TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

North West Mens League

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 St Domingos

St Domingos
  • Players
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:00 PM

The results from Saturdays games show eight 24-0 scorelines out of twenty five games played.

can any-one confirm where they walk-overs or are some genuine results?

If they are walk-overs that is quite alarming :(

I still remember when we were all amateurs, working together for the good of the game - for no pay!!!

#2 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,250 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:28 AM

7 from 8 of the walkovers involved a reserve team so suspect that is what needs addressing

#3 mmp

mmp
  • Coach
  • 389 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:50 AM

7 from 8 of the walkovers involved a reserve team so suspect that is what needs addressing

yup. its also worth noting that some of those reserve teams regularly failed fixtures in the last winter season. DIv 5 has been a far more competitive affair than Div 4 and I think thats partly because of reserve teams asking to go too high even when they struggled before...
In Bury or North Manchester? Interested in Rugby League? Check out the Rugby League in Bury web-site: http://www.pitchero....bs/burybroncos/

#4 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,250 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:03 AM

Division 3 has had problems because they put lots of outpost clubs in together. Hopefully they can sort it out but not sure the easiest way as reserve divisions usually have thrashings (obviously Thatto Heath, Leigh East etc. reserves would stay put but even so)

#5 Wirejb

Wirejb
  • Players
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:05 PM

The structure has been a little disjointed in terms of ability but that should begin to even out with promotion relegation, quite a few teams seem to have struggled with numbers coming off the back of the winter season so, at least with the break this time round players will be fresher.

#6 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,250 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

Anyone know why Wigan St Cuthbert's are in the final of this? Was there a game they beat Blackbrook in they forgot to put on the website?

#7 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 951 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

Anyone know why Wigan St Cuthbert's are in the final of this? Was there a game they beat Blackbrook in they forgot to put on the website?

blackbrook give the fixture up. cuthies straight through without playing. pilks v bank quay tonight for place in final. joke playoffs for me.

#8 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,250 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

Pilkington Vs Bank Quay is also an outstanding league fixture. Strange.

#9 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 951 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

Pilkington Vs Bank Quay is also an outstanding league fixture. Strange.

double up fixture. needs to be played tonight as final on sunday. rediculous situation for me.

#10 Wanderer

Wanderer
  • Coach
  • 106 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

Final at Widnes before the Myton v Wath Brow game. KO 12 noon I think, but anyone know how much to get in? Can you watch both games? Communications very amateur from both competitions.

#11 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

Final at Widnes before the Myton v Wath Brow game. KO 12 noon I think, but anyone know how much to get in? Can you watch both games? Communications very amateur from both competitions.

The NCL details are quite clear on the website , but to save you time it's £4 entry / £1 concession.

The NCL have allowed the NWM match effectively as a curtain raiser , so you'll get two good games for the price of one :)

#12 Wanderer

Wanderer
  • Coach
  • 106 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

The NCL details are quite clear on the website , but to save you time it's £4 entry / £1 concession.

Cheers Capo!
Nice sunny day forecast so hopefully some great rugby on show :)

#13 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 317 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

Anyone any idea who is dropping out of this league,if anyone is?

I know Walney and Barrow Island are keen on the Cumbrian league?

#14 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,250 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

Blackbrook and Woolston Rovers have applied to join the NCL and if the Cumbrian League goes ahead presumably the Barrow clubs will be gone. What I don't know is which clubs want to switch to winter and which winter clubs want to switch to summer.

#15 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 317 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:39 AM

Blackbrook and Woolston Rovers have applied to join the NCL and if the Cumbrian League goes ahead presumably the Barrow clubs will be gone. What I don't know is which clubs want to switch to winter and which winter clubs want to switch to summer.

Didn't Woolston have a few non fulfilment s in the NWML this summer and will that affect their application?

Not all Barrow clubs are keen on Cumbrian league so I see the majority staying in NWML,the new leagues look good strong leagues from what I know and I like the idea of each league having their own Grand Final.

#16 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,250 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

I think they can inherit the Wizards record from the merger? No idea with Cumbria as can't see it happening with just Barrow Island from Barrow

#17 milly

milly
  • Coach
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

The Wizards have NEVER defaulted on a match. They are merging with Woolston to meet the criteria so it should be as Wizards that they are judged as it is their admin, coaches and players that are making the application.

#18 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

The Wizards have NEVER defaulted on a match. They are merging with Woolston to meet the criteria so it should be as Wizards that they are judged as it is their admin, coaches and players that are making the application.

What will they be called? Will it be Wizards if they are taking everything over.

#19 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 317 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

I don't think that anyone said that the Wizards had non fulfilled Milly?

Good luck with the merger.

#20 milly

milly
  • Coach
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

Woolston struggled with the back to back seasons but I'm sure will be fine once everything settles down.