Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hunslet Hawks and Leeds Rhinos announce exciting new partnership

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#121 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:20 PM

Can you please explain what stinks and why?

Think its a trick question Gaz or its the white powder talking lol
chappy

#122 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:36 PM

I just think supporters need to not jump to conclusions making judgements based on nothing but there own interpretation of what was in the press release, the facts will be released very soon and a meeting will be arranged for all supporters to come and listen and ask questions! All i ask is thats once you know the details you then make a rational descision and make your mind up if you approve or disapprove based on the facts!

Here's something to think about, we have resigned 10 players so far for next season which is soon to become 13, we have offers to other exisitng players, we have offers to players at other clubs too, which if all goes well we will have over 20 contracted players to Hunslet in the next month, does that really sound like a club that's going to be the Rhinos 2nd team next year?

Edited by Blackpool Hawk, 22 August 2012 - 07:18 AM.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#123 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:49 PM

Seems to me there has been a lot of work done behind the scenes which must be applauded and im sure the meeting will be well attended if the postings on here are anthything to go by.
chappy

#124 Penola

Penola
  • 600 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:08 PM

HIST - To quote the back of Asil Nadir's watch - "don't let the buggers get you down"

#125 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:52 AM

Which ever way you look at this i don't think HIST would have walked into this without looking closely at whats on the table for us,but until a statement is put out and a meeting with the fans, i surpose theres a lot of moaning and speculation to be had.......

#126 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:53 PM

I agree Rick that there will be speculation and rightly so, but i find it hard to see how people can instantly moan about an issue were non of the FACTS have yet to be released. Il say it again, wait until the full details are announced and then make a level headed judgement based on the facts, people may still feel the same way but that would be totally acceptable. I think we all know that the issue here is not the partnership itself, and it cant be because people dont know the ins and outs of the partnership, it has to be the club the partnership is with.

I honestly think (and correct me if i am mistaken) if this had been announced with another club in Super league it would have been instantly seen as a great move by the club and we would have welcomed the announcement that we are actively trying to improve the team and club next season.

My Last point on this and maybe this is me been short sighted or deluded even, but has anyone actually looked at this from another perspective, that maybe the club must be doing something right, we must moving in the right direction, and we have the plans and structures in place both on and off the pitch to be successful to have managed to strike up a partnership up with Leeds?

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#127 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,859 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:54 PM

Here's something to think about, we have resigned 10 players so far for next season which is soon to become 13, we have offers to other exisitng players, we have offers to players at other clubs too, which if all goes well we will have over 20 contracted players to Hunslet in the next month, does that really sound like a club that's going to be the Rhinos 2nd team next year?

It certainly doesn't.

How about 5 years down the line :D

#128 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

It certainly doesn't.

How about 5 years down the line :D

Many ways of looking at this,Hunslet with a int of Leeds or no Hunslet at all and this as been on the cards for most clubs since SL and P+R were done away with,the Leeds thing is whats ####### people off but as said before we need a sugar daddy but why should someone put money in to get nowt out, if we were a shoe,fishfinger or furniture factory then we would have gone to the wall years ago...Its a business.....years ago most cinemas shut down and end'ed up being bingo halls or health spa's but look at em now, cinemas are back in.....,sadly i just can't see that happening with Rugby League.......

#129 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:45 PM

BLACKPOOL makes some good points-- if the club do call a meeting will it be on HAWKS TV for the benefit of our supporters who live out of Leeds, or can't make it because of work-- will it be restricted to HIST members only. ?
This season we have played against clubs who have a connection with Super League- last Sunday Liam HOOD from the Rhinos had a outstanding game for Dewsbury.
We need a lot more information such as --will Leeds say these are the 4 players you can have, or will we be able to say -- these are the 4 players we want?

#130 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:01 PM

The meeting will be open to ALL supporters, and it WILL be videoed for our supporters who cant make it or live too far to attend.

All the information you have asked for there Frisky will be in the press release and will be explained at the meeting once arranged.

#131 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:13 PM

The meeting will be open to ALL supporters, and it WILL be videoed for our supporters who cant make it or live too far to attend.

All the information you have asked for there Frisky will be in the press release and will be explained at the meeting once arranged.

Dont think you can ask for anything more on the subject till the meeting is in progress my advise would be dont let it fester and hope it receives a good turn out.
chappy

#132 pooliehawk

pooliehawk
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:18 PM

Now I have has a couples days for it to digest, still not thrilled we are linked to them like this, but I hate them with a passion, so I suppose I'm letting my heart rule my head, and I think that is what the big problem is with all Hunslet fans were letting our hearts rule.

In my head I do understand why we are doing this, and understand it could be a good thing, time will tell, and we will just after see we're it takes us.....

#133 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:48 PM

Now 4216 views -- they;re ALL coming to the first game.

#134 hunslets iggy pop

hunslets iggy pop
  • Coach
  • 280 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:33 PM

The Hunslet forum is split on this idea of us getting some players for next season off Leeds. I can see points for and against this move , but if we don't take the four players from Leeds next season, either such as York or Dewsbury will , thus coming back to haunt us if we got relegated and sent to the league of death in 2014. It's a good thing for us all round.

If it was us getting say all of Leeds second team coming to play for us , i would say no chance as then we would be a feeder club, but like this, it's Leeds feeding us.

Just my only concern about this is what does Mr Hetherington get out of this for himself ?

Do feel better for HIST being in charge, having Hunslet at heart, and what's best for us, no fear.

#135 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:31 PM

The only thing Leeds Rhinos and Gary Hetherington will get out of this partnership is that Hunslet Hawks will give the Leeds Rhinos club the opportunity to play a select few of there fringe players in our team on dual reg season loans, nothing more nothing less. Let's be honest what have we got that Gary Hetherington could ever be interested in? We have no money, huge debts, we don't own our own ground, we have 100 season ticket holders and no chance of ever getting into super league, we're hardly a threat to Gary and Leeds are we?

#136 Castleford Hawk

Castleford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:25 PM

What have we got that he'd want ?

4 cups in one season !!!

Hunslet: STILL the city's only club to win all competitions in one season.

#137 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:27 PM

He could have gone to Huddersfield or Swinton for that Phil ;)

#138 Castleford Hawk

Castleford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:37 PM

It's still nice to have that one over them.

Can't take them serious as a BIG club until they achieve it.

"They're just OUR feeder club. They're just our feeder club"

Hunslet: STILL the city's only club to win all competitions in one season.

#139 rodleydragons

rodleydragons
  • Coach
  • 302 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:47 PM

thanks for the info so far blackpool. i wouldn't really care who the deal is with i personally dont approve of the dual reg system 1 bit but whilst its there i suppose begrudgingly that we must take advantage of it.not really fussed that its leeds the main problem i have with all this is gary hetherington been involved.i appreciate what you say blackpool that we have nothing he wants but neither did bramley and look what happened to them,we werent ever gonna threaten leeds in super league but he voted against us.all of a sudden he wants to help well sorry i for 1 think he will get something from it somehwere cos that man does nothing for nowt,i really hope in a years time i am typing an apology that i was wrong.this i repeat is my own feelings on the guy because during a debate on facebook about it i was frankly told by somebody if we dont like it then dont bother coming to the games.well i can assure you i know of 10 people already and 7 of them season ticket holders that are thinking of not coming anymore.good luck

#140 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:53 PM

I am so pleased to see some of the fans can see the fuller picture of what the committee are trying to achieve for the good of Hunslet Hawks RLFC and I think it only fitting that Leeds Rhinos should hold out an olive branch and give their support to a club which has had the heart ripped out of it over the years like Hunslet has and if in a few years time the club can start to prosper and old scars heal then H I S T can say at least we did our best to keep this club alive and well .
chappy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users