The TV Thread

• Please log in to reply
864 replies to this topic

#861 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,712 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:51 AM

Yeah, I loved the 'Girl in the fireplace' episode and thought the clockwork baddies looked familiar. My confusion was the sexy lizard lesbian lady and the sontaron (who last time I looked were an enemy of the Doc) who were strolling around Victorian London without anyone turning a head. 

Ah yes. I don't think they have ever adequately explained why they just walk around willy nilly (if they have I've forgotten). Presumably Madame Vestra bought her veil at the same disguises shop where they sold Clark Kent his glasses.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#862 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,003 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:56 AM

Anyway, I have found an actual current TV programme although, as is traditional, I am so far behind the curve as to be untrue.

Cuckoo, now apparently in its 2nd series, is making me laugh rather a lot.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#863 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,712 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:18 AM

Anyway, I have found an actual current TV programme although, as is traditional, I am so far behind the curve as to be untrue.

Cuckoo, now apparently in its 2nd series, is making me laugh rather a lot.

The first series was quite a bit different as you may be aware - the lead was Andy Samberg (the father of this new Cuckoo) - and also the daughter has been recast and as such it feels like a different show now. Personally I don't think it's as good, and it isn't as focused as before but there are enough laughs in there to keep watching. Greg Davies turns in very funny performances in most things he does.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#864 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,003 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:22 AM

The first series was quite a bit different as you may be aware - the lead was Andy Samberg (the father of this new Cuckoo) - and also the daughter has been recast and as such it feels like a different show now. Personally I don't think it's as good, and it isn't as focused as before but there are enough laughs in there to keep watching. Greg Davies turns in very funny performances in most things he does.

Yes, I picked up that they'd made some (many) changes.  It does seem a bit scattergun but the performances are strong and there are many decent laughs.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#865 High Peak Rhino

High Peak Rhino
  • 3,247 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:34 AM

The first series was quite a bit different as you may be aware - the lead was Andy Samberg (the father of this new Cuckoo) - and also the daughter has been recast and as such it feels like a different show now. Personally I don't think it's as good, and it isn't as focused as before but there are enough laughs in there to keep watching. Greg Davies turns in very funny performances in most things he does

Don't think its quite as good as the first series but there are some genuine laugh out loud moments. Greg Davies is the star though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users