Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The TV Thread

• Please log in to reply
834 replies to this topic

#821 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:49 AM

the feckin soccer world cup has ruined my summer viewing. I don't know whether I'm coming or going with Holby.

I'll fill you in...Surgeon A is having a tumultuous love life, while Executive A is really feeling the strain. Nurse C is getting friendly with Doctor B. Consultant X's partner has a terminal illness and maybe its time they healed that rift. Shy and stammering junior Dr Y meanwhile fancies other junior Dr Z who likes a drink or two and ends up with unsavoury characters.

Etc etc

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#822 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:18 PM

On a boring Saturday evening, (I know! I'm getting old!) there was nothing worth watching, so I tuned in to "The Men Who Made Us Spend" on BBC2. Made in conjunction with the OU, I think, but it looked at the marketing of products from Listerine and Zantac to Vitamin Water and moved on to the use of HGH (yes, Human Growth Hormone!) as a means of preventing ageing and finished with a Las Vegas sales symposium (?) for the anti-ageing industry. Dear Lord above! Talk about a bunch of lying, dissembling, two-faced ********s, I couldn't believe they had the nerve to claim scientific backing for the snake oil they are pushing. And people are buying it. Billions of dollars worth of it. Why didn't I think of selling flavoured water as a health aid and making a huge fortune? I blame my teachers. ;)

Edited by tonyXIII, 19 July 2014 - 09:19 PM.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#823 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:36 PM

I watched a bit of a programme earlier on Channel 5, 'Britain's biggest Holiday love rats' or something. Cracking stuff :).

Then Young Ones on GOLD with The Damned in it, quality.

#824 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,594 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:04 PM

Watched 2 episodes of Orphan Black at the weekend. Seemed very good and certainly worth watching more.

And that's season 1 finished. Thoroughly recommended!

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#825 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:14 PM

watched the Hive on BBC yesterday, very interesting.

#826 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,860 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:37 PM

Tonight, ahaead of the Games, BBC1 are showing a programme called 'The Seven Wonders of the Commonwealth' including a section on PNG. Just a heads-up for those who like to spot RL shirts.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#827 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,268 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:04 PM

I'll fill you in...Surgeon A is having a tumultuous love life, while Executive A is really feeling the strain. Nurse C is getting friendly with Doctor B. Consultant X's partner has a terminal illness and maybe its time they healed that rift. Shy and stammering junior Dr Y meanwhile fancies other junior Dr Z who likes a drink or two and ends up with unsavoury characters.

Etc etc

and I've missed all that

unbefeckinglievable

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#828 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,860 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:07 PM

and I've missed all that

unbefeckinglievable

It's just a downmarket version of 'Let the Blood run free'. ;) 

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#829 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:06 PM

Stetsons off to Rich Hall  and the BBC. His California documentary on BBC4 was great TV.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#830 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,860 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:21 PM

Stetsons off to Rich Hall  and the BBC. His California documentary on BBC4 was great TV.

Recorded it, but not watched it yet. His previous documentaries have all been excellent.

#831 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,697 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:38 PM

A bit late to the party but we've been really enjoying '8 out of 10 cats does Countdown'. Much better than the real thing (both Countdown and 8 out of 10 cats) and I've discovered the delights of Rachel Riley, much to my wife's annoyance. 

• ckn likes this
Fides invicta triumphat

#832 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,268 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:28 PM

Stetsons off to Rich Hall and the BBC. His California documentary on BBC4 was great TV.

I wanted to see that sh it
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#833 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:02 PM

I wanted to see that sh it

It's on again tomorrow at 10.30pm

#834 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:40 AM

I watched the Rich Hall California doc. It was really good. Deffo worth checking out

#835 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

Anybody else watching Utopia?

I really like it. There again, I've always been partial to a good conspiracy theory.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users