Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The TV Thread

• Please log in to reply
925 replies to this topic

#401 D9000

D9000
  • Coach
  • 150 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:43 PM

Oh, I've got no problem with people then believing it. It's the Rivers family practising it successfully that grates a bit ... calling a rainstorm down on Rory Buckingham and Henry Tudor it was, last night. 

#402 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,065 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:24 AM

Anybody see that BBC 3 documentary Stacey Dooley investigates the Cocaine Capital of the World.

If it hadn't been for the title, a blind person could have thought it actually was Katie Price doing it. In fact, I'm sure that Katie Price could have done it better.

Talk about dumbing down.

<_<

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#403 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,239 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:54 AM

Anybody see that BBC 3 documentary Stacey Dooley investigates the Cocaine Capital of the World.

If it hadn't been for the title, a blind person could have thought it actually was Katie Price doing it. In fact, I'm sure that Katie Price could have done it better.

Talk about dumbing down.

<_<

The Stacey Dooley documetaries are not the best...

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#404 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,699 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:14 PM

Who is she?

#405 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,381 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:16 PM

Talk about dumbing down.

<_<

The fact that it was on BBC3 wasn't enough of a warning? :rolleyes: 

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#406 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,065 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:42 PM

A really good Channel 5 documentary on Donald Nielson tonight, Bradford's Black Panther serial killer.

He killed three sub-postmasters, including one at Baxenden, just outside Accrington, at a time when I was on a student placement at a chemical factory across the road.

Then he  assaulted, tortured and killed a young girl who he had initially kidnapped with the intention of ransoming her back to her rich parents.

Then we paid a fortune to keep him alive for another 35 years.

:angry:

Edited by Wolford6, 13 August 2013 - 07:46 PM.

#407 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,860 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:24 PM

I thought Paul O'Grady's a working Britain was a cracking bit of telly.
Fides invicta triumphat

#408 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:28 PM

I thought Paul O'Grady's a working Britain was a cracking bit of telly.

Me too.

Much to my surprise. He didn't do the "oh look at me I've made it so everyone else can" at all. As you said, good tv.

#409 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,699 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:21 PM

Has anyone seen the advert for some BBC 3 show about shops?

"I'm more photogenic than walkagenic"

" I'm not materialistic I just like materialistic things"

Makes me laugh every time I see it, but not sure what the programme is and certainly won't watch it if it is reality tv.

#410 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,065 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:47 PM

Last night's Who Do You Think You Are? with Lesley Sharp was utter utter garbage.

She is from Lancashire but missed out her mother's antecedents completely, plus her paternal grandfather. She ended up in Essex trying to trace one of the  fosterchildren  that had been taken in  by her great grandfather.

This boy, from Yorkshire, had  been fostered from Barnardos (for money) by her great grandfather and his second wife when they were in their seventies. He had subsequently emigrated to Canada.

She kept saying her great grandfather must have been a very caring man, glossing over the facts that: -

-  in those days, there was no Old Age Pension and foster-money was a source of income

-  the lad, who was no relation to her, had probably emigrated because the Bardardos foster money had stopped.

I didn't bother watching the end.

#411 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:09 PM

Last night's Who Do You Think You Are? with Lesley Sharp was utter utter garbage.

She is from Lancashire but missed out her mother's antecedents completely, plus her paternal grandfather. She ended up in Essex trying to trace one of the  fosterchildren  that had been taken in  by her great grandfather.

This boy, from Yorkshire, had  been fostered from Barnardos (for money) by her great grandfather and his second wife when they were in their seventies. He had subsequently emigrated to Canada.

She kept saying her great grandfather must have been a very caring man, glossing over the facts that: -

-  in those days, there was no Old Age Pension and foster-money was a source of income

-  the lad, who was no relation to her, had probably emigrated because the Bardardos foster money had stopped.

I didn't bother watching the end.

I watched because I remember her from school and thought there may be something of interest from a local point of view. There wasn't.

Thought the Bernardos stuff was interesting though.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#412 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,860 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:00 PM

Me too.
Much to my surprise. He didn't do the "oh look at me I've made it so everyone else can" at all. As you said, good tv.

Another belter from O'Grady tonight, this time focussing on the lives of the working class. Should be compulsory viewing in schools. Also Who do you think you are with Gary Lineker yesterday was a good watch.
Fides invicta triumphat

#413 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:53 AM

Another belter from O'Grady tonight, this time focussing on the lives of the working class. Should be compulsory viewing in schools. Also Who do you think you are with Gary Lineker yesterday was a good watch.

Damn I forgot all about it. I'll catch up. I've never enjoyed any of his work but he was brilliant in the first show.

#414 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:54 AM

Me too.

Didn't like how he tried to preach his newish attitude toward's the pub and alcohol in the Temperance speech.

#415 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,305 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:19 PM

Also Who do you think you are with Gary Lineker yesterday was a good watch.

I know some celebs have such boring backgrounds they never reach the screen.

North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

#416 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:44 PM

Cilla Black, John Major and Ken Dodd as his guests. What a vile selection of human beings (well two out of three).

Edited by Larry the Leit, 27 August 2013 - 05:22 AM.

#417 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,860 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:23 PM

The second season of The Newsroom is brilliant.
Fides invicta triumphat

#418 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:31 PM

Vanessa feltz has just been announced as the 1st name on that strictly dancing bullox  this year, will these no marks please stop shoving their fat faces in to my living room in the name of so called entertainment just to keep themselves in the public eye and on the cover of chat and bella :angry:

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#419 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,860 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:33 PM

Vanessa feltz has just been announced as the 1st name on that strictly dancing bullox  this year, will these no marks please stop shoving their fat faces in to my living room in the name of so called entertainment just to keep themselves in the public eye and on the cover of chat and bella :angry:

You do know there is a button to change the channels or switch it off. I've never watched any xfactor/strictly/ice dancing because I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon.

Fides invicta triumphat

#420 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:42 PM

You do know there is a button to change the channels or switch it off. I've never watched any xfactor/strictly/ice dancing because I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon.

These sort of shows are exactly what pubs were invented for. :) (That's my excuse anyway, and I'm sticking to it)

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users