Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hunslet Hawks and Leeds Rhinos announce exciting new partnership

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#101 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

Where have you been for the last 15 years,sheffield/huddersfield,1999 Hunslet vote,Bramley, and more,a lot of Leeds fans who i know don't like him......

Don't forget his wife, Gateshead/ hull. Criminal what them 2 have got away with over the years
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#102 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,930 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

Just to echo a posting by suzzy -- look at the amount of interest this topic has generated-- almost 2500 views at the time of writing-- if they ALL turn up for the first game we'll be in the money.

#103 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,930 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:57 AM

P+R to me is the only way fans would come back and i think thats maybe a bit late,but the partnership and media thing with Leeds (Hetherington) is my only concern.......all will be revealed

don't forget Leeds allow us to keep all the receipts from the Lazenby cup games.

#104 Mycoe For Knighthood

Mycoe For Knighthood
  • Coach
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:09 PM

don't forget Leeds allow us to keep all the receipts from the Lazenby cup games.

All is forgiven then, top bloke that Hetherington letting us keep all the cash!! Hetherington is on a par with the empties @ red hall!!!

#105 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:16 PM

Ang also put the boot in with the Hunslet/Bradford CCup bill for the rent of the ground

Edited by Blackbeard, 21 August 2012 - 12:19 PM.

#106 Mrbus

Mrbus
  • Coach
  • 755 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:21 PM

Where have you been for the last 15 years,sheffield/huddersfield,1999 Hunslet vote,Bramley, and more,a lot of Leeds fans who i know don't like him......

Don't forget his wife, Gateshead/ hull. Criminal what them 2 have got away with over the years

you could of just said "hearsay" would have been quicker to reply

#107 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 871 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:46 PM

you could of just said "hearsay" would have been quicker to reply

I didn't realise he was responsible for that pop group that was manufactured in "Popstars" as well.

It just goes to show, he really is the devil incarnate.

#108 rodleydragons

rodleydragons
  • Coach
  • 302 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:44 PM

right having slept on it last night and read and thought about it this morning these are the questions i would like some answers to asap.these are the things that concern me about the deal.these are in no particular order.

1. why was this not announced at the dewsbury game on sunday.if its such a fantastic deal why hide it till no supporters about.

2. what happens if leeds get injuries.as their players surely leeds can recall them if needed even if we have them on season long deals.

3. what is gary hetherington interest with hunslet all of a sudden.his history makes me very worried thats he's involved.

4. do we have to play these players even if they have a drop in from.

im sure many more questions will arise but these are the ones that concern me the most.

over to whoever made the decision for the answers now.

#109 blackhawk

blackhawk

boxer boy

• Coach
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

I didn't realise he was responsible for that pop group that was manufactured in "Popstars" as well.

It just goes to show, he really is the devil incarnate.

grubby little fingers in whatever pies are going that hetherington full stop.

#110 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:53 PM

right having slept on it last night and read and thought about it this morning these are the questions i would like some answers to asap.these are the things that concern me about the deal.these are in no particular order.

1. why was this not announced at the dewsbury game on sunday.if its such a fantastic deal why hide it till no supporters about.

2. what happens if leeds get injuries.as their players surely leeds can recall them if needed even if we have them on season long deals.

3. what is gary hetherington interest with hunslet all of a sudden.his history makes me very worried thats he's involved.

4. do we have to play these players even if they have a drop in from.

im sure many more questions will arise but these are the ones that concern me the most.

over to whoever made the decision for the answers now.

It was common knowledge at the game on Sunday what was happening with the whinos. Everybody was talking about it so I find it very strange you knew nothing about it

#111 rodleydragons

rodleydragons
  • Coach
  • 302 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:57 PM

wasnt at the game sunday macca due to work commitments but my dad and sister were there and heard no announcement about it.wasnt in the programme either i believe.think people may have heard about it from word of mouth but surely sunday was a good time to tell people about it face to face and may have calmed people down a bit.

#112 HK Hawk

HK Hawk
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:00 PM

I don't know the answers to your questions but for what its worth, my opinion on the first question is that it was right to announce it after the game. It's a sensitive subject and it will take time for some fans to make sense of the deal (hopefully once more details are announced). The timing of it got us some exposure and the effect of it will wear of in time for it not to affect season ticket sales (hopefully). From a business perspective, the timing was right but I can understand why people who went to the game might be miffed about not knowing.

#113 rodleydragons

rodleydragons
  • Coach
  • 302 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:04 PM

fair answer hk hawk.just thought a meeting after the game may have helped to put people at ease if it was all explained face to face.

#114 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:19 PM

fair answer hk hawk.just thought a meeting after the game may have helped to put people at ease if it was all explained face to face.

I'm not so sure a meeting after the game would have been a good idea. when people have had a few beers They can sometimes get a bit over excited when they hear news like that. I personally think its been handled the best way possible

#115 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

Col i cant say too much on this for obvious reasons, and a press release on the FACTS of the partnership will be released in due course, all i can say is that this partnership is simply about a dual registration agreement for 4 Leeds Rhinos players to join Hunslet Hawks on loan for the 2013 season. Its nothing to do with mergers, Leeds taking over the club or Hetherington plotting. Its about Hunslet Hawks taking advantage of the dual registration system like every over club outside Super league to benefit our club to improve the team and be more competitive in 2013, and that's my one and only comment on this until the official statement is released. Gaz

Gaz its been heart breaking this season watching the results every week both with the Hawks and the Knights both have under achieved big style i know injuries have been a large factor for this but next season is going to be massive in respect of staying in the championship and recruitment to enable the Hawks to compete has got to be top of the agenda so if the four lads from the rhinos dont come with the right attitude to compete then it wont be fair to the rest of the squad but if they are wanting to impress Mr Mcdermott then it can only be a boost to the squad the supporters should be prepared to show their loyalty to the club and at least give next season a chance.
chappy

#116 Penola

Penola
  • 600 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:50 PM

For those that have attended the HIST meetings (very few people in fact) we were told by Barry Eaton that we were looking to get DR players from Leeds and were working with them however Barry said that he wanted to make sure that Leeds couldn't just lend us a player for a couple of weeks and then recall him as this would not be beneficial to us. It sounded more like that Barry wanted DR players longer term.This was communicated to us about 6 months ago so this news is no secret in my eyes and I don't see this as a shock

#117 LENIN

LENIN
  • Coach
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:40 PM

It was common knowledge at the game on Sunday what was happening with the whinos. Everybody was talking about it so I find it very strange you knew nothing about it

i didnt know. and im sure loads more didnt know either
hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

#118 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:48 PM

i didnt know. and im sure loads more didnt know either

To be fair moonhead you hardly mingle with the fans anymore do ya

#119 whinobaiter

whinobaiter
  • Coach
  • 165 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:50 PM

Great stuff, looking forward to seeing a fit Mason Lee Grimshaw back to his best next season and pushing us up that table! who is us hunslet whinos it stinks

I SUPPORT TWO TEAM'S HUNSLET HAWKS AND WHOEVER'S KICKING THE FCUK OUT OF THE RHINO'S

#120 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,460 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:15 PM

Can you please explain what stinks and why?

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users