Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Northampton pull out of Ch1

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 micngill

micngill
  • Coach
  • 300 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:14 PM

Just read on love rugby league that the Northampton Rebels will not be joining Ch1 next season. I wonder where that leaves clubs in that league? Rather worrying I feel. But at least they should be ale to plug the gap hopefully.

#2 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:42 PM

Shock horror, RFL involved in expansion Kock Up (again)

#3 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:51 PM

Don't panic the RFL have a grass roots club in Azerbazhan lined up to step in

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#4 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,090 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:34 PM

surely there is a plan b
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#5 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,195 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:48 PM

surely there is a plan b

Yes Stobarts are going to advertise on the side of their wagons by the way of stickers to attract any clubs wanting the remaining two places.

#6 frankj

frankj
  • Coach
  • 406 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:04 PM

How about asking Cobblers On Calder Kickers and Upyours Pirates to join up?

#7 SamG

SamG
  • Coach
  • 296 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:05 PM

Plan B is Rovers 'A'......

#8 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:11 AM

You can look at this 2 ways, 1 it's another embarrasment for the RFL or 2 they aren't happy with the financial situation or preparation of Northampton for their entry into the semi pro league and confronted them for assurances forcing Northampton to withdraw. The embarassment would have been to let them in first then find out half way through the season that they couldn't sustain it.

#9 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,090 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:43 AM

You can look at this 2 ways, 1 it's another embarrasment for the RFL or 2 they aren't happy with the financial situation or preparation of Northampton for their entry into the semi pro league and confronted them for assurances forcing Northampton to withdraw. The embarassment would have been to let them in first then find out half way through the season that they couldn't sustain it.

i agree Phil, it's down to Northampton, not the rfl
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#10 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:14 AM

True Phil but I would have thought all checks are done before they announce their place in the league...you know like they did when they GAVE Bradford a franchise....NOT;

#11 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:02 PM

True Phil but I would have thought all checks are done before they announce their place in the league...you know like they did when they GAVE Bradford a franchise....NOT;

Much too simples, Phil.

#12 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:39 AM

Maybe they did some checks prior to allowing them in but have gone back to check the progress and aren't happy where Northampton are? I don't know but i'd rather see Northampton pull out now than having to be bailed out during the season.

#13 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,042 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:42 AM

Unfortunately didn't happen like that. The RFL went and asked Northampton Town if they wanted a club in Championship 1 to which they said only if you don't let Coventry Bears in. 9 months after their acceptance they met a rugby league coach for the first time and found out how much it cost to run a Championship 1 club for the first time and instantly withdrew. The RFL had known for months there was no substance to Northampton Rebels but refused to admit it as they didn't think they could get 4 new clubs otherwise.

#14 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,090 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:57 AM

the rugby football league, setting the standard in how not to.
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#15 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,195 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:27 PM

the rugby football league, setting the standard in how not to.

Did Branley get a chance? Love to see them back.

#16 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,195 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:27 PM

Did Branley get a chance? Love to see them back.

Or even Bramley. Senior moment.

#17 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:55 PM

Branley, all their supporters were regular. ;)
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#18 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,195 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:09 PM

Branley, all their supporters were regular. ;)

Well they did play at Barley Mow!

#19 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,090 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:53 PM

Well they did play at Barley Mow!

McLaren field, perhaps they should be in formula 1, not championship 1
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#20 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,042 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:15 PM

Or even Bramley. Senior moment.

Do you really want a club that can't raise a team every week and rents a NCL ground in Championship 1?