottom of the league.

York perhaps foolishly relied on dual-reg for a scrum half this season, resulting in Chris Thorman having no less than 9 (nine!) half back partners.

SL club recalls and injuries have ruined this season for York. I'd like to see them less reliant on it next year in such a prominent position.

And followed it up with:

Dual reg can be a good thing if used in the right way, but to be honest I didn't see anything wrong with month/season long loan deals. At least everybody knows where they are with a loan deal.

When York and Leeds had a partnership it was reasonably beneficial to both parties. Leeds gave us a full time Coach in Mick Cook as well as young players such as Peter Fox, Jason Golden & Austin Buchanan and in return they got Ian Kirke off us (whom was also training full time at Leeds while playing for York). Plus the obligatory annual pre-season friendly.

If Hunslet get something similar then I really don't see what they have to complain about... I also don't see why Gary Hetherington constantly gets labelled as the bad guy. He most certainly isn't.

Posted Image

#48 blackhawk

blackhawk

boxer boy

• Coach
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:05 PM

And followed it up with:

And followed it up with:

just sk the same Qto the eagles, they will give u an answer

#49 myrtleflamewhite

myrtleflamewhite
  • Coach
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:07 PM

Albert Goldthorpe will be turning in his grave

We've swept the seas before boys, unfortunately we never will again as Hunslet RLFC

Hunslet Rhinos onwards & upwards

Shocking

My God your ranting posts are unbelievable.
Firstly many Hunslet players have gone to Headingley over the decades, its time some came the other way & secondly I think you will find Albert Goldthorpe would have nothing to say, as to my knowledge two of his brothers who played for the Parksiders went on to play for Leeds as well including James who was secretary for Leeds.
Finally many clubs have taken advantage of this type of relationship, why not us, why should our club, who are not in the rudest of health not take advantage of this scheme? Pride goes before a fall, and I don't want Hunslet to take the fall. We have nothing that Leeds wants, but we can learn a lot from the way they run a club and their marketing expertise.

#50 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:09 PM

This is only a partnership not a merger. I can't say I'm doing cartwheels about them over the river having anything to do with us but if it's the onlyway we can keep going then were all just gonna have to accept it and move on
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#51 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

This is only a partnership not a merger. I can't say I'm doing cartwheels about them over the river having anything to do with us but if it's the onlyway we can keep going then were all just gonna have to accept it and move on

That's the spirit Maccca-6

#52 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

agree totally with the last 2 posts.
Posted Image

#53 pooliehawk

pooliehawk
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:38 PM

I really don't know what to say about this, a big part of me is totally gutted, and feels it won't be long before we are totally in the pocket, and allready had 4 text from friends who are fans, saying what's it like to be the are bitches.

At the same time I all so know we cant go on like we are doing, and it won't hurt to have players of the standard of the super league, and it could be a good thing for us.

But my over all feeling is that it is something I don't like, and it is some thing that I am not 100% happy about, and it is the dread were it might take it us in future years.

People know me i do come to as many games as possiable despite living in Hartlepool, I was there on Sunday with the kids, and was proud but gutted for the lads on Sunday, what I am trying to say, may be some of us, well fans have our selfs to blame, may be if the fans who don't a come has backed the club more, may be we would not be in e situation were we are link up with the ....

Oh by way I for one do not wish that lot the best of luck in the final, I for one ope they get there arsed kicked....

#54 whinobaiter

whinobaiter
  • Coach
  • 165 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:39 PM

REMEMBER BRAMLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I SUPPORT TWO TEAM'S HUNSLET HAWKS AND WHOEVER'S KICKING THE FCUK OUT OF THE RHINO'S

#55 Mycoe For Knighthood

Mycoe For Knighthood
  • Coach
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:39 PM

Why is it the only way we can keep going?

#56 Mycoe For Knighthood

Mycoe For Knighthood
  • Coach
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:41 PM

They loan us 4 kids who don't want to be here. How does that mean we survive as a club?

#57 Mycoe For Knighthood

Mycoe For Knighthood
  • Coach
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:45 PM

We have nothing Leeds wants? Are you quite sure? No super league 2nd team league and soon to be no super league academy league,were not gonna become Leeds feeder team? Baby rhinos? Think again...

#58 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:05 PM

Why is it the only way we can keep going?

Cause incase you've not noticed Hunslet aren't exactly rolling in money are we? We don't have thousands of fans rolling theo the gates anymore. Are you sure this is about your hate for the whinos or more to do with how your dad was treat?
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#59 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:15 PM

The sooner Hunslet get a new generation of fans - without the bitterness - the better.
Posted Image

#60 Mycoe For Knighthood

Mycoe For Knighthood
  • Coach
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

Cause incase you've not noticed Hunslet aren't exactly rolling in money are we? We don't have thousands of fans rolling theo the gates anymore. Are you sure this is about your hate for the whinos or more to do with how your dad was treat?

What on earth has this got to do with big al? So how does this improve our bank balance and how does it improve the attendances?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users