Hunslet Hawks and Leeds Rhinos announce exciting new partnership

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#81 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:56 AM

After a great deal of thought I have decided that I will go along with this. I think HIST need to put out a full statement or hold a meeting to answer a few questions that have already been raised.
As I see it at present we have signed about 10 of our better players for next season with hopefully Danny Ratcliffe, Neil Lowe, Liam Welham, and Lee Brickwood still to come--- which will leave us about 10 players short of a competetive squad-- where are these extra players to come from ?-- one of our better postings a few weeks back pointed out that our coaching team this season have only managed to attract reserve team players from other Championship teams.
I believe the Rhinos lads will find that the Championship is a more competetive division than the one they have been playing in. and they will be able to put themselves in the shop window.
Reember KYLE BRIGGS.

#82 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 902 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:33 AM

Well there's been a lot of 'noise' generated on here from various quarters since the announcement was made yesterday, as there was always going to be. Fortunately more recent posts have started to take a more sensible and analytical approach to the situation.

I have some sympathy with those who say that the deal has been done without reference to HIST members, and the expedient timing of the announcement (i.e. the day after the last home game of the season). I hope HIST are prepared for the fact that some supporters may pull out, or not renew season tickets, such is the strength of feeling, as some posts here prove.

However, what's done is done, and though we can all post all day long based on what we know so far, it's the detail within the agreement that will govern the impact and future for Hunslet. Yesterday I posted what I consider to be some key questions about the deal; needless to say, they soon got buried in the 'noise' and weren't answered, or even discussed. So I'll post them again ...

1) How long is this "link" to last ?

2) If either club (and I thinking mostly of us ;) ) decides that it's not working, can they terminate it ?

3) If Leeds have, say, a stand-off or a prop they want to give (non-SL) game time to, are we expected to drop Grimshaw or Yates to accommodate them ?

4) What if Leeds run into financial difficulties ?

If the answer to these questions are something along the lines of 1) reviewed on an annual basis; 2) yes, in line with the answer to 1); 3) No, and 4) No effect on Hunslet, the clubs remain financially independent; then we might have a workable agreement.

However, if the answers are 1) ad infinitum; 2) no; 3) yes; and 4) they bring us down with them; then we have genuine cause for concern and fear for the future.

There are of course other questions, but these offer a simple barometer as to whether we have a bad deal ... or a "not bad" deal.

#83 Mycoe For Knighthood

Mycoe For Knighthood
  • Coach
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:57 AM

My worry is people keep saying Leeds are getting nothing from this!! !! do you really think Hetherington would do something just for the sake of it with no advantage to himself? like someone has already said he was one of the main opposers to our entry in super league in 99 so he's nailed his colours to the mast there as far as Hunslet are concerned!!

I want to see Hunslet live long and be successful as long as the next person... im just concerned that with the talk of the RFL scrapping the academy league system that all roads lead to the NRL style feeder club system, we all know they want to emulate what the aussies have, all the RFL have done for the last 10 years is do what the aussies do but 10 years later...!!

4 lads playing in the team might not sound like such a bad thing now, but when the team is as good as made up by these Leeds loanees which could and most probably will happen in a few years then who are you actually supporting? yes they will be wearing the hunslet kit presumably, and yes they will still be called hunslet presumably, but the majority of players will be Leeds Rhinos players??

Just food for thought, i know ill get shot down for not being a yes man, but Hetherington has proved on many occasions that basically he is a wrong un!!

#84 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:55 AM

Just been trying to enter the Hunslet Official website to see if there is any statements giving details of the partnership but it doesnt let me enter for some reason I know Spartacus and blackpoolhawk have stopped messaging on here due to their involment with the club but i do think the delay in any sort of statement is causing unesessary friction with the fans so chaps sooner the plans are made public the better for all concerned.

Edited by suzzy, 21 August 2012 - 08:56 AM.

chappy

#85 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,473 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:01 AM

Suzzy try this http://www.hunslethawks.co.uk/

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#86 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:16 AM

Suzzy try this http://www.hunslethawks.co.uk/

No good Gaz when i press enter site it just shows the challenge cup again nice to see you again mate hope you are well.
chappy

#87 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:24 AM

If we get 4 decent players [surely we choose what positions we want / need] what's the problem. Leeds sign all the best juniors from the Hunslet area, so we are just borrowing them to play for their rightful club. Remember Liam Hood last Sunday, man of the match. Then there are others at different clubs who we could use and surely, we would have FIRST pick. Makes sense.
It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool
than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

#88 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,473 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:24 AM

Col it works for me when i click on it, strange, I will look into it, but the statement is here

Yes im good thanks mate, keenly watching this debate rage on.

Send my congratulations on to Grimmer and the family, hope mother and child are doing well.

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#89 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:34 AM

Col it works for me when i click on it, strange, I will look into it, but the statement is here

Yes im good thanks mate, keenly watching this debate rage on.

Send my congratulations on to Grimmer and the family, hope mother and child are doing well.

Yes Gaz i will and thanks vicky had a bad time but is doing fine and grimmer is the doting father and changing nappies all ready they are calling him Mason Lee Grimshaw.
chappy

#90 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,473 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:36 AM

Yes Gaz i will and thanks vicky had a bad time but is doing fine and grimmer is the doting father and changing nappies all ready they are calling him Mason Lee Grimshaw.

Great stuff, looking forward to seeing a fit Mason Lee Grimshaw back to his best next season and pushing us up that table!

#91 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,466 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:44 AM

Can anyone please explain the difference between Hood/Singleton/mc shane going out to dewsbury/widnes and now to Hunslet? i didnt see their fans up in arms, about time we got a slice of the cake.For all the moaners sat in the belle isle club/ gardeners arms we got a gate of 465 for a local derby against dewsbury, we could win the Grand Final, the Challenge Cup and the World Club Final and we still couldnt get above 1000 home fans down there.Its because of the non sporting people of a city the size of Leeds that this situation has arisen.
Posted Image

#92 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

Just read the statement Gaz and in my opinion iots the only way forward if the club wants to compete at this level but it doesnt state what the structure of the partnership is made up of. Are the propose players going to be at the club long term which if so great but playes who are re called when and where nessesary does not work as we have seen at other clubs i think these issues are causing consern as you will have seen the comments but its certainly got this forum buzzing and if it works i see the Huns pushing the big boys next season which has to be good for the fans and i do hope it will encourage people to come along to watch them if the price is right
chappy

#93 blackhawk

blackhawk

boxer boy

• Coach
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:57 AM

My worry is people keep saying Leeds are getting nothing from this!! !! do you really think Hetherington would do something just for the sake of it with no advantage to himself? like someone has already said he was one of the main opposers to our entry in super league in 99 so he's nailed his colours to the mast there as far as Hunslet are concerned!!

I want to see Hunslet live long and be successful as long as the next person... im just concerned that with the talk of the RFL scrapping the academy league system that all roads lead to the NRL style feeder club system, we all know they want to emulate what the aussies have, all the RFL have done for the last 10 years is do what the aussies do but 10 years later...!!

4 lads playing in the team might not sound like such a bad thing now, but when the team is as good as made up by these Leeds loanees which could and most probably will happen in a few years then who are you actually supporting? yes they will be wearing the hunslet kit presumably, and yes they will still be called hunslet presumably, but the majority of players will be Leeds Rhinos players??

Just food for thought, i know ill get shot down for not being a yes man, but Hetherington has proved on many occasions that basically he is a wrong un!!

been saying hes a wrong un for a long time now gareth

#94 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,466 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:01 AM

col, from what ive heard any dual reg players will be season long deals not the usual you play for us one week and then go back the next - as what tends to happen with Ellis at Fev, Nicklas at York and Petersen at Worky to name but 3.
Posted Image

#95 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,473 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:03 AM

Just read the statement Gaz and in my opinion iots the only way forward if the club wants to compete at this level but it doesnt state what the structure of the partnership is made up of. Are the propose players going to be at the club long term which if so great but playes who are re called when and where nessesary does not work as we have seen at other clubs i think these issues are causing consern as you will have seen the comments but its certainly got this forum buzzing and if it works i see the Huns pushing the big boys next season which has to be good for the fans and i do hope it will encourage people to come along to watch them if the price is right

Col i cant say too much on this for obvious reasons, and a press release on the FACTS of the partnership will be released in due course, all i can say is that this partnership is simply about a dual registration agreement for 4 Leeds Rhinos players to join Hunslet Hawks on loan for the 2013 season. Its nothing to do with mergers, Leeds taking over the club or Hetherington plotting. Its about Hunslet Hawks taking advantage of the dual registration system like every over club outside Super league to benefit our club to improve the team and be more competitive in 2013, and that's my one and only comment on this until the official statement is released. Gaz

#96 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 902 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:27 AM

Col i cant say too much on this for obvious reasons, and a press release on the FACTS of the partnership will be released in due course, all i can say is that this partnership is simply about a dual registration agreement for 4 Leeds Rhinos players to join Hunslet Hawks on loan for the 2013 season. Its nothing to do with mergers, Leeds taking over the club or Hetherington plotting. Its about Hunslet Hawks taking advantage of the dual registration system like every over club outside Super league to benefit our club to improve the team and be more competitive in 2013, and that's my one and only comment on this until the official statement is released. Gaz

Thanks for that response Blackpool, I think we'll all be hoping that the full details of the deal will be released sooner rather than later ... I think it's fair to say the natives are restless !

#97 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:51 AM

P+R to me is the only way fans would come back and i think thats maybe a bit late,but the partnership and media thing with Leeds (Hetherington) is my only concern.......all will be revealed

#98 Mrbus

Mrbus
  • Coach
  • 780 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:29 AM

has anyone got any proof that hetherington is a "wrong un" or is it just the usual hearsay & rumours that people are going off?

some of the absolute garbage posted on here in the last 24 hrs shows that without facts people just make up all kind of bullsh*t

#99 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

has anyone got any proof that hetherington is a "wrong un" or is it just the usual hearsay & rumours that people are going off?

some of the absolute garbage posted on here in the last 24 hrs shows that without facts people just make up all kind of bullsh*t

Where have you been for the last 15 years,sheffield/huddersfield,1999 Hunslet vote,Bramley, and more,a lot of Leeds fans who i know don't like him......

#100 intheshed

intheshed
  • Coach
  • 408 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

I suggest you all stop throwing your toys out of the pram and see the partnership for what it really is...

Looking at this as a semi outsider(Fev fan) it strikes me that a large part of the problem is that nobody can see it 'for what it really is' as nobody in the know is prepared to divulge that information, as ever in RL clich├ęs and generalisations abound but straightforward facts are much harder to come by.

What is the maximum number of players that can be DR/loaned?
Can all the players play every week?
If not how is the decision on which players play reached?
Will there be an age limit for DR players?
can DR/loan players be replaced if they are recalled?

Just a few of the questions to which there are at present no answers that I'm aware of. Whilst it might be a fair criticism that people are jumping to conclusions it also seems a little unfair to suggest people 'see it for what it is' when, for whatever reason, nobody seems willing be specific about what the plans actually are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users