RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Northampton pull out of Ch1

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:10 PM

Do you really want a club that can't raise a team every week and rents a NCL ground in Championship 1?

Don't know the ins and outs of their position. Remember them from their league days. Just a bit of nostalgia. But looking at the make up of championship one there are going to be quite a lot of non established clubs. Only Rochdale and Oldham have any pedigree. It is going to be a strange mixture next season.

#22 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:23 AM

We had to play them yesterday and their response to losing was to attack our players including with WWF style slams. Hope we win next week or we get them in the playoffs.

I do agree we should have more new heartland clubs as well at that level to balance out as too many new clubs for one league makes it unstable not just for Oldham and Rochdale but also the more stable expansion teams (eg Skolars)

#23 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:35 PM

Recent news is that Championship One will play with 9 teams next season with Coventry joining them in 2014,

#24 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:40 PM

Surely the most sensible idea would be to offer invitations to Championship 1 clubs to submit their academy/reserve teams for consideration.

#25 bigjohn

bigjohn
  • Coach
  • 967 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:48 PM

I think one or two clubs will fold in Championship 1 next season, the RFL should hang their heads in shame at what they have come up with for next season.
The championship has been watered down to much and wont be as competitive.

#26 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:05 PM

Surely the most sensible idea would be to offer invitations to Championship 1 clubs to submit their academy/reserve teams for consideration.

I think there was a suggestion that our under 23's paticipated by Mark Campbell, Bob. But there is apparently some rule that forbids a club having two teams in the RL main competitions. But it would be a better idea.

#27 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:10 PM

There's no rule stopping it, but they have to operate as 2 seperate clubs and can't both be in the same league.
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#28 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:13 PM

You also can't move players between the 2 teams. Presumably normal loan rules would work. But the RFL didn't want them in.

#29 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:15 PM

You also can't move players between the 2 teams. Presumably normal loan rules would work. But the RFL didn't want them in.

Hence the 'operate as 2 seperate clubs' comment ;)

Edited by sidnee, 24 September 2012 - 02:16 PM.

The weak conform, the strong survive.

#30 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:17 PM

You know, I honestly felt that Northampton might have had a chance of doing some good given that they may have attracted a few footy and a few kick and clap fans.
Extend Super League by four ( Fev, Fax, Leigh and the Eagles ) and chuck all the rest into one division...

#31 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:45 PM

According to the press, Oxford are to be admitted. To be hoped that they have improved since the last time i saw them play.

#32 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

Well I think Northampton's descion may have............ P all effect on the future of RL. Does anybody in there right mind think that anyone, unless held at gunpoint, would be watching them in 2 years time. We might as well have a governing body who are trying to introduce Cricket in Portland or a hide n seek team in the sahara desert.

#33 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,838 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:03 AM

Well I think Northampton's descion may have............ P all effect on the future of RL. Does anybody in there right mind think that anyone, unless held at gunpoint, would be watching them in 2 years time. We might as well have a governing body who are trying to introduce Cricket in Portland or a hide n seek team in the sahara desert.

Andrew, you are so right.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#34 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 39,806 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:00 AM

http://www.prtcc.com/

been going for 90 years or so :P

the demons aren't doing so badly

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso, 25 September 2012 - 09:06 AM.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

#35 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:05 AM

been going for 90 years or so :P

the demons aren't doing so badly

The western sahara wanderers are currently taking the marakesh marauders on at Hide and Seek. The result was a draw, both teams were found after one second. The replay was to be on Friday, but Sky are on about moving it to Thursday at Northampton's county ground.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 25 September 2012 - 11:06 AM.

#36 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,838 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:48 AM

The western sahara wanderers are currently taking the marakesh marauders on at Hide and Seek. The result was a draw, both teams were found after one second. The replay was to be on Friday, but Sky are on about moving it to Thursday at Northampton's county ground.

lock lanes sandy desert might have been a better venue.
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#37 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:05 PM

lock lanes sandy desert might have been a better venue.

I played a couple of games on Chequerfield's sloping pitch. Now there was a real slope about 1 in 4 corner to corner. Batley slope or Lock Lane (played there as well) not in it. Now there was a venue to play with or on.

#38 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,838 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:53 PM

while your messing about playing hide n seek in the desert, what will i bedouin.
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#39 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:17 PM

while your messing about playing hide n seek in the desert, what will i bedouin.

Don't know OR but we would Sheikh you out.

#40 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

could you two not just text each other :rolleyes: I blame surf and soup !

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users