Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The TV Thread

• Please log in to reply
928 replies to this topic

#361 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,446 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:45 AM

The other night, I caught the last half of part 1 of the drama about Kerry Packer. The guy who plays Packer is terrific! Really looking forward to part 2.

Part 1 is repeated at 10:30 tonight on BBC4. Well worth watching/recording.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#362 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,285 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:50 AM

They obviously vet the candidates business plans?  How do they get this far before deciding the plans are hopeless?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#363 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,629 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:56 AM

They obviously vet the candidates business plans?  How do they get this far before deciding the plans are hopeless?

They have to have some red meat to throw to Claude Littner during the interview episode! :)

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#364 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,285 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:22 AM

They have to have some red meat to throw to Claude Littner during the interview episode! :)

It's like they don't watch the programme before hand...

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#365 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,446 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:26 AM

It's like they don't watch the programme before hand...

From what little I've seen, I doubt any of them are bright enough to figure out how to turn a TV set on...

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#366 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,924 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:44 PM

chesney wants to stick with Sinead(how she's putting up with him I don't know) and forget the ghastly katie

also the Carl saga is dragging on. Needs sorting and with a big denouement.

I'm balled off with her in the wheelchair as well: she wants pushing in the canal..the canal not having featured in a plot for a while.

Watched the Rod Stewart Imagine what an asshole and the number of kids didn't match up with the number of parents and joanna lumley wasn't mentioned, not that I can stand her...her career seems to be a series of free holidays in which she gazes into the middle distance at dusk and says 'breathtaking'

Starlings isnt bad-some good acting talent going one there.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#367 timtum

timtum
  • Coach
  • 2,621 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

I'm about to settle down and watch the Imagine Don McCullin programme on the Iplayer.  Really looking forward to this.  Saw his exhibition at the IWMN a few years ago and had my breath taken away.

In the South of France and fancy a banger?
www.mistersaucisse.fr
"Fine sausages for the discerning customer"

#368 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,924 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

I'm about to settle down and watch the Imagine Don McCullin programme on the Iplayer.  Really looking forward to this.  Saw his exhibition at the IWMN a few years ago and had my breath taken away.

I've got it skyplussed, havent had chance to watch it yet

Keeping it local

#369 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,079 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:16 PM

On Look North, Amanda Harper has had a baby, Nicola Rees is pregnant and Christa Ackroyd has got the P45.

We want Keeley! We want Keeley!

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#370 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,748 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:09 AM

Wolford does your tv only work at 6:30? You seem obsessed by Look North! ;)

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#371 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,924 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:30 AM

Wolford does your tv only work at 6:30? You seem obsessed by Look North! ;)

he does right

it's allan partridge writ large

Keeping it local

#372 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,004 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:38 PM

chesney wants to stick with Sinead(how she's putting up with him I don't know) and forget the ghastly katie

also the Carl saga is dragging on. Needs sorting and with a big denouement.

I'm balled off with her in the wheelchair as well: she wants pushing in the canal..the canal not having featured in a plot for a while.

Watched the Rod Stewart Imagine what an asshole and the number of kids didn't match up with the number of parents and joanna lumley wasn't mentioned, not that I can stand her...her career seems to be a series of free holidays in which she gazes into the middle distance at dusk and says 'breathtaking'

Starlings isnt bad-some good acting talent going one there.

Not so much a TV critique, more an Alan Bennett monologue.

Mother wasn't happy.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#373 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,924 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:24 PM

Not so much a TV critique, more an Alan Bennett monologue.

Mother wasn't happy.

why thankyou

Keeping it local

#374 timtum

timtum
  • Coach
  • 2,621 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

Had to take a pause halfway through.  Very powerful stuff indeed.

Loins girded for part two tonight.

In the South of France and fancy a banger?
www.mistersaucisse.fr
"Fine sausages for the discerning customer"

#375 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:37 PM

liking THE RETURNED very twin peaky strange thing is because it is subtitled you have to really concentrate to keep up, something i don't normally do, usually on here at the same time. :biggrin:

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#376 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

apparently on "on the buses" on itv 4 next week stan and artfur are fitting a new loo in the house, cant wait to see what happens

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#377 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,004 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:37 AM

apparently on "on the buses" on itv 4 next week stan and artfur are fitting a new loo in the house, cant wait to see what happens

Got it on video mate. Some crumpet turns up, Stan connects the wrong socket and Olive takes a dump in the wrong place. Arthur says 'You great lump' and it all ends happily as Blakey breaks his foot staring at some cleavage. (Actually, that was me)

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#378 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,924 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:23 AM

well played Chesney

I think Eileen will be the catalyst for reconciliation between her ghastly boyfriend and lloyd

Keeping it local

#379 D9000

D9000
  • Coach
  • 150 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:09 PM

I just saw a prog about Stradivarius. It may have been about violins, I'm not sure. I spent the whole half hour gawping at Clemency Burton-Hill. Even if she does sound like the heroime of John Betjeman poem.

#380 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,079 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:42 AM

There's a short piece in the Times today about the new head of the BBC sying that something must be done to stop actors mumblig their lines in TV dramas. I'm with him on this; it's very obvious on imported American shows and films but British series aren't immune.

I watch most things on playback but, where an actor's line is a single word of dialogue, I sometimes, even after several rewinds,  struggle to decipher what he/she said.

My hearing is not brilliant, but several of my friends experience the same problem.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users