Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The TV Thread

• Please log in to reply
928 replies to this topic

#861 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,748 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:51 AM

Yeah, I loved the 'Girl in the fireplace' episode and thought the clockwork baddies looked familiar. My confusion was the sexy lizard lesbian lady and the sontaron (who last time I looked were an enemy of the Doc) who were strolling around Victorian London without anyone turning a head. 

Ah yes. I don't think they have ever adequately explained why they just walk around willy nilly (if they have I've forgotten). Presumably Madame Vestra bought her veil at the same disguises shop where they sold Clark Kent his glasses.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#862 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,149 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:56 AM

Anyway, I have found an actual current TV programme although, as is traditional, I am so far behind the curve as to be untrue.

Cuckoo, now apparently in its 2nd series, is making me laugh rather a lot.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#863 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,748 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:18 AM

Anyway, I have found an actual current TV programme although, as is traditional, I am so far behind the curve as to be untrue.

Cuckoo, now apparently in its 2nd series, is making me laugh rather a lot.

The first series was quite a bit different as you may be aware - the lead was Andy Samberg (the father of this new Cuckoo) - and also the daughter has been recast and as such it feels like a different show now. Personally I don't think it's as good, and it isn't as focused as before but there are enough laughs in there to keep watching. Greg Davies turns in very funny performances in most things he does.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#864 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,149 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:22 AM

The first series was quite a bit different as you may be aware - the lead was Andy Samberg (the father of this new Cuckoo) - and also the daughter has been recast and as such it feels like a different show now. Personally I don't think it's as good, and it isn't as focused as before but there are enough laughs in there to keep watching. Greg Davies turns in very funny performances in most things he does.

Yes, I picked up that they'd made some (many) changes.  It does seem a bit scattergun but the performances are strong and there are many decent laughs.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#865 High Peak Rhino

High Peak Rhino
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:34 AM

The first series was quite a bit different as you may be aware - the lead was Andy Samberg (the father of this new Cuckoo) - and also the daughter has been recast and as such it feels like a different show now. Personally I don't think it's as good, and it isn't as focused as before but there are enough laughs in there to keep watching. Greg Davies turns in very funny performances in most things he does

Don't think its quite as good as the first series but there are some genuine laugh out loud moments. Greg Davies is the star though.

#866 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,460 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:38 AM

Tonight on Dave, from 7pm, the complete series of 'Blackadder goes forth'. Just thought you'd like to know.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#867 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,009 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:12 AM

I watched Big School (David Walliams) on Friday. While it was a sort of mix between LB and Catherine Tate characters, I thought it was actually not bad.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#868 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:42 PM

In the club is on tonight. A pox on it.

if women were stereotyped in the same way that men are stereotyped on this bag o sh yte there would quite rightly be hell on. It happens a lot in adverts as well

Also, you would have thought that the actors would at least try to attempt a proper Yorkshire accent. There is too much of the clichéd t'ward, t'nurse and t'shop.

#869 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,460 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:17 PM

Just switched over and watched the second half of 'Doctor Who' for the first time in quite a whilw. Nice to see a good fun adventure instead of the usual "ooh, is the Doctor good really and who is he really and what is the meaning of everything really and that" navelgazing. Swashes buckled, thighs slapped and, almost certainly, mead quaffed.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#870 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,942 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:26 PM

i think it's all going to end in tears in the paramedics department on casualty before long. It's Dixie I feel sorry for.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#871 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:43 PM

bloody hell,  dale winton looks like something out of doctor who ;)

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#872 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:08 PM

Just finished watching The Honourable Woman. Eight episodes, first three were okay, last five were woeful but I held on in the hope of it turning itself around.

I won't get that time back.

Edited by Larry the Leit, 08 September 2014 - 07:53 AM.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#873 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,009 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:56 PM

i think it's all going to end in tears in the paramedics department on casualty before long. It's Dixie I feel sorry for.

As if that tasty bird would fancy the slap head. Ludicrous

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#874 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,875 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:25 AM

Watching Hemlock Grove on Netflix. Very strange Steven King type weirdness and I still haven't got a clue what's going on after 10 episodes. Strangely compelling though.

Also I'm late to this but the Kevin Spacey version of House of Cards is excellent.

Edited by Severus, 08 September 2014 - 02:42 PM.

Fides invicta triumphat

#875 timtum

timtum
  • Coach
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 10:35 AM

Just finished watching The Honourable Woman. Eight episodes, first three were okay, last five were woeful but I held on in the hope of it turning itself around.

I won't get that time back.

Thanks for that.  I have them all saved on iplayer and was half dreading watching them.

In the South of France and fancy a banger?
www.mistersaucisse.fr
"Fine sausages for the discerning customer"

#876 Titaniuum

Titaniuum
  • Players
  • 78 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:01 PM

bloody hell,  dale winton looks like something out of doctor who ;)

So he looks healthy now?

#877 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,312 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:54 PM

I'm enjoying Our Zoo

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#878 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:21 PM

I'm enjoying Our Zoo

Me to. A great story, surprised it's not been done before.
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#879 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:49 AM

I'm enjoying Our Zoo

Captivating and amusing. 

#880 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,460 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:34 AM

A good night in for those who like their guitars LOUD! http://www.bbc.co.uk...ules/2014/09/12

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users