Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The TV Thread

• Please log in to reply
1029 replies to this topic

#601 Grollo

Grollo
  • Banned
  • 310 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:21 PM

For some reason, I gave up on drama years ago. However I've recently become interested again. I've watched Homeland since the start of the second season - totally missed the first. That last episode was a bit of a surprise.

I prefer American drama to most of the ###### that we serve up.

Edited by Grollo, 31 December 2013 - 06:23 PM.

What you are aware of you are in control of; what you are not aware of is in control of you.

#602 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,390 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:37 PM

Charlie Brooker's 2013 Wipe was good.

It's summarised here, but it's funnier to watch than read about.

http://www.theguardi...charlie-brooker

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=tdhDq5mgkx4

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#603 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:07 PM

It would appear there's a new Vic and Bob sitcom that's going to hit the airwaves in the New Year. The trailer suggests it's an absolutely pathetic attempt at turning the clock back to their comedy of years gone by. Sadly, it wasn't funny the first time!

LUNEW.jpg

#604 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,997 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:21 PM

The annual Jools Holland Hootenanny last night was actually very good.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#605 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,132 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:13 PM

The annual Jools Holland Hootenanny last night was actually very good.

I should like this show in theory but I find it too backslapping and chummy. Possibly just me on this one but that's what I think.

#606 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:23 PM

I should like this show in theory but I find it too backslapping and chummy. Possibly just me on this one but that's what I think.

I think it gets weaker each year and the 'live' pretence is getting a little tiresome!

LUNEW.jpg

#607 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,997 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:29 PM

I think it gets weaker each year and the 'live' pretence is getting a little tiresome!

Normally, I'd agree, it's been dire for years but last night's was very enjoyable. Maybe it's me getting older ;)

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#608 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,931 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:43 PM

It's still the best NYE show by a long, long way. I'm old enough to remember the likes of Andy Stewart's hogmanay. Oh dear, oh dear now that was dross.
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#609 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,541 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:13 PM

PQ17 An Arctic Convoy Disaster on BBC2 at 9 should make for interesting viewing.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#610 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:35 PM

It's still the best NYE show by a long, long way. I'm old enough to remember the likes of Andy Stewart's hogmanay. Oh dear, oh dear now that was dross.

Bring back Moira Anderson and Kenneth McKellar! :biggrin:

#611 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:53 PM

It would appear there's a new Vic and Bob sitcom that's going to hit the airwaves in the New Year. The trailer suggests it's an absolutely pathetic attempt at turning the clock back to their comedy of years gone by. Sadly, it wasn't funny the first time!

Like Red Dwarf and also Open All Hour's and Bird's of The Feather.

Let's hope they keep Blackadder in the vault's.

#612 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,839 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:54 AM

dear god you have no sense of humour.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#613 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,006 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:45 AM

PQ17 An Arctic Convoy Disaster on BBC2 at 9 should make for interesting viewing.

You were not wrong. Very good work from Clarkson and the BBC.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#614 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,134 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:12 AM

I'm looking forward to James May's Toy Stories and the 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown tonight, both at 9pm.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#615 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,684 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:05 AM

You were not wrong. Very good work from Clarkson and the BBC.

Clarkson did well

It was historically important to hear the voices of survivors who have subsequently died

Clarkson had to simplify the telling of the story and omit a lot of stuff but still gave an excellent account.

He is good at this sort of thing

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#616 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,684 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:06 AM

It is compulsory to find them funny has no one told you?

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#617 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,132 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:28 AM

Zulu is on this afternoon on C4. Can't not watch Zulu at Christmas. ...its the law.

#618 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,931 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:48 AM

Zulu is on this afternoon on C4. Can't not watch Zulu at Christmas. ...its the law.

Ahem, it's not Christmas anymore. Some of us are back at work. :(

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#619 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,518 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:00 PM

On Christmas morning, I walked through the area where I grew up, including Varteg Cemetery, where my grandfather is buried. The chapel is now demolished and the graveyard is in an absolutely decrepit overgrown state. However, there was one brand new black marble grave with some poppy memorabilia on it. It was for Gunner Abraham Evans, who had fought at, and survived,  Rorkes Drift. I presume the new gravestone has been paid for by the local branch of the British Legion.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#620 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:12 PM

It is compulsory to find them funny has no one told you?

Aye, t'would seem so.

LUNEW.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users