Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The TV Thread

• Please log in to reply
845 replies to this topic

#181 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,504 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

Enjoying the wonderful Amanda Bullimore steal the show in Scott and Bailey

and the sooner Carl gets his come uppance in the Street the better. I'm a big Norris and Roy Cropper fan in a role model kind of way.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#182 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

Enjoying the wonderful Amanda Bullimore steal the show in Scott and Bailey

and the sooner Carl gets his come uppance in the Street the better. I'm a big Norris and Roy Cropper fan in a role model kind of way.

Suranne Jones would be a shoe in for the world gurning championships. Isn't it Amelia Bullimore not Amanda? but I agree her understated performances steal the show each week.

#183 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,723 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

Watched Defiance (the new sci-fi TV series, not the film) last night, looks very promising.

Also, The Borgias has started again!

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#184 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,504 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

Suranne Jones would be a shoe in for the world gurning championships. Isn't it Amelia Bullimore not Amanda? but I agree her understated performances steal the show each week.

aye it's amelia

there are one or two low key but quality performances: the detective who shagged Jones' mam in the car park for instance and Lesley Sharpe always puts a quality performance in.

The plots are a bit better than average as well.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#185 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,729 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:44 AM

the detective who shagged Jones' mam in the car park ... puts a quality performance in.

I thought that. The miserable old cow who's his boss broke him off in his prime.

;) B)

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#186 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,073 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:23 AM

Ben Elton's new sitcom 'The Wright Way'... oh dear! Is there such a thing as antifunny, you know, like antimatter?

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#187 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,073 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

Anthony Bourdain's new series for CNN is called 'Parts unknown', but is basically 'No Reservations'. Which is a Good Thing.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#188 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,729 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

proper characters like "jonny morris" never had to put on a false over act like the presenters of today, they were just natrualy engaging.

Seems that Johnny Morris was a proper Welshman, good to his friends but capable of bearing a grudge.

B)

From Wikipedia:

Morris … died on 6 May 1999.

His wife, Eileen, had died ten years previously, but he had two stepsons. He bequeathed his house to his co-host on Animal Magic, Terry Nutkins, a large sum of cash to his housekeeper, Rita Offer, and smaller sums to his gardener and his builder but he left nothing to his stepsons, his step-grandchildren and step-great-grandchildren - possibly due to a failed business partnership which had cost him £500,000.

#189 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,073 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

Last night's BBC documentary on Dave Allen was absolutely brilliant! If you missed it, pause briefly to kick yourself before visiting the BBC's iPlayer pages.

#190 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,830 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:48 AM

Amelia Bullmore  - no "I"    From 1990 until 1995 she played the role of Steph Barnes in Coronation Street

Agree about Karl: time he got what's coming and sodded off back to  Taggart

Edited by JohnM, 30 April 2013 - 10:50 AM.

#191 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,679 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:54 AM

I didn't know Dave Allen made all those Documentaries.

Only caught the second half of this but his jokes made me laugh all over again. They also amused my son who hasn't seen that much of Mr Allen

#192 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,073 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

I didn't know Dave Allen made all those Documentaries.

Only caught the second half of this but his jokes made me laugh all over again. They also amused my son who hasn't seen that much of Mr Allen

Your son has lost out, due to Dave's contract stipulation that his TV shows should only be repeated once, then never again. :(

#193 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

Last night's BBC documentary on Dave Allen was absolutely brilliant! If you missed it, pause briefly to kick yourself before visiting the BBC's iPlayer pages.

I hope it's not on iPlayer to respect Mr Alles's wishes.  :-)

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#194 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,729 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

It was agreat documentary. The strange thing is that his own documentaries were on ITV rather than BBC.

#195 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

I was a big fan of Being Human on BBC3, now I've started watching Being Human USA on Watch, same storyline, but slightly different angle due to it being made in Canada & set in Boston (Mass, not Lincs)
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#196 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,492 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

The final episode of the current series of Doctor Who was a blast! All the 'classic' series Doctors present and correct, William Hartnell in colour and the big reveal... a new Doctor for the 50th anniversary special later this year. Loved it.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#197 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,729 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:44 PM

This series of Scott and Bailey has been really good. The finale was brilliant telly.

#198 ChrisGS

ChrisGS
  • Coach
  • 356 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

Game of Thrones... that is all.

#199 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

Game of Thrones... that is all.

Caught up with the last 6 episodes yesterday.  Just gets better and better.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#200 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,729 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:54 PM

I was taping last week's GOT episode for a friend who was away. I  always watch it on the re-run. I had read a review after the first showing to say there was a castration scene in it. Because I was taping it, I couldn't  fast forward through that bit ... I had to go out of the room when it was about to happen. :fie:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users