The TV Thread

• Please log in to reply
1328 replies to this topic

#1321 Shadow

Shadow
  • Coach
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 10:08 AM

Just started watching Daredevil on Netflix. Not usually my bag (man) but loving it so far.

Just finished the set
I thought it was excellent, I'm looking forward to iron fist now

Edited by Shadow, 24 May 2015 - 10:09 AM.

God Rides a Harley but the Devil rides a Ducati!

#1322 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 24,628 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 10:21 AM

Eurovision wasn't even funny last night so watched the last couple of episodes of Car Share. I'll be honest, I did wonder if Peter Kay could still cut it but this has been class. His imaginary Cliff Richard Devil Woman act was immense.

A genuinely funny series and a touch of 'what happens next? '

The 'Forever FM' playlist:biggrin:

Between the optimist & the pessimist
The difference is quite droll:
The optimist sees the doughnut,
The pessimist sees the hole.

#1323 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,906 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 08:05 PM

Demolition - The Wrecking Crew on BBC2 is turning out to be very watchable. The spirit of Fred Dibnah lives on.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#1324 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 6,264 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 10:17 PM

Eurovision wasn't even funny last night so watched the last couple of episodes of Car Share. I'll be honest, I did wonder if Peter Kay could still cut it but this has been class. His imaginary Cliff Richard Devil Woman act was immense.

A genuinely funny series and a touch of 'what happens next? '

I've enjoyed Car Share.  Lots going on in the background to, with shop names and the adverts on Forever FM.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#1325 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 24,628 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:26 PM

1945: The Savage Peace. Worth watching on iPlayer. Grim stuff, but fascinating.

#1326 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,906 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:10 PM

1945: The Savage Peace. Worth watching on iPlayer. Grim stuff, but fascinating.

I watched it last night. Like you say,a grim watch in places but very informative about a forgotten piece of history.
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#1327 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,533 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:24 PM

I've enjoyed Car Share.  Lots going on in the background to, with shop names and the adverts on Forever FM.

Me too - I thought Peter Kay had lost it but then I saw him do a bit of a cameo at, of all places, a gig by Difford and Tilbrook from Squeeze (he's a big fan) and he ad libbed with them and the audience and was very funny. So I gave Car Share a go and was pleasantly surprised. It was hardly ground breaking but it was funny and developed the characters beautifully. Like in Phoenix Nights, you have to like or at least believe in the characters for comedy to work.

North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2015 - the hard work starts now

#1328 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 24,628 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:32 PM

Me too - I thought Peter Kay had lost it but then I saw him do a bit of a cameo at, of all places, a gig by Difford and Tilbrook from Squeeze (he's a big fan) and he ad libbed with them and the audience and was very funny. So I gave Car Share a go and was pleasantly surprised. It was hardly ground breaking but it was funny and developed the characters beautifully. Like in Phoenix Nights, you have to like or at least believe in the characters for comedy to work.

He might well have hooked up with Difford & Tilbrook from them doing the music for a forthcoming comedy drama that Peter Kay is in, playing Danny Baker's dad. And I will watch at least one episode of that, good or bad, just to see what Peter's Sarf Lahndan accent is like. He is supposed to be a bit of a perfectionist - check out the little details of 'Car Share' like the throwaway comment from Forever FM. Or the poster seen at the roadside in one episode.

Edited by Futtocks, 25 May 2015 - 09:34 PM.

#1329 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 24,628 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:58 PM

From the vaults, Kenny Everett's first television series Nice Time, co-presented by Germain Greer and Jonathan 'Candid Camera' Routh. Odd, but quite fun in its own way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users