Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Northampton pull out of Ch1

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,024 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:04 PM

I played a couple of games on Chequerfield's sloping pitch. Now there was a real slope about 1 in 4 corner to corner. Batley slope or Lock Lane (played there as well) not in it. Now there was a venue to play with or on.

Huddersfield Underbank Rangers is fun. The middle part (going across widthways) dips far and one end is higher than the other. More impressed though that there's a dry stone wall near the touchline where if the ball goes over it's a farmers field with a bull and cows in.

#42 Jonty

Jonty
  • Coach
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:03 PM

According to the press, Oxford are to be admitted. To be hoped that they have improved since the last time i saw them play.

That's a pretty amazing feat, considering they haven't played a game yet! Are you getting mixed up with Oxford Cavaliers or Oxford University?
disques vogue

The club where Eurovision isn't a dirty word. A waltz through the leopard skin lined world of Tom Jones, Bert Kampfert and Burt Bacharach. Step out to the sound of the happy hammond and swing to the seductive sounds of the samba.

DJ's, raffles, cocktails and wide collars. Please dress smart. Gentlemen might like to wear a suit.

Same price. Same music. Same rubbish prizes.

#43 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:55 PM

could you two not just text each other :rolleyes: I blame surf and soup !

Quite right. Souper jokes and surfs you right for reading them.

#44 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:50 PM

You know, I honestly felt that Northampton might have had a chance of doing some good given that they may have attracted a few footy and a few kick and clap fans.
Extend Super League by four ( Fev, Fax, Leigh and the Eagles ) and chuck all the rest into one division...

I mis-read you at first glance, I thought you wrote "Normanton might have had a chance of doing some good....." This would have actually made more sense, a Normanton team in CC1 would probably do a better job.
Rather than trying to expand the game to the nether reaches of the UK I would rather see us start much nearee home. How about a club playing at Frickley Athletic's ground to try and attract the un-tapped potential support from the ex-coalfield areas south of Pontefract? And how about towns like Harrogate Otley, Wetherby? Smaller Rugby Union clubs are struggling due to comprehensive education thinning out the number of ex-grammar school types. Time to expand into these areas which would likely be far more receptive to Rugby League.

#45 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:47 PM

That's a pretty amazing feat, considering they haven't played a game yet! Are you getting mixed up with Oxford Cavaliers or Oxford University?

I was under the impression that it was going to be an amalgamation of both. My apologies, but still not overwhelmed with confidence.