The TV Thread

• Please log in to reply
1090 replies to this topic

#421 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:54 PM

These sort of shows are exactly what pubs were invented for. :) (That's my excuse anyway, and I'm sticking to it)

to the pub it is, seriously though how does your head work if you find things like this remotely interesting? cos plenty do!

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#422 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,051 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:01 PM

to the pub it is, seriously though how does your head work if you find things like this remotely interesting? cos plenty do!

Going to the pub "early doors" on a Saturday is a carry over from my playing days (and the only regular drinking I do these days). Why indeed.  :search:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#423 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,292 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

I share your confusion on this. Saturday evening light entertainment has always baffled me. My only guess is that it is comforting and safe.
Fides invicta triumphat

#424 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,649 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:54 PM

I like Strictly Come Dancing, so there!!

:biggrin:

Apparently, Ben Cohen is a possible contestant this year.

He's deaf.

:blink:

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#425 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:35 PM

I like Strictly Come Dancing, so there!!

:biggrin:

Apparently, Ben Cohen is a possible contestant this year.

He's deaf.

:blink:

hes what? sorry?

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#426 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:58 PM

I see there's a new series of the highly predictable, formulaic "Bad Education". I confess I rather enjoyed the first one.
The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#427 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:22 AM

The second season of The Newsroom is brilliant.

Totally agree! Great telly!

GOLD are also showing Jeeves & Wooster from the beginning. Never watched it first time around but I'm enjoying it now.

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino, 03 September 2013 - 10:24 AM.

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#428 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:39 AM

"D'ya like me eyebrows? Shaved 'em all off"

"I shaved all me eyebrows off"

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#429 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,779 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:54 AM

"I'm avin a lat-tay". What a lovely kid. Was chuffed when he got voted onto that student council thing.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#430 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:20 AM

"I'm avin a lat-tay". What a lovely kid. Was chuffed when he got voted onto that student council thing.

Nah, bit of a creepy dick really. I know he didn't mean to be but he's already an old man in Year 10. Be a kid dammit!

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#431 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,779 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:05 AM

"Creepy dick" - bit harsh mate. I know what you mean though, he's older than his years

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#432 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,061 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

Finished the first series of Bates Motel earlier this week.  Very good and far better than I thought it would be.  Brilliant casting as well for it with the young Norman Bates picking up Anthony Perkins' traits in the movie perfectly

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#433 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,649 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:33 AM

I didn't realise it but the BBC's new showpiece drama series Peaky Blinders was filmed in Bradford.

http://www.thetelegr...r_TV_broadcast/

#434 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:53 AM

I didn't realise it but the BBC's new showpiece drama series Peaky Blinders was filmed in Bradford.

http://www.thetelegr...r_TV_broadcast/

Is that a for or against? ;-)
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#435 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,649 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:25 AM

Is that a for or against? ;-)

It's the closest they could get to England in the 1920's.

:(

Having said that, we've still kept most of our beautiful old sandstone buildings. Fortunately the council planning department is lazy as well as useless and never got round to okaying the demolition of all the buildings that it wanted to be replaced by pre-cast concrete junk and corrugated tin sheds.

#436 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,340 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:26 AM

Having said that, we've still kept most of our beautiful old sandstone buildings. Fortunately the council planning department is lazy as well as useless and never got round to okaying the demolition of all the buildings that it wanted to be replaced by pre-cast concrete junk and corrugated tin sheds.

They had a damn good try though.

#437 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,351 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:37 AM

No, but because of the timidity of private sector property developers there's an enormous hole in the city centre.

LUNEW.jpg

#438 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,340 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:22 AM

No, but because of the timidity of private sector property developers there's an enormous hole in the city centre.

It hasn't stopped similar development happening in other cities. Smaller places too. The council are to blame for not having clauses in for non completion, or rather non starting, of the job. It's pretty outrageous actually.

#439 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,649 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:10 AM

The developer, Westgate, bought the site from the council for £50million cash and about forty shops and businesses shut down  (my estimate). When the downturn came, it offered to sell the site back. The council didn't have the money.

However, the council has found £24million to build a set of fountains in the city centre.

The council reportedly got £50million cash from the sale of Leeds Bradford Airport. As far as I am aware, there's been no official statement on where that's gone.

#440 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,560 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:36 AM

I rather enjoyed 'The Wipers Times' on BBC2 last night... although I'm a little reluctant to mention it on TRL, as it will no doubt generate 10 pages of opinions about the class system in the early 20th century. ;) 

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users